Pre-Game Talk: There's still another game they said..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
The Avalanche are resting no players tonight according to their board. Their backup goalie is starting, but that's it.

They've been playing some horrid hockey lately, they are probably looking to generate a feel good result before the playoffs. Hopefully we make life difficult with our C team.

Would love to see McDavid, Drai, Hyman, Nuge all scratched up front and at lease Ekholm - Bouchard on defense. Also start Pickard again, f*** it.
They don't have so many players in Bako. They probably rest a few forwards and a d-man or two.

What is Ryan Smyth doing there? St.Lake City Mullets obviously.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
This is honestly f***ing disgusting, Sportsnet straight up hates Edmonton and wants us to suffer. Theyre doing Jack insanely dirty, one of the most tenured commentators in the biz can’t get a single game. It’s a joke. And before douchebags bring up the R word, look at Torontos old-white-dude exclusive broadcast club for Leafs games, they wouldn’t suffer any diversity on their broadcast under any circumstances, they’re straight up prejudiced media elites sending all the “diverse” people thousands of Kms away into the wilderness. Wont let them near prime time.

Honestly, I would pelt any Sportsnet executive with rotten vegetables if they came within 1000 miles of me, but they won’t. They’ll be holed up in their outrageously overpriced McMansion in Muskoka calling the shots from their home office. They are the ultimate scumbags in Canada, the absolute asbestos of the earth. Cant wait until someone outbids them for at least a majority of games next time rights are up. Horrible.

Apparently Cuthbert called Anthony Duclair "Mathieu Joseph" last night lol

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Oilers fans training to be ready for Singh-gasms every Kings or Knights goal

200w.gif

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is honestly f***ing disgusting, Sportsnet straight up hates Edmonton and wants us to suffer. Theyre doing Jack insanely dirty, one of the most tenured commentators in the biz can’t get a single game. It’s a joke. And before douchebags bring up the R word, look at Torontos old-white-dude exclusive broadcast club for Leafs games, they wouldn’t suffer any diversity on their broadcast under any circumstances, they’re straight up prejudiced media elites sending all the “diverse” people thousands of Kms away into the wilderness. Wont let them near prime time.

Honestly, I would pelt any Sportsnet executive with rotten vegetables if they came within 1000 miles of me, but they won’t. They’ll be holed up in their outrageously overpriced McMansion in Muskoka calling the shots from their home office. They are the ultimate scumbags in Canada, the absolute asbestos of the earth. Cant wait until someone outbids them for at least a majority of games next time rights are up. Horrible.
I think that Jack is a garbage broadcaster (Im not a fan of Singh either) but of course its all completely subjective...we all have our opinions.

Im curious though...what exactly does someone being white have to do with anything?

How exactly does 'diversity' make a broadcast team better?
If it does then you should be thrilled with the notion that Singh usually does Canada wide broadcasts of Oilers games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Gotta get a laugh at you guys complaining about commentators. Blackhawks has the dorkiest, I-don't-know-hockey commentator ever to call an NHL game in Chris Vosters.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Thank god I'll have access to the opposing team's broadcast through nhl.tv app. Would have to mute the Oilers broadcast with Singh
Thats the way to go.
Listening to some of the opposing teams broadcasts really underscores how bad Sportsnets broadcasts (Jack, Singh et al) really are. Even the commentary in the intermissions are better.
I am going to do that full time next season for sure.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I think that Jack is a garbage broadcaster (Im not a fan of Singh either) but of course its all completely subjective...we all have our opinions.

Im curious though...what exactly does someone being white have to do with anything?

How exactly does 'diversity' make a broadcast team better?
If it does then you should be thrilled with the notion that Singh usually does Canada wide broadcasts of Oilers games.

my point was that any time anybody says they prefer anyone other than Singh they are lambasted as racists. I tweeted a bring back jack petition to every broadcaster/blogger in the market and they were all terrified of even mentioning it because Singh is brown. They're scumbag cowards. Everyone involved, sucks hard. Most Oilers fans don't give a damn if the broadcaster is a transgender purple alien if they are good at their job. Jack, regardless of how fat and 80s-obsessed he may be, is an excellent high-energy broadcaster that understands the game and gets it right 99% of the time. Who cares if he's secretly a woman? He's the best we've got in this market, and the majority of the market wants him to continue (as verified by numerous polls), as CGY's broadcasters were allowed to do, and vancouver are being allowed to do, regardless of not being national broadcasters. Edmonton is the ONLY market punished year-after-year with C-grade commentating at the most critical time of the year.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Given how many complaints there have been about Michaels and DeBrusk this year I don't see this as the downgrade some people think it is.

A win's a win, regardless of who's calling the game.
I'm fine with just Singh doing both the commentating and the color, but he has to do the color impersonating Debrusk and the commentating in a caricature of Michaels.

If you didn't get it the first time it would be Singh performing his regular play-by-play, while doing his best Michaels impersonation, then on top of that, performing the analysis while pretending to Debrusk, with his best Debrusk imitation. He'd be narrating both jobs pretending to be two different people.

At the end of every game shoot Bettman out of a cannon.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I don't know why so many people complain about Jack... I think he's excellent.

Singh annoys me. He mixes up players all the time and he often has no idea what just happened with the play. At least 2-3 times per game there is a whistle for offside, high stick or hand pass and he just has straight up no idea what happened lol

Agree
I actually like most announcers even Singh. But he's very limited in his cadence and delivery, especially bringing his voice and excitement level up at totally wrong times.

Still believe that if Jack could ever learn to tone down a bit without losing his energy, he'd be one of the best in the business.

Neither my opinion or others matter though which is a shame. If we as a fan base want our reg season announcer for the PO we should be able to have that.

Reactions: oobga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad