The WJC TSN, Team Canada and Canadian fans Appreciation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
Since it's becoming pretty popular to complain about TSN, and complain about Canadian juniour players and how Canadian fans are classless, I would like to applaud everyone of them.

Thanks TSN for putting a tournament on TV, which the rest of the world could care less about. It's because of you my friends and I and for that matter many other Canadians have created a tradition of sitting down and watching the games and having a good time. It's because of you I have learned more about upcoming prospects who are about to enter the draft. It's because of you I get to watch end to end hockey with no clutching or grabbing. :clap:

Thanks Team Canada for playing with heart and determination. Just when you were anoited as a third place team you beat the so called favorite US team to ensure an easier way of getting to the final. :clap:

Thanks to all the Canadian fans for being passionate and providing a spark to the team. Good on you to cheer for the underdog, but shame on you for booing another team. :sarcasm: :clap:

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
GagsIsDaMan said:
Since it's becoming pretty popular to complain about TSN, and complain about Canadian juniour players and how Canadian fans are classless, I would like to applaud everyone of them.

Thanks TSN for putting a tournament on TV, which the rest of the world could care less about. It's because of you my friends and I and for that matter many other Canadians have created a tradition of sitting down and watching the games and having a good time. It's because of you I have learned more about upcoming prospects who are about to enter the draft. It's because of you I get to watch end to end hockey with no clutching or grabbing. :clap:

Thanks Team Canada for playing with heart and determination. Just when you were anoited as a third place team you beat the so called favorite US team to ensure an easier way of getting to the final. :clap:

Thanks to all the Canadian fans for being passionate and providing a spark to the team. Good on you to cheer for the underdog, but shame on you for booing another team. :sarcasm: :clap:

Ditto...well said. The Juniors always add a little to the Holidays. It's been a fun tourney and it's easy to take the coverage for granted...Mcguire still sucks though.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
GagsIsDaMan said:

I'll second that. Cheers to all three, there's way too much whining/crying going on around here, especially with #3 :clap:

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
I love this Tournament especially this time of the year last 15 years I have had some great memories watching Canadian Jrs playing. :handclap:

creative giant*

lol, this happened on the Oilers board a while back, and ended with "appreciation thread appreciation threads" :joker:

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
creative giant said:
lol, this happened on the Oilers board a while back, and ended with "appreciation thread appreciation threads" :joker:

Now there's a great idea! :D

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Finally a good thread amongst the crap...

Thank you TSN. Honestly, without your years of getting behind this event, I really doubt it would be the phenomenon that it is today in Canada. Your support and investment has been great for the game of hockey, Canada, the fans, and probably most importantly these kids/prospects/players. Bob, Gord, Pierre, Duthie, you guys put on a great tournament, great analysis. Without the added insight/comments whether people love em or hate em, they still are a great part of the event.

Thank you Team Canada. I pour my heart and soul into this team every chance I get. Team Canada Hockey = Excellence in a very classy way. Your grit, determination and will to succeed is inspiration for not only future hockey kids but all sports athletes.

Thank you fans. I was a bit down on the Vancouver fans earlier in the tournament and on these boards. And aside from the booing, you have attended this tournament in record fashion. I cheered as loudly as anyone in the building, in particular at CANADA games. Not only are we filling the big games, but all the little games are still getting 10,000 people in the building. Canada loves hockey, and Vancouver showed they are a true hockey town.

Go Canada Go!

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
I am American and I...

Am rooting for the Canadians to win Gold
Love TSN
Like Evgeni Malkin
Like both Jack Johnson and Steve Downie

hockey is an intense sport...people get mad...get over it.

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
nurminen31 said:
I am American and I...

Love TSN
Like Evgeni Malkin

Wow there are to many ironies there...I'm confused. ;)

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
nurminen31 said:
I am American and I...

Love TSN
Like Evgeni Malkin

I'm right with you buddy. Spot on. They all rule. Hockey thrives with players like the Malkins, JJ's and Downies.

And without TSN, none of it would be seen by the masses...

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Great post!

This villifying of the fans has gone on way too long. The fans CHEERED the American anthem in all their victories, and last I checked, that's a classy thing to do. Unfortunately, a bunch of people are spreading this lie that booing happened when it didn't. A bunch of people heard cheering after the game versus the Czechs before TSN cut away and on the radio. I heard it in person.

Good job TSN, Team Canada, and Vancouver fans.

:clap:

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Yahhhhh. Go Canada Go. We really are the top hockey nation!!

Also, good to hear that TSN is getting a new 7 year contract to show tournaments, etc. Hopefully they'll show the Under 18's in april again.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
TSN did a great job for all Canadian hockey fans again this year. Good on 'em!

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Here's an excerpt that I posted in the other TSN thread:

Some of my favourite hockey memories are from watching the WJC on TSN. The John Slaney goal in 1991 to beat the USSR in the last epic Canada/U.S.S.R. game. The upset specials served up in 1993. The classic game vs. the Czechs in 1995. The gold medal game wins over the Swedes in 1996 and the U.S. in 1997. I love watching the classic games on ESPN Classic Canada, with Paul Romaniuk (geez I miss him on WJC broadcasts) calling the games.

One last favourite moment: we beat the Russians 8-5 in 1995 in Red Deer. Sweden and Finland were partway through their game. If Sweden didn't win that game, it would have assured gold for Canada. When Canada/Russia was done, they switched over to Sweden/Finland, which was played over an hour away. Romaniuk and his colour guy (Gary Green, I think) called the game via the video transmission. Finns came back to tie, Canada won gold and they then segwayed to the Team Canada celebration in the locker room. It showed TSN's true commitment to the event.

Eldrick

Apr 23, 2004
Great thread. I absolutely love this tournament, and the TSN crew who spend the holidays putting it on for my enjoyment. So many great Canadian memories from past tournaments and it's also given me the opportunity to see some great players a few years before they enter the NHL eg/ Malkin and J. Johnson this year.

One of my favourite things about the tournament doesn't apply this year. I like the fact the games are in primetime, but am I the only one who at least somewhat misses getting about ridiculously early in order to see a game??? Laying on the couch at 5AM half asleep with a cup of coffee and the TSN coverage of the tournament from somewhere in Europe are some of my most memorable holiday experiences.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Eldrick said:
One of my favourite things about the tournament doesn't apply this year. I like the fact the games are in primetime, but am I the only one who at least somewhat misses getting about ridiculously early in order to see a game??? Laying on the couch at 5AM half asleep with a cup of coffee and the TSN coverage of the tournament from somewhere in Europe are some of my most memorable holiday experiences.

:handclap: You are so right. There is nothing like wakin up early during the holidays to cheer Team Canada. I always enjoy skipping university classes/work to watch the Gold Medal game. This year is no different on that front, I've skipped in order to make the trip from Winnipeg!

One more thing...its rather unfortunate :confused: that the Deappreciation thread is getting more action than the Appreciation thread. Oh well...

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
nurminen31 said:
I am American and I...

Love TSN
Like Evgeni Malkin

Aside from me being Canadian, we are totally the same in those aspects.

Great thread, all people on HFboards do is ***** and complain about the following things:
-old NHL is back
-person "x" is biased and I don't like them
-TV broadcast "x" sucks and they are biased
-"x" fans are classless because they cheer against a team

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
mymkovski said:
:handclap: You are so right. There is nothing like wakin up early during the holidays to cheer Team Canada. I always enjoy skipping university classes/work to watch the Gold Medal game. This year is no different on that front, I've skipped in order to make the trip from Winnipeg!

One more thing...its rather unfortunate :confused: that the Deappreciation thread is getting more action than the Appreciation thread. Oh well...

Boo I can't skip work for the game tomorrow...4-8:30pm so I'll probably catch the 3rd and thats it :shakehead but I would if I could. Oh well the game repeats on Friday at 3am and 12:30pm :handclap:

and Yes :clap: to TSN for actually broadcasting the game, I absolutely ENJOY watching the World Juniors!!

lisario

Feb 10, 2005
Great post idea.

Thank you TSN, for providing year-round hockey coverage to those of us stuck in the States. :handclap:

Thank you Team Canada, for being determined little buggers that show up to compete, year in and year out. :handclap:

Thank you Canadian fans, for rooting for teams like Norway and Russia, who don't often get cheers on this side of the pond. :handclap:

Also, thank you to the HFboard posters who don't turn every game into a huge "Us vs. Them" war. :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad