Things I've learned this offseason

Bob Murray is the worst GM in the NHL

Owners don't care about winning a Stanley Cup

Perry and Getz are washed up

All your RFAs belong to Buffalo

Swedish meatballs is a good way to describe Lindholm / Raks relationship

Do Bieksa/Stoner even hockey ?

WE HAVE AN INTERNAL CAP

Fowler is a plug as a d man and his value should reflect that - HERO charts , duh

Carlyle is back in Anaheim with his playbook that carries one phrase : hit and fight everything, who cares if we win

Getzlaf is now a synonym for lazy. Ex: don't mean to be Getzlaf, just didn't want to look it up

Jared Boll, nuff said

Am I doing this internetting thing right ??

Feel free to add !

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Well you're listing a bunch of opinions, even if they aren't ones that many people have. Therefore this list could go on forever.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought this was serious at first and I almost objected to the Getzlaf+Perry being washed up thing. But I'll share my opinions on each cause why not.

Things I've learned this offseason

Bob Murray is the worst GM in the NHL 1.) Jim Benning. Nuff said

Owners don't care about winning a Stanley Cup 2.) I doubt there's an owner in the NHL that doesn't care about winning the cup. But the argument could be made that they don't care enough to dip into their tres comas to expand the internal budget at least for the space for this supposed "win now" period.

Perry and Getz are washed up: 3.) Not a chance. Neither is contending for a Hart anytime soon, and calling them elite superstars at this point has become something of a stretch given their production but they're still excellent hockey players and given our situation, we're definitely gonna live or die on how they and Gibson do this year.

All your RFAs belong to Buffalo: 4.) They're so annoying and now Edmonton fans are trying to hop on the train

Swedish meatballs is a good way to describe Lindholm / Raks relationship 5.) No comment

Do Bieksa/Stoner even hockey ? 6.) They do. But not well enough to make the money they do.

WE HAVE AN INTERNAL CAP 7.) Yes.

Fowler is a plug as a d man and his value should reflect that - HERO charts , duh 8.) Hero charts say Jeff Petry is a better defenseman than Shea Weber for all they're worth. Fowler has been underrated by hockey fans since before his rookie year started. I'm sure if he was on a more popular team he'd be better regraded and I'm not being glib. I genuinely believe that to be true. People were deadset on the whole "he sucks" thing from the jump. Interesting that Lindholm never got that treatment.

Carlyle is back in Anaheim with his playbook that carries one phrase : hit and fight everything, who cares if we win 9.) I'm sure it says more than that but I'm almost convinced the changes he made to his system are minimal.

Getzlaf is now a synonym for lazy. Ex: don't mean to be Getzlaf, just didn't want to look it up 10.) yep, scapegoating bleeding into where it's not even needed.

Jared Boll, nuff said 11.) I mean...has a single signing not been a dumpster dive yet? I can't even say bargain bin. That would be generous. Raymond is on a good contract for what he is, but he's a cheap gamble. Won't cost us much but it's a gamble all the same.

Am I doing this internetting thing right ??

Feel free to add !

Last edited:

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
- Is Lindholm available?

- Ennis is the best pound for pound, bang for the buck forward that we could hope for in a Fowler trade.

- Andersen is mediocre, and the Leafs have no interest.

- One man's trash is another man's depth scoring.

- "Interesting" is a confusung term.

mytduxfan*

- Is Lindholm available?

- Ennis is the best pound for pound, bang for the buck forward that we could hope for in a Fowler trade.

- Andersen is mediocre, and the Leafs have no interest.

- One man's trash is another man's depth scoring.

- "Interesting" is a confusung term.

:laugh:

- Don't forget that Andersen isn't worth a 1st, especially from TOR.

- Manson carries Lindholm defensively.

- Kulikov is better then Fowler and carries Ekblad, whilst Fowler is dragging down Bieksa with how terrible he is.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The other day I learned to never search Twitter for updates on Lindholm ever again. Twitter proposals are basically the worst of HF on drugs.

Yesterday there was a Boston radio station pushing a Fowler+ for Rask swap, and someone else was suggesting Chara for Lindholm :laugh:

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
The other day I learned to never search Twitter for updates on Lindholm ever again. Twitter proposals are basically the worst of HF on drugs.

Yesterday there was a Boston radio station pushing a Fowler+ for Rask swap, and someone else was suggesting Chara for Lindholm :laugh:

They are indeed the worst of the worst. You'd wanna correct 'em, but you know it's a lost cause. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad