The wake up call we needed

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'm not getting what kind of "young core" people here are the talking about. We have Seider, Raymond, Larkin in his prime, Walman and then a lot of "what ifs" in grand rapids. Few good D and goalie prospects but nothing spectacular and a giant black hole at the offense.

Mazur, Danielsson or Kasper could become players similar to Filppula if things will go extremely well. And we need Zetterbergs to be relevant.

Classic case of overvaluing prospects by the fanbase.
Future core not current

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I guess this is the character building so many wanted before the trade deadline for our young core.

Hockey changes with the seasons. The intensity increases, good players and teams take a step forward. This team is built on re-treads doesn't have that ability. The older players are a step too slow and the precision of their skills have dulled. The collapses of the last few years have become all too familiar.

Yzerman needs to live and die by his draft picks next year. That is the only way this team can develop.

Last edited:
Reactions: DamonDRW

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There must be something bigger behind the scenes.

The game just don't blow fully away in a short moment. Especially when they didn't mix up any way the roster.

For sure, it's just not Larkin missing. It's something more.

This Sabres game was atrocious. Reminded me of the 2019-20 tankers.

Last edited:

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
We are not a good enough team to beat good teams without Larkin in the lineup.

That’s all these last few games tells me.
Honestly, how many teams do great against good teams without their best player?

There must be something bigger behind the scenes.

The game just don't blow fully away in a short moment.

For sure, it's just not Larkin missing. It's something more.

No, I’m pretty sure it revolves pretty heavily on Larkin being out.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It could be Larkin being out - FOR THE SEASON.

Something bigger than we know, but the lockerroom will know.

And that's why everybody is totally unmotivated suddenly.

maybe Yzerman got them a new puppy for the locker room to reward the team for their performance but it's too much of a distraction

Reactions: jaster

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Honestly, how many teams do great against good teams without their best player?

No, I’m pretty sure it revolves pretty heavily on Larkin being out.
Larkin is a sub PPG player. His physical presence in the game doesn’t generate enough points to make these games anything but slightly less embarrassing. And as far as I know he isn’t locked in a cell in Siberia so he is still able to be there for his team.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
It's almost like it takes longer than 5 years to rebuild from being one of the worst teams in NHL history.

We are actually right around where they should be, maybe even further along honestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: SirloinUB

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Larkin is a sub PPG player. His physical presence in the game doesn’t generate enough points to make these games anything but slightly less embarrassing. And as far as I know he isn’t locked in a cell in Siberia so he is still able to be there for his team.
It must be exhausting to apply the worst possible lens to everything you look at.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Mods, feel free to move this if I’m not in the right thread. Wasn’t sure if this fit into our GDT from last night. Saw this on the main boards. Apparently from practice.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Larkin makes every line better when he is in the lineup.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It could be Larkin being out - FOR THE SEASON.

Something bigger than we know, but the lockerroom will know.

And that's why everybody is totally unmotivated suddenly.
Where do you come up with this shit Hennka?

• Haha
Reactions: 13to40

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Imagine there's no Larkin
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to skate or score for
And no goaltending, too
He's said maybe the team collapse is due to something behind the scenes, and that something is actually Larkin being out the entire season and they're just not telling us yet.

It's stealth tank type theory.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Mods, feel free to move this if I’m not in the right thread. Wasn’t sure if this fit into our GDT from last night. Saw this on the main boards. Apparently from practice.

I'd love more insight on the icident. Could possibly be just frustration boiling over, but I'd love to hear what happened.

Good for Lucas though, he's honestly the only player who's looked like he gives a shit. I guess I'd include Seider too, and JT Compher has have glimpses of give a shit, but other than them, nothing...These vets that are blocking the kids have been a complete and utter embarrassment. From Petry, to Chiarot, to Kane and Fabbri, DeBrincat and Sprong, Copp and Ghost, just nothing from these vets that are blocking the kids in GR.

Maybe this little in tussle in practice motivates them to play better, I guess we'll find out tomorrow. If they don't show up from puck drop tomorrow, I hope every fan in attendance let's them hear it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00