Post-Game Talk: This is it! Canadiens visiting the Senators in Ottawa at 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'd keep Flash for the season. I'd also keep Barberio and Pateryn over Gilbert, Emelin and Tinordi, but that's just me.

Why.....whyyyyy

Barberio is headed for the AHL, it's not even in question. He wasn't even on a pairing in practice after Juulsen was sent back. He wasn't even given a chance to play tonight to try to show something.

Barberio has a 2-way deal with the AHL part worth 325K.I think it was designed on purpose so that he would not get claimed on waivers and we could have him in St-John as depth.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Much greater chance Tinordi gets claimed off waivers over Tokarski.

Tinordi won't see waivers but we may see him moved in a tit for tat struggling prospect exchange.
I can't see us holding 8D for too long. I'm also convinced Gilbert isn't going anywhere being the one guy who can fill in on LD.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
So what was the line-up? Looked like the Habs were missing Subban, Markov, Semin, and Price. (that is 4/6 of our starting line-up). Anyone else not in the lineup.

They played pretty good given the depleted line-up. I was hoping the Tinner would do something, but it seems that he isn't putting it together. He seemed to the have been directly responsible for 2-3 of the goals. On that last one he seems to be screening Toks for no reason ... he isn't even taking his man out of play.

The Ottawa team looked pretty good. They will probably cause us problems this year, especially with the started in net.

No they didn't. What game were you watching

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
ab0169fdcffa616fe9acb4fea47abe43.jpg

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Why don't they shorten intermissions then? I always found 17 minutes to be stupid long...

Won't sit well with coaches, some players and the companies paying for ads.

And the people being in line 15 minutes to get a hot-dog or take a piss.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
People will reply that it's only preseason and to relax but IMO as long as DD is on this team with MT as it's coach one can't be too sure if anything will change regarding DD's usage.

DD's usage has already changed. What started as an occasional demotion grew into a part-time demotion last season, which is evolving into a full-time demotion this season. People are seeing Desharnais phantoms even when he's no longer there.

Carey The Habs

Sep 18, 2015
Well played game by the habs. Any other goalie in net and they would have won. Not many negatives other than that.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Cut DLR, Hudon, Andrighetto...they should be better than 4th liners to make team. Fleischman no doubt way better option this season.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Fleischman - Desharnais - Weise
DSP - Mitchell - Kassian
Flynn

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Emelin - Gilbert
Pateryn

Price
Tokarski

- last roster spot...waiver claim would be better than Tinordi/Barberio/Bournival
- Condon gets another season in AHL to dominate and shelter Fucale. Tokarski only will get 10 games anyways...rather not have Condone sit that much.

This gets my vote. Habs have the potential to have an awesome bottom-six. I'd also be happy if De la Rose was able to work on his offense in the AHL for a time.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Pre-season means nothing guys.

The results mean nothing but there are still some conclusions to draw from the play of some guys.

Loved what I saw of Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Condon.

I'm always expecting Markov's level to drop every season, but he seemed fine in preseason.

We saw there was nothing wrong with Patch's skating on a few occasions (lol Karlsson).

PP is looking a bit better already. Still early..

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
This gets my vote. Habs have the potential to have an awesome bottom-six. I'd also be happy if De la Rose was able to work on his offense in the AHL for a time.

I agree with you both. I'm also ok with keeping Tokarski but he'd have a one game leash. If he fails in his first game, he's out.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I got a feeling that DLR is never going to improve his offense in the AHL. He's going to get better but if he ever become a 20-20 player or better, it's going to be because he's great defensively and play with great offense players, as he did in the WJC when he played with Forsberg.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
DD's usage has already changed. What started as an occasional demotion grew into a part-time demotion last season, which is evolving into a full-time demotion this season. People are seeing Desharnais phantoms even when he's no longer there.

I think some people are simply skeptical that Therrien will stick with it. We'll see soon enough.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Should we be a tad bit concerned going into the start of the season with two unproven lines defensively?
DD's line got burned down low after he lost a board battle with Turris.
It was the worst shift of the night by either team and all 5 of our players sucked on it.
Ottawa were able to get three unchecked players to the front of our net within say 15-20 secs.
When I say unchecked I mean free and clear. Result GA. Chucky's line also got burnt for a goal with no rejoinder at ES. Not winning hockey even if it is pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad