Confirmed with Link: The Washington Capitals have signed forward Ethen Frank to a one-year, two-way contract ($750,000/$205,000) for the 2023-24 season.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Glad to have Ethen under contract, but he's also already 25. He the same age as Beck Malenstyn (their birthdays are literally 1 day apart), one year older than even Garett Pilon, three years older than McMichael, and four years older than Lapierre. Dylan Strome is only 11 months older than Frank. So while I'm definitely pleased to have him under contract, measure your NHL expectations of him accordingly. He's a late bloomer who's excelled at lower levels, but he doesn't have a ton of runway left.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Glad to have Ethen under contract, but he's also already 25. He the same age as Beck Malenstyn (their birthdays are literally 1 day apart), one year older than even Garett Pilon, three years older than McMichael, and four years older than Lapierre. Dylan Strome is only 11 months older than Frank. So while I'm definitely pleased to have him under contract, measure your NHL expectations of him accordingly. He's a late bloomer who's excelled at lower levels, but he doesn't have a ton of runway left.

Imho we could use a couple of players that have no runway left. It fits the current situation without having to wait on newly drafted players who take years to develop. Hoping we get a gem is also something to look forward too also.

Reactions: LesDiablesRouges

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Keeping expectations modest. At least at his age, if he's got hockey smarts and can adjust to the speed of the game at the NHL level, he will be a reasonably priced bottom sixer for 2-3 seasons. Anything better will make this a big win.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Imho we could use a couple of players that have no runway left. It fits the current situation without having to wait on newly drafted players who take years to develop. Hoping we get a gem is also something to look forward too also.
Feels like we’re due. Fingers crossed, though with tempered expectations.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Can we call him dirty Frank?

Welcome to the club.
1677782873597.jpeg

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Frankenstein I like it.

Must be a real kick in the coconuts for our young guys hoping to break into the lineup see young players being brought in and immediately bumping them down the depth chart. Thinking a rebuild will be their big chance! NOPE.

A real roller coaster for them i bet. Yay we moved out a LD oh f*** me we brought another in. Center, same.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
May I get more enjoyment watching him play than I got from reading Ethan Frome

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
Ethan has really blossomed in Hershey this year. He was borderline being with the Bears or in the ECHL this year. He has worked hard on improving his 200 ft game. As everyone saw in the AHL skills competition, he has great speed. But what's also impressive is how he can change gears and go by defenders. He has a good shot and isn't afraid to shoot the puck. On the Hershey power play, he will frequently end up in Ovi's office and has the ability to fire it home from there. It's great that his hard work has gotten him a 2 way deal with a relatively high AHL salary component. Hopefully, he keeps progressing and the positive attitude and drive continues.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I guess this is as good an indication as any they're probably letting NAK and Sheary walk if they can't trade them?

• Wow
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I guess this is as good an indication as any they're probably letting NAK and Sheary walk if they can't trade them?

I guess it depends on who the coach is next year. We had prospects we like on one-way deals get zero shot, benched, waived, and claimed with Laviolette. It's hard to get a read on how that part of it will shake out next year. NAK ended up looking pretty good here, Milano played his way into a contract, Sheary was a standout early, and MoJo was pretty great.

We've got a handful of youngsters at wing that might grow into (cheaper) NHL options, however...

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad