GDT: Their Cats vs Our Cats Panthers @ Preds 1 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Can we try playing the team w/o Subban and Josi in the next game? We seemed to have played better when they weren't in the lineup.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I know this really doesn't matter, but how does the home team media not give Arvidsson the #1 star of the game? I know we lost, but it's our home player and it's a hatty!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
When you are getting rave reviews with your all out hustle resulting in production, what does that say about the loafers on the team? Believe me, there are several of them this year who are projected to be stars. Why is it that multi-million dollar players dont go all out like Arvy? Puzzles me.

Flat out aren't capable of it on a regular basis. While Arvy also has a lot of skill, that work ethic and playstyle is the only reason he's an NHL player--it is ingrained in him and is just part of the way he plays the game. Forsberg, Johansen, etc... are so talented they've never had to play that "all-out" style in order to be effective/successful. It's why "Angry Shea" only came out a handful of times a season.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Thinking we may need to call Ribeiro up. Even though he is slow and has his flaws he is good at getting/moving the puck in the offense zone as the puck seems to stick to his stick and he generally is good at making passes and creating offense.

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Last year the defensmen scored 55 goals and so far this season they have 28 so goals from defensemen are not down all that much unless they just lay down the rest of the year they will be in the 40 to 45 range basically the drop in Webers goal scoring to Subbans.Which is nothing we did not expect we knew PK was going to have more assts yet he is short on that probably due to injury but who knows. Both Poile and Lavi EXPECTED the offense to pick up the slack from the trade and it appears they are wrong.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Some folks dont like Subban. Some apparently do. His play this year has been poor both before he was injured and after he came back. He has all the appearence this year of being a product of his self hype and the Montreal media. Thats not hate, at least by me, but total disappointment. Of course, I'm more disappointed in Forsberg.

Actually this is BS, Subban was playing pretty dang well before the injury. Yeah he had a slow start, but he was looking pretty good and putting up points before the injury. After that, not so much. According to him he is 80%, which means he is still feeling that injury.

Do I think he was hyped, duh he was in Montreal. Doesn't mean he can't and won't be a top notch Dman. We tend to act like Weber was perfect, here is a news flash, he made mistakes too.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Sorry but that's not BS. Slow start is an understatement. I'm a PK supporter but this year has been a disaster for him. Performance wise and injury wise. Here's a news flash for you, I never said Weber was perfect. Don't know where you got that. But, in order to support PK, don't cast stones at Weber; he was great while here. Couldn't have asked for a better Dman. PK may come along, I sure hope so.

I would've rather had Suter than Weber. Karlsson and Burns come to mind when asking for better Dmen. Keith and Doughty aren't too shabby either. There's that Hedman guy who's not too shabby either.

I'll give an example of why the Subban hate is pointless. We talk about Wilson not being a point producer yet he gets guys the puck in the right place and they don't finish. So is that Wilson's problem that they guys can't put the puck in the back of the net and when they don't, Wilson gets blamed for not putting up points.

Where's the hate for Neal right now? Where has he been?

Has anyone thought that Subban and Ekholm as a pairing is the right fit? Coaches get paid to put players in a position to succeed. If Subban isn't succeeding and he's been playing with Ekholm, maybe it's time to change the pairing. Maybe we need to be looking at Laviolette as opposed to his players.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I would've rather had Suter than Weber. Karlsson and Burns come to mind when asking for better Dmen. Keith and Doughty aren't too shabby either. There's that Hedman guy who's not too shabby either.

I'll give an example of why the Subban hate is pointless. We talk about Wilson not being a point producer yet he gets guys the puck in the right place and they don't finish. So is that Wilson's problem that they guys can't put the puck in the back of the net and when they don't, Wilson gets blamed for not putting up points.

Has anyone thought that Subban and Ekholm as a pairing is the right fit? Coaches get paid to put players in a position to succeed. If Subban isn't succeeding and he's been playing with Ekholm, maybe it's time to change the pairing. Maybe we need to be looking at Laviolette as opposed to his players.
Aside from being consistently inconsistent, this team has established zero identity during Lavy's time here. We keep hearing about "up tempo" and "speed," yet we either don't know how to do it, don't have the personnel for it (still, after turning over half the roster from Trotz) or we just suck at it. "Throw tons of low percentage shots on net to throw off the opponent" worked for his first 40 games, until teams just started allowing us to take them--and capitalizing on how it would make us vulnerable in transition. I don't know what the hell kind of team we truly are anymore. Don't think Lavy knows either. We seem to be more successful when we go back to defense-first hockey, but the constant attempts to loosen the strings after those streaks says to me it's not what they're wanting us to do.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Forgot to add I agree with this.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Thinking we may need to call Ribeiro up. Even though he is slow and has his flaws he is good at getting/moving the puck in the offense zone as the puck seems to stick to his stick and he generally is good at making passes and creating offense.

Seriously , I liked how he slowed the pace. He seemed to have a way of knocking the opponents off their rhythm. He did look like a loafed around though, so if he checked out on the team then screw him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Sorry but that's not BS. Slow start is an understatement. I'm a PK supporter but this year has been a disaster for him. Performance wise and injury wise. Here's a news flash for you, I never said Weber was perfect. Don't know where you got that. But, in order to support PK, don't cast stones at Weber; he was great while here. Couldn't have asked for a better Dman. PK may come along, I sure hope so.

Before the injury he was on pace for 20 goals and 34 assits. That's 54 points, pretty much dead on what Weber had last season. So yes it's BS to say he wasn't playing better before the injury. His physical Gane was picking up and he was starting to make plays. Maybe you've lost it in the fog of the season, but there was a stretch before he got hurt that he was playing well. Keep in mind as well, he apparently was in bad shape roughly 5 games before he shut it down.

Frankly the slow start was expected considering the amount of changes he faced and coming off an injury the season before.

Im not saying that I think he has been good for the most part but it did look like he was starting to get his game together when he got hurt.

For what it's worth I'm about tired of Lavi. I don't think he knows how he wants the team to play half the time. It feels like they just make it up as they go.

Sm1975

Feb 7, 2017
Subban had 7 goals 10 assists in 29 games before his injury , on pace for less than 50 points ..Now alot less

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
whats wrong with James Neal? seems like he rarely gets points now.... not playing well? or just having no puck luck

0 points in last 7 games and only 4 points in last 18 games. He does though have 56 sog's in those 18 games so maybe its just bad luck?

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Seriously , I liked how he slowed the pace. He seemed to have a way of knocking the opponents off their rhythm. He did look like a loafed around though, so if he checked out on the team then screw him.
I said for a long time that I didn't have as much of a problem with him as a lot of people. He can be frustrating like Kostitsyn used to be but he still does have talent to bring to the table. I wouldn't mind calling him up. Unless like you said, he quit on the team and is having character issues or whatever you want to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad