This is Goodbye

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Those were the days

How about that home game against Buffalo where the fans chanted that they wanted 10 from Buffalo lol

Poor young core.
We had some exciting games during the decade of D as well, I remember being at Rexall chanting we want 10 as well. Then there was the Sammy G 8 point night, I went to that game last minute! The PP passes back and forth behind the net in the Ralph days, those were some fun times but mostly bad bad times!

Reactions: Coffey

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
He didn't treat me very well, nor did he treat anyone else well that was anything short of servile in their opinions of management. Don't miss him, TBH.

Not that this has anything to do with your post, BUT...

I'm in the states and wanted one of those McDavid toasters that I believe were sold at Canadian Tire. It wasn't possible to get one shipped to the states, so I asked if anyone might want to scoop one up for me and ship it.

I don't know anyone here personally, and certainly not Del... But he offered to, and shipped me one. It's an absolutely terrible toaster, but I still have it, and it was super kind for him to go through that trouble.

No idea how he treated anyone else, but he was great to me. Surprised to hear he hasn't been around in awhile!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Sports fans can be a weird bunch. They act like they are playing the game themselves. I'm all for passion and I'm all for constructive criticism for players and team play but man, going out of your way to say that you are "done with a team" is so strange to me. It's just sports at the end of the day. It's not a big deal but for some they make it out to be and get too consumed. But when that happens it can be healthy to walk away. Denouncing it so the world can see it though is just silly. Again. It's. Just. Sports. It's just a form of entertainment. lol.

It's also strange because it's rarely ever true. You think anyone saying they were "done" in October hasn't been watching every minute of this winning streak?

"Done" basically just means that they won't watch until the team wins again. Just like when people were "done" when we got Kane, "done" before Tippett got fired, "done" when Chiarelli was blowing the team apart, etc, etc.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wonder how @Game 8 is doing following his new team the Coyotes?
Fuhrious is now a Seattle Kraken fan too. So strange how former Oilers fans become fans of other clubs. Never stranger than right now. For so many fans around the league that just appreciate talent and good hockey THIS Oilers team is the team to cheer for. For instance before Oilers I was a Habs fan. Just natural to like the best and most talented and entertaining club.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Done with the Oilers and NHL in general. Me falling out of love is not related to the on ice product or lack thereof.

My deleted post gave more insight but this post is not related to them not performing up to expectations. I normally digested 8-10 hours of Oilers content on game days and this week I haven’t watched, listened to or followed anything outside of customers telling me the basics and catching stuff on social media here and there. Losses don’t bother me anymore, and I waited over a week to post to make sure this wasn’t an impulsive reactionary post.

I’m done with this team for the foreseeable future. Anyone who wants to keep in touch can DM me for my social media.

Did he mention that?

Multiple times

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Fuhrious is now a Seattle Kraken fan too. So strange how former Oilers fans become fans of other clubs. Never stranger than right now. For so many fans around the league that just appreciate talent and good hockey THIS Oilers team is the team to cheer for. For instance before Oilers I was a Habs fan. Just natural to like the best and most talented and entertaining club.
I can understand if you're in Seattle, Vegas even Winnipeg pre-move. Getting a hometown team to root for is a valid reason IMO.

Oh I didn't read far into the thread haha
Nah you're good man, people have their reasons for not following sports much anymore. Some give up after a losing streak or a bad stretch and some are a little more real/serious. Mo's are the latter.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I can understand if you're in Seattle, Vegas even Winnipeg pre-move. Getting a hometown team to root for is a valid reason IMO.

Nah you're good man, people have their reasons for not following sports much anymore. Some give up after a losing streak or a bad stretch and some are a little more real/serious. Mo's are the latter.
Yeah, i think Fuhry is in Seattle. The board is kind of funny there. Maybe 7 posters.. easy to notice any Former Oilers fans. You couldn't pay me enough to cheer for the Kraken or live in present day Seattle.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I really don't see why people are up in arms about this. I lurked for several years before joining in 2006. Mowzie was one of my favourite posters from back then. Well thought out posts and lots of humour. What ever his reasons are for his decision the OP for me was just a guy saying goodbye to a community that had meant a lot to him over the years. Why not just take that at face value. If people don't know the poster, this is an easy thread to ignore.
I liked the OP. No problems there...but I think there is a difference between saying I am taking time away and saying "I am done as an Oiler fan." But you say tomato I say....let's get number 14 bitches.

And with that, I am announcing I will no longer be part of this thread. I will miss you all. (See you in the rumours thread.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad