Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From the Strib...

“That’s the stupidest statement I’ve heard in life. After 40 games, I’ve got to believe they’re pretty well entrenched with what they’re doing.”

Wild coach Bruce Boudreau, upset that a Ducks reporter asserted that Anaheim — which recently gave up 55 shots — still has a tendency for defensive breakdowns dating to Boudreau’s tenure.

Also from the Strib...

he wasn’t celebrating that the Wild’s .697 points percentage (best in the West) assures that it’ll still have the best points percentage in the Central by the end of Tuesday night. That means Boudreau, who has come close in the past but missed either because of a late loss or an Olympic year, will coach in his first NHL All-Star Game later this month right back here in the Staples Center.

He quipped, “So, I have to come back here? %$&#!!!”

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

A2Tjxc.gif

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Q: You drove cross country just to meet with Scott Stevens?

A: I had to go back to Hersey anyways, but I told him I drove all the way so he would feel special.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Michael Russo said:
On the Wild’s style and character: “When I got the job, I told [General Manager Chuck Fletcher] we have to get bigger, that we have a bunch of smurfs, all small guys. But these guys we have can all just skate and they get in everybody’s way, and they’re like little gnats. But they’re very, very effective gnats. Nobody cares who scores. All they care about is the end result. I don’t think there’s an awful lot of egos on our team. It’s pretty hard to have an ego when you’ve got a Hall of Fame defenseman [Scott Stevens] with no ego behind the bench working just as hard as any of the players.â€

:laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I've never thought of us as a "small" team! Average, I guess.

I bet Boudreau's chomping at the bit to get Tuch & Greenway up here.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I've never thought of us as a "small" team! Average, I guess.

I bet Boudreau's chomping at the bit to get Tuch & Greenway up here.

Parise, Granlund, Zucker, Spurgeon, Pominville, Schroeder, Pulkkinen...all below average.
And aside of Dubnyk there's not one really big player.
Even the other defenders are average.

I totally understand Boudreau's impression.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
6'1", 201 lbs was the average height/weight last year of all NHL players. So anyone smaller than Brodin (even he is a few lbs undersized) qualifies. https://hockey-graphs.com/2015/02/19/nhl-player-size-from-1917-18-to-2014-15-a-brief-look/

Dumba, Haula, Pommer, Parise, Zucker, Granny, Schroeder, Spurgeon are all short. Reilly and Olofsson are underweight, but should add some lbs as they get older. All Wild stats taken from the official team roster (so grain of salt is needed).

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Michael Russo said:
Boudreau was asked by an Edmonton reporter why everywhere he coaches, he seems to make players feel good about themselves. The often self-deprecating Boudreau cracked, “They look at me and go, ‘I’ve got to feel good about myself.’ â€

BB is a gift that keeps on giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad