This deal can not fall apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers Hockey

Feb 17, 2005
As bad as things were on Wednesday they would be 10x worse if they do not strike a deal. They got our hopes up again and if they don't agree this time I think people will stop caring. You can only get your hopes up so many times. I believe a deal gets done by the end of the weekend, because there really is no alternative.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Flyers Hockey said:
As bad as things were on Wednesday they would be 10x worse if they do not strike a deal. They got our hopes up again and if they don't agree this time I think people will stop caring. You can only get your hopes up so many times. I believe a deal gets done by the end of the weekend, because there really is no alternative.

You think that's why it was leaked? To put pressure on one side.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I agree. You can't cancel the same season twice.

E.J. Hradek said something very telling on SportsCenter. Gretzky and Lemieux are now coming to take part in neogeotiations. These guys don't come to lose.

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
Are they meeting currently?

I want to know when they'll announce it as official... if actually they don't get fans disapointed again!

Flyers Hockey

Feb 17, 2005
EroCaps said:
You think that's why it was leaked? To put pressure on one side.
I actually think the opposite. They were trying to keep it quiet and the denials are because it got leaked before they wanted it. Either way a failure to make an agreement would be a disaster.

Flyers Hockey

Feb 17, 2005
HaBs_ReNeGaTe said:
Are they meeting currently?

I want to know when they'll announce it as official... if actually they don't get fans disapointed again!
They are meeting today and I would think by no later than tomorrow we will have an answer.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
From my point of view the NHLPA still have to come a long way from there earlier offer to make a deal. NHL won´t move much. It is still not even certain what power people from the NHLPA who will meet with the NHL have.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
go kim johnsson said:
E.J. Hradek said something very telling on SportsCenter. Gretzky and Lemieux are now coming to take part in neogeotiations. These guys don't come to lose.
Yep, I heard him say that too and he's right, these two men became great players just not on talent alone but also because of commitment, passion and great leadership, I'd be shocked if they walked out of there this weekend without a deal.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
Gretzky and Lemieux are now coming to take part in negotiations. These guys don't come to lose.

For some reason, that gave me chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad