Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
makes sense. but I don't think 25-26 cap hits is worth getting rid of Cam Atkinson re culture considerations.

I agree. He has one season of salary left to be paid, whatever happens to him.

But don't confuse LTIR with not getting his money. He gets his FLyer money in that case, going on LTIR...are you suggesting something different? Like, if he suggests he's an LTIR candidate, his NEXT contract is a worry?

Whatever. Atkinson is boxed in. He'll do whatever the Flyers say he should do.
Nah, what I'm saying is Atkinson isn't just gonna go on LTIR for the hell of it next season, unless he truly feels he can't play anymore.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
26 should be what people fear this year was bubble team with an influx of young talent but at that point I'd like them to have cap flexibility in case they do need to add
Who are you spending money on that makes it prohibitive to the cap?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Who are you spending money on that makes it prohibitive to the cap?
That far ahead we're looking at new contracts for York Drysdale Frost and poehling assuming they move on from TK that's still a lot of talent looking to get paid

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Farabee on outs in your opinions? Friedman did the throwing his name out and then doing the "Not saying I heard things" bit

I know Frost is someone people have speculated on potentially being moved.

If Farabee was available what do you expect Flyers would be looking for?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
26 should be what people fear this year was bubble team with an influx of young talent but at that point I'd like them to have cap flexibility in case they do need to add

Add? To what?

The Tortorella disaster is only beginning. There going to bleed players away. They won't be anywhere close to a buying situation then. They never rebuilt, and instead they've chained their fate to the most hated asshole in the league.

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Farabee on outs in your opinions? Friedman did the throwing his name out and then doing the "Not saying I heard things" bit

I know Frost is someone people have speculated on potentially being moved.

If Farabee was available what do you expect Flyers would be looking for?
Do you happen to have any past-his-prime overrated RHD on a terrible contract? I really feel like that could be the missing piece to the Flyers "rebuild" and that Farabee could be available in such a deal, along with Frost and maybe even one of our firsts.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That far ahead we're looking at new contracts for York Drysdale Frost and poehling assuming they move on from TK that's still a lot of talent looking to get paid
No it isn’t. Not unless someone breaks out as a superstar-level player. You have guys who will move on too.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Holy shit he got paid.

Edit: late

Briere during these negotiations

safari-sosebee-bentovergirl01.jpg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Do you happen to have any past-his-prime overrated RHD on a terrible contract? I really feel like that could be the missing piece to the Flyers "rebuild" and that Farabee could be available in such a deal, along with Frost and maybe even one of our firsts.

His contract isn't terrible, but Connor Murphy fits your request for most part though he isn't past his prime, just cant stay healthy.

Would look good in a Flyer jersey to be honest

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Add? To what?

The Tortorella disaster is only beginning. There going to bleed players away. They won't be anywhere close to a buying situation then. They never rebuilt, and instead they've chained their fate to the most hated asshole in the league.
Exactly. Briere and Jones need to get rid of this horrible coach or the "rebuild" is stillborn.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Well flyers bought out Weise just to give him an option to find a better fit and continue his nhl career, so you never know what sort of idiocy is gonna happen.
I would just send him to LHV, but the Flyers live by some sort of irrational "moral code" on how a vet-tran should be treated, no matter how negatively it affects the team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well flyers bought out Weise just to give him an option to find a better fit and continue his nhl career, so you never know what sort of idiocy is gonna happen.
Weise was traded. He was someone they wanted gone, it was like the first thing Fletcher did.

Reactions: Curufinwe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Charlie says he thinks Atkinson is bought out, Johansen gets LTIR, Petersen sits on the Phantoms.

Reactions: Larry44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad