Things to do in Edmonton

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Surprised there's no mention of Whyte Ave yet.

Is it no longer good anymore? I always spend a day there with the wife when we come back to visit every few years.
There's definitely some outstanding food spots on Whyte still. Meat and The Next Act are great for BBQ. Dorinku is great for Japanese Street Food, but maybe a tad overpriced for portion sizes. Ampersand is also quite good, but can be expensive.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
He’s leaving Calgary. It’s a quick drive from there instead of heading up to Edmonton then going 3 hours west.
I am going to Banff . I am also taking my granddaughter to West Edmonton Mall . Also going into Toronto for Canada’s Wonderland . Just want more to do in Edmonton as the mall isn’t my cup of tea but I can do the mall for my girl .

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
That thing is still running? I haven't seen that car go over the bridge since I was a kid. I thought that maybe they retired it or something.
Only on weekends May until Sept. They have a website.
Donair in the west aren't not even in the same ballpark as in the east . Halifax was the first place in Canada to have Donairs and the have a perfect sweet sauce for them . I hate the sauce they use out west .
What makes them better? I thought the sauce was the same sweet style? Many in Edmo offer sweet or tzatziki/yoghurt.

I get them for nostalgia in Canada. German Döner or Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) is superior. Good places have fresh in-house baked bread/pita , fresh squeezed lemon, and better sauces than in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad