Pre-Game Talk: There's a game tonight. Hawks @ Stars 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Curious ... is Dahlstrom and Murphy the right pairing? Can Forsling and Murphy work together?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not so sure about Johnson on 4th line. I think I'd prefer the line of:

Perlini-Hayden-Martinsen .... but we'll see how it goes. It is a great opportunity for Johnson to show he belongs.

On another note: Highmore must be frustrated to be out with injury.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
So have they figured out what is ailing Stephen Johns yet?

Post-Traumatic Headaches. They’re different than PCS. It’s something that mysteriously popped up in training camp and there’s not been a lot of update on his actual status. He has rejoined skating with the team in practice, so he might be close, but nothing yet.

Shame, too. He really had a nice season last year and was prime for a huge opportunity with us this year.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
They're being utilized in a shut down role and have done well, IMO.
Do you think Dahlstrom and Murphy is a long term solution? I'd like to see a bit more speed paired with them ... while I agree they are playing well.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Do you think Dahlstrom and Murphy is a long term solution? I'd like to see a bit more speed paired with them ... while I agree they are playing well.

Dahlstrom is a little early to tell. In the few games he has played in, he has shown that he can be a solid stay-at-home D. I've liked everything I've seen from him. Provides a physical presence along with Murphy, which is also nice. He's been nothing short of great, IMO.

Murphy looks better and better each game. I can see this being a long-term 3rd pairing and/or shutdown pairing solution, so long as Dahlstrom maintains his current level of play. I only slide Murphy into the third pairing once Boqvist, Mitchell, Joker, and Beaudin. are all here and ready. They'll be a phenomenal third pairing if the young prospects all hit.

Boqvist - Mitchell
Joker - Beaudin
Murphy - Dahlstrom
Gus

Looks like a great D corps. Pending development, obviously. I also think there will be some trades made with some of these players, as there is seemingly going to be a huge logjam in the D corps moving forward. So kind of hard to predict who all will be on the backend in a season or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad