GDT: The Washington Nationals are the 2019 World Series Champions!

World Series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Astros in 7, they've gotten the job done before.

This WS might have the least intrigue since Mets/Royals

Disagree. Astros won the whole thing just two years ago and the Nationals are here for the first time ever. This should be a good series.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
What's funny is in another message board, the fans were getting mad for the Astros taking pitches for a strike when it was a 0-0 or a 2-0 count. They must do this in this series right? Especially against Scherzer and Strasburg. Try to build up their pitch count and get to the bullpen. I hear the bullpen isn't great besides maybe 2 to 3 pitchers. How bad is it or is it on par with the Astros?

Anyhow, hopefully the Astros win the last game they play. Hopefully Cole and Verlander keep pitching strong. Hopefully Greinke is more comfortable pitching against a NL team because of familiarity. Hopefully the offense wakes up, not just Alvarez. Others need to improve dispite having some key hits.

I thought some of the funniest stuff was the whining from the Yankees about the Astros stealing signs, getting tipped pitches, whistling in code, using Navajo wind-talkers and Lord knows what else. This was after Game 1 mind you when we got our asses kicked lol. Need to work on our cheating I suppose.

The first two games we need our guys to keep it close with Max and SS and get it to the bullpens. I get the offense struggling but Tampa and NY did have exceptional pitching staffs. They were able to wear down the Yankees though. Never understood how people think that "we'll use the bullpen" strategy is effective in a long series. Alvarez probably won't play much, certainly not in Washington, but I hope he breaks out of it. Washington's bullpen was awful all year, was so-so vs. the Dodgers and had no issues with the Cardinals, but the Cardinals rolled over and died in that series pretty early.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Probably the best pitching matchup since game 7 of 2001 (Schilling/Clemens). Though Lee/Sabathia was good too.

You mean in a WS? Schilling v Clemens would be tough to beat for sure. If just in the playoffs then that elimination game between Halladay and Carpenter a few years back for pretty insane.

Sep 19, 2008

Embedded tweets are not functioning at the moment so

David Folkenflik
@davidfolkenflik

NEWS: Astros assistant GM Brandon Taubman was targeting a female reporter wearing a purple bracelet on domestic violence. She has tweeted frequently on DV; he complained about her tweets offering info on DV hotlines when Roberto Osuna appeared in Astros games in 2018. My story:

Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

This explains a lot. And Astros lame excuse about the profane rant of Taubman being about baseball officially goes out the window.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoCaps2004

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
You mean in a WS? Schilling v Clemens would be tough to beat for sure. If just in the playoffs then that elimination game between Halladay and Carpenter a few years back for pretty insane.
Yes, World Series. But still is better than that game 5 between Carpenter/Halladay imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad