The worst contract moving forward: Dubois or Huberdeau?

Moving forward, which contract is worse?

• Dubois

Votes: 47 27.0%
  • Huberdeau

Votes: 114 65.5%
  • Both are equally worst

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Dubois is pulling down a team with good pieces vs Huberdeau pulling down a mediocre team. In a vacuum, dubois is younger so the potential is there to put it back together.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
Gotta go with Huderdeau. Age is a big factor in this comparison and Huberdeaus best seasons are almost certainly behind him. PLD has more upside and is a cheaper cap hit.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
I truly believed in PLD for a long time. But I honestly don't think he has any chance to ever live up to his current deal. He fails the eye test in spectacular fashion.

Huberdeau has been pretty bad with CGY, but I feel like he's a streaky guy, and he can still turn it around. Even what I say from the Flames this year, he was still noticeable and creating chances.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
30+ year old winger with an AAV 2 million dollars higher vs 26 year old center.

This isn't even close.

If the players were making 4 million and 6 million respectively not a single person would be saying Dubois is worse.

But somehow the 2 million dollar AAV gap is ignored because they both have big contracts

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Two extra million for Huberdeau, who is 5 years older. Contracts expire at same time. OOF.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Can someone explain to me why the Kings trades Vilardi for PLD ? I wasn't paying a lot of attention at the time.
Vilardi does have a history of injuries, and never really broke out before this season.

PLD was coming off 27G 63P in 73GP..... I was always skeptical given his contract year, much like Kadri a few seasons ago, and Reinhart this season. SOmeones going to be really disappointed this summer giving Reinhart $10M+ AAV.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Even as a flames fan, i literally see no way how its not huberdeau, older and more expensive. I can totally see 8.5 being the going rate for 2c with the cap keep growing, 10.5 is gonna be expensive for years to come

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Huberdeau is 5 years older, they put up similar production the last 2 seasons, Huberdeau makes $2m more/yr for the same amount of years. There's no question which contract is worse.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
What is this. Some are so eager. Ridiculous comparison right now.

Of course PLD’ current play and production, for what €8M, is terrible. He is 24 though. Once he keeps this level of play, it can somewhat be compared with Huberdeau. Horrible trade anyway until he is going to put up 75+ points.

Huberdeau is 30+ and signed till eternity.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think PLD is who he is and that LA way overpaid.

I think Huberdeau is a good player that is stuck in a bad spot on a bad team.

I think if sent either to a new team, you'd see the same out of PLD but an uptick from Huberdeau.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Vilardi does have a history of injuries, and never really broke out before this season.

PLD was coming off 27G 63P in 73GP..... I was always skeptical given his contract year, much like Kadri a few seasons ago, and Reinhart this season. SOmeones going to be really disappointed this summer giving Reinhart $10M+ AAV.
Vilardi already broke out last season and was the better player already.

Despite all that Blake thought it was a good idea to trade a truckload for a worse player.

Seriously mind boggling.

Reminds me when LA traded two valuable 2nd rounders for beachball Dan Cloutier. Everyone could see this was not a good goalie.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Tough choice, based on age my initial reaction was to say Huberdeau.
Considering Dubois has forced himself out of 2 franchises already I would bet it's a trend that continues. That situation unfolding with that cap hit, his effort when he hits his I want out stage and the NMC I think will make it worse than however the Huberdeau situation plays out

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
PLD still has all of the tools to be a dominant player out there, he didn't forget how to play hockey 1 year after leaving the Jets.

Guy is still 25, get him a new coach or figure out a way to get him going and the contract is fine. Huberdeau is on the wrong side of 30 now and has a higher aav

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad