Tribute There Goes Our Hero : Jonathan Drouin

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I wouldn't be surprised one second if he goes PPG next season in Colorado.

I know it's pointless to relitigate this, but the man is 28 and there's no evidence that he is a good NHL player.

At this point in his career it's irrelevant what he was in junior hockey. It's clear Drouin is very skilled at certain elements of hockey, that he can put up points in bursts, but that doesn't make him good, at this point there is plenty of evidence that his poor hockey IQ and fragility nullify whatever puck skill he has.

He's a one zone player who was an inconsistent finisher even before his wrist got messed up, and now it's even worse, he's fully dependent on usage and linemates to produce, and using your best players with him is a waste since he can't handle quality opposition.

He never learned how to play hockey when he's not overwhelmingly the most skilled player on the ice, whether that be because he's just not actually a smart player, because he's made of glass, or off ice reasons, they reality is a good team like Denver can't really rely on him as anything more than a power play weapon if they want to win. He's not a Lehkonen who contributes in all aspects of the game even when not putting up points, when Drouin is not putting up points he's a liability.

I hope it works out for him and I can see him being productive with low expectations and a sheltered role, but he is what he is at this point in his career anf will probably be playing in Switzerland after next year.

Reactions: Paddyjack and Andy

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Gone yet the stench lingers on:laugh:

source.gif

Reactions: expy

badi

Jan 21, 2008
The Worst Bergevin move and god knows there has been a few of those o_O

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
People talking about Drouin getting 70 points , If he does have a great season it says alot more about him as an individual than the habs as a team IMO

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin is finally gone and all this thread is more dumping shit on him.

Good luck with the Avs. Sucks it didn't work out in Montreal.

• Haha
Reactions: expy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad