Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Things sound like Berube is being courted by the Leafs, Jets and Devils. The underground rumor is that he wants the Flyers gig but it isn’t open. Just wonder if the old bois pull the rug out from under Tortorella to give one of their own the job? Torts to the FO for the next two seasons; Berube behind the bench. It wouldn’t surprise me if it went down.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Things sound like Berube is being courted by the Leafs, Jets and Devils. The underground rumor is that he wants the Flyers gig but it isn’t open. Just wonder if the old bois pull the rug out from under Tortorella to give one of their own the job? Torts to the FO for the next two seasons; Berube behind the bench. It wouldn’t surprise me if it went down.
dont see them paying torts 4 mil not to coach then 4+ for the chief

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Feel like the best fit for Berube is Winnipeg

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Feel like the best fit for Berube is Winnipeg

It was a zoom interview. It’s 99.99% Arniel and it always was. Jets and their inhouse love is just as bad as the Flyers.

I think Jets should get Keefe or Berube.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It was a zoom interview. It’s 99.99% Arniel and it always was. Jets and their inhouse love is just as bad as the Flyers.

I think Jets should get Keefe or Berube.

I am interested in seeing what both coaches do in a new spot. Keefe showed adaptation in the lost series. Leafs started rough with a trash transition that played directly into Boston without even making the B's work and changed the plan. Usually when you see a coach get fired after a series like that, it was a rough affair where they were clearly out of ideas and it wasn't exactly the case with Keefe. On the other hand, goddamn that team seemed extremely high strung; unsure if that's a failure of personnel management, or an inescapable outcome of Toronto media and fans being hockey crackheads.

But yeah, the Jets do seem to love doing the stupider thing.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

dgaspari

Feb 13, 2008
question #1: i thought Drysdale was supposed to have abdominal surgery.
did he have surgery?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
question #1: i thought Drysdale was supposed to have abdominal surgery.
did he have surgery?

Unsure. And I don't believe it was "supposed" to happen, but was listed as "potentially."

This being the Flyers, he should probably have it but he won't, and then he'll miss four months in the middle of the season because of it.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Straight swap. Owen Power.
Can't see the Sabres doing that on a talent basis alone. Along with Dahlin he is expected to be one of their two top pair players on defense. Power is at $6,350,000 next year and it pops up to $8,350,000 for the next six seasons after that with several years of NMC. If that deal were to get on the table, one would think that the Flyers would jump all over it.

Reactions: BernieParent

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I’d trade him for Buffalo’s first

I'd only do it if I knew there was something worth getting there. If somehow Iginla fell to 11 and Helenius to 12, I'd trade Farabee, draft both of them at 11 and 12 and see it as very successful. However, the LW for the Flyers is truly bad. Like, legendary how bad the LW depth is. The Sharks have better LW depth than us with that.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I'd only do it if I knew there was something worth getting there. If somehow Iginla fell to 11 and Helenius to 12, I'd trade Farabee, draft both of them at 11 and 12 and see it as very successful. However, the LW for the Flyers is truly bad. Like, legendary how bad the LW depth is. The Sharks have better LW depth than us with that.
Yeah pure LW is pretty brutal - but they see Foerster and Tippett as two guys who can play both sides long term - and Brink to probably a lesser degree

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad