Speculation: There's 18 games left in the season. Why would there be a coaching change at this point?

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Part of me would love to see this team coached by J Quenville for one year. I would be curious to see how he would handle the complete level of certain players in meaningful games. Maybe the same outcome but would be interesting

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
He should have been gone years ago.

The fact he’s still here means they will never fire him and are obsessed with Keefe’s regular season results.

No other coach would have survived the number of first rounds he has lost.

Reactions: OddyOh and rumman

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Everyone seems eager to fire the coach, perhaps in anticipation of directing their frustrations toward the next coach. Within a year, they’ll likely be clamoring for the new coach’s firing as well.

I've watched this play out over and over again.
You do know that more than one person operates every account here, right?

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I am loving Keefe this season. Love the way he handled the Rielly incident. Love the way he is giving it to the incompetent officials.

Reactions: OddyOh

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Keefe gets fired when Quenville is ready.

For Tre to lengthen his tenure as long as possible, you keep the original coach as long as possible.

Your clock starts to tick when you bring in your coach.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I'm hoping they bring in Berube. I don't want Quenville's luggage to be honest. The media will find a way to make it an issue or bring it up. I'm also fine with Keefe winning rounds and earning another year.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Could be a exciting off season for us depending on how the season goes, new head coach ( I think if Keefe doesn't make it to the 3rd round, he will be fired) and a new revamped d-core..

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I think this is a non topic.

If he was being fired it would have happened already.

Best case scenario is he’s fired in the offseason.

No doubt in my mind he can’t develop young players, and I don’t want him anywhere near Minten and Cowan.

Reactions: OddyOh

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Coaches have a shelf life. Even the best of them.

If Keefe gets out of the 1st round he stays IMO.
If Keefe is a UFA he will be coaching in the league somewhere else next year.

How about a Sullivan for Keefe trade this offseason? A good old fashion coaching trade

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah it's this late in the season and this guy still hasn't figured out who works with who, that's why!

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I'm hoping they bring in Berube. I don't want Quenville's luggage to be honest. The media will find a way to make it an issue or bring it up. I'm also fine with Keefe winning rounds and earning another year.
You would be correct about that. Exhibit 1: The second Keefe was brought in, the media immediately started harping on his connection to Frost. Bringing in Q would turn that up to 11; the story would never be about the team and always about the incident in Chicago...

No doubt in my mind he can’t develop young players, and I don’t want him anywhere near Minten and Cowan.
Every young player that has joined the team under Keefe has regressed, some significantly.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
No reason to get rid of him now.
The roster is good but flawed.
Their record is good (but not the best)
They are making the playoffs.
Keefe has made mistakes, but mistakes are more noticable when you have a flawed roster.
See how things go in the playoffs, evaluate in the offseason. its simple and the right thing to do now.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Absolutely. Keefe will be fired with 4 games left in the season and Treliving will take over as head coach. It has happened before, so why not :sarcasm:

hi-res-09bc8874cdaa3ed98834256b1638bb5e_crop_north.jpg

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Everyone seems eager to fire the coach, perhaps in anticipation of directing their frustrations toward the next coach. Within a year, they’ll likely be clamoring for the new coach’s firing as well.

I've watched this play out over and over again.

Im eager for a core shakeup more than a coaching change.

Keefe can change as well. But I’d want Marner or Tavares gone for other type of players.

We have 2 Kessels in Mathew’s and Willie.
We don’t need 4.

We need heart and soul guys.
Guys who get angry and want to level Marchand and make Pastrnak miserable.

As of now only the support cast is doing this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00