Therrien - New Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
MT is a decent coach. I'm expecting another 110 points season and at least en Eastern Conference Finals !

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Desharnais will play with Pacioretty tonight at some point, 5 on 5.

I remember last season, I think it was the first game Desharnais was moved to 3rd line duty for Galchenyuk. He basically played a double shift and stayed out when Pacioretty came on the ice and spent the entire shift with him after his own line, it was hilarious.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm still leery of having DD and Galchenyuk up the middle. Neither are good defensively so that means it's all on Plek who's going to be teamed with Max. DD becomes an exploitive 3rd... makes no sense to me at all. I really don't like the way we've set things up here.

We'll see how it goes I guess. Bring on the Leafs.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
I'm still leery of having DD and Galchenyuk up the middle. Neither are good defensively so that means it's all on Plek who's going to be teamed with Max. DD becomes an exploitive 3rd... makes no sense to me at all. I really don't like the way we've set things up here.

We'll see how it goes I guess. Bring on the Leafs.

I actually liked what I saw defensively from Galchenyuk in the preseason. He was pretty good at taking the puck away from his man. Plus he's got Eller on his line and Semin who is no slouch defensively.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I actually liked what I saw defensively from Galchenyuk in the preseason. He was pretty good at taking the puck away from his man. Plus he's got Eller on his line and Semin who is no slouch defensively.

He was directly responsible of 2-3 goals against us during pre-season.

All of them were cleary "rookie center mistake" something that would be out of his system by now if they had started to groom him at center earlier.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Pretty much this. We'd start whining about the new coach after less than 20 games anyway.

Everything is whineable on HFBoards lol. Even a 110 points season and a victory in 6 over the hottest teams in the league.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Everything is whineable on HFBoards lol. Even a 110 points season and a victory in 6 over the hottest teams in the league.

You are contradicting yourself here, 110pts make us "THE 2ND BEST TEAM" in the league. If so, then winning against a wild card team is nothing to brag about.

GallySquared

GoHabsGo
Sep 25, 2010
Canada
AsheyMarahArt.com
I can't believe he's still our coach :( I hope he has a short leash this season.

His lack of stability with the lines, and his preference of players and their playing time, just drives me insane. Here's hoping he's changed, and his favorites don't get all the powerplay/offensive time.... again.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
You are contradicting yourself here, 110pts make us "THE 2ND BEST TEAM" in the league. If so, then winning against a wild card team is nothing to brag about.

You know what he meant, Ottawa came in the playoffs on a 20-1-3 streak or something like that. They had all the momentum in the world and we stopped them.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I think you should take 6 months off and come back here in April. Don't watch any of the games. Just base your analysis of the team off our position in the standings and the amount of pts gathered. It would be exactly what you're doing now.

You understand a bit better now how ridiculous saying ''we had 110pts, we're awesome!'' is?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Hopefully I don't have to come to this thread complaining about MT as much as I did last season. :) If he'd just leave DD out of the top 6 if the Habs are healthy and limit his PP time my MT complaints would likely decrease by at least 85%. :)

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
You know what he meant, Ottawa came in the playoffs on a 20-1-3 streak or something like that. They had all the momentum in the world and we stopped them.

No I don't, because I can't bend logic like that.

If beating a wild card team become some kind of Badge of Honour because they were "hot" then that mean da record is meaningless.

I'm sorry you can't have both.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
On Leafs Lunch, Ray Ferraro said "Therrien is highly scrutinized in Montreal. They act almost as if he was some random guy was pulled off the street and was told he's now the coach of the Habs."

Then one of them called him Mr. Magoo :laugh:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
On Leafs Lunch, Ray Ferraro said "Therrien is highly scrutinized in Montreal. They act almost as if he was some random guy was pulled off the street and was told he's now the coach of the Habs."

Then one of them called him Mr. Magoo :laugh:

I wonder if Ray Ferraro thinks Aaron Ward is of the same opinion..

CGG

Jan 6, 2005

Eller will help Chucky out in the Habs end of the ice.

I think Mitchell is a big piece of the puzzle though. You needed Pleks and Eller playing solid D last season because the 4th line was an utter joke. Good on face offs, but couldn't actually do anything right after the puck was dropped. A possession nightmare.

Now that we have a legit and very fast 4th line I think that line can actually be used more, in any situation, to defend or drive possession. So Pleks won't have any added burden compared to last year.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I think you should take 6 months off and come back here in April. Don't watch any of the games. Just base your analysis of the team off our position in the standings and the amount of pts gathered. It would be exactly what you're doing now.

You understand a bit better now how ridiculous saying ''we had 110pts, we're awesome!'' is?

It would probably still be more accurate than the majority of things we can read here

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Should be the ''Process Edition''.

It's always a process... c'tun processusss

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It would probably still be more accurate than the majority of things we can read here
If you have an argument to make about him being a great coach by all means make it.

There are very valid criticisms to make against him... if you disagree by all means make the argument. Screaming "whiners" isn't constructive or accurate. The arguments (backed up with stats) against him are numerous, the numbers for him are the standings (and anything else you want to add.) And the debate is how much credit (if any) he deserves for Montreal getting over 100 points. Leave the personal stuff out of it please, blanket statements about posters "whining" isn't really a topic of debate we want to have here. By all means challenge people on what they've argued in terms of him being a good/bad coach. That's what this thread is about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad