Denver Post: The Varlamov Investigation: Part II *Read the MOD WARNING in post #1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I must say that your demeanor towards the whole thing has drastically changed from 24 hours ago. Refreshing to see.

I was a bad person last night haha, but everyone has kind of come to the same basis that I and a few others were already at. It's good to see. But I could also see how others felt the opposite of myself.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
So you can basically accuse someone of doing something they may OR may not have done without any actual evidence except for your word and gender and as a result, they can get arrested/locked up/have to post bail and hire a lawyer?

That's messed up, fortunately Varlamov's rich but that's really messed up.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
So you can basically accuse someone of doing something they may OR may not have done without any actual evidence except for your word and gender and as a result, they can get arrested/locked up/have to post bail and hire a lawyer?

It's the most abused area of the law in the United States. I don't think you'll find any lawyer who disagrees with that sentiment.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

The Gender favoring and Mod Pot Stirring on the main board was rather interesting. Many are still taking a slight favoring stance towards Varly's lady. I mean we still don't know for sure but I really have a hard time seeing how you can look at everything presented and go. Yup Varly did it, lock him up!

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver

It kind of has to be that way with domestic violence cases. Too many times a woman will be abused and call the cops and the abuser will convince her (either by apologizing and saying it was the last time or threatening her) to not press charges and not have him arrested.
By requiring the man or woman being accused to be arrested, it provides a safer opportunity for the victim to talk to police and such.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Natalia_Phila @Natalia_Phila
According to @rianru Russian Consulate in SF offered assistance to Varlamov and his lawyer(via phone). No help needed at this point per Varly.

If this thing goes sour, Varly will be long gone before he serves any prison time in the US. Probably hide him on some ship and get him out of there. :laugh:

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Just saw she claims Varly tried to drown her in a puddle? Is she serious? A puddle? Are we talking about a puddle?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Come on, don't underestimate the power of a puddle.

deep-puddle.gif

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
Natalia_Phila @Natalia_Phila
According to @rianru Russian Consulate in SF offered assistance to Varlamov and his lawyer(via phone). No help needed at this point per Varly.

If this thing goes sour, Varly will be long gone before he serves any prison time in the US. Probably hide him on some ship and get him out of there. :laugh:

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear the Russians could give a **** about diplomatic relations. They won't even give our own "criminals" back let alone force their star athletes to get **** on.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Guys - beating up women isn't something to joke about.

This is the only warning that I'll give (and to anyone who later complaints that "I didn't warn them", THIS IS THE SORT OF THING THAT SHOULDN'T NEED A WARNING).

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Guys - beating up women isn't something to joke about.

This is the only warning that I'll give (and to anyone who later complaints that "I didn't warn them", THIS IS THE SORT OF THING THAT SHOULDN'T NEED A WARNING).

understood. But I would say no one is really making fun of women being beat.

People are making fun of how many different accusations she's presented in the last 24 hours.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
This is ridiculous.
She said that this time, too, did not want to go to the police, but when she came home, she saw her stuff put out the door.
She felt her kicked out of the house like a dog, and then she had already decided to go to the police.

Do not you think it's strange? While she lived in his house was OK, but he threw her out, so immediately to the police ...

Relaxedriley

Slightly Sober
Mar 1, 2012
Oregon
Varlamov and his buddy drank 48 beers between them, then went out partying all night. They were doing shots, drinking beer etc. Then he came back home to kick, stomp, and drag her around. He was laughing maniacally while it was going on. Despite his intoxication, he had the restraint to hold back from truly injuring her. He then told her that "If this was Russia I would have beat you more."

In the past Varly has beaten her unconscious, tried to drown her, and dropped a bike on her. This final beating was the 5th time. After the 4th beating (which knocked her unconscious) she agreed to drop a modeling career and life in Hong Kong to come live with him. This was because she wanted to raise a family with him.

After this last assault she decided to go handle some "personal things." When she got back home and discovered Varly had kicked her out, she realized that he needed to be punished for his actions.

Her phone only had enough charge in it for one call, so she called her cosmetologist who happens to be married to a lawyer. That lawyer suggested that she wait 1.5-2 days to call the police and go to the hospital. Before any charges were filed the lawyer had already scheduled an appearance on the Lewis and Floorwax show.

Despite the police only recognizing 2 areas of bruising, the victim claims to have injuries to her chest, head, back, both arms, stomach, and hip. She is unwilling to show any bruising either live or in photographs.

The victim claims that this is not about money or fame, and just wants to see him go to jail. Because of this, she has been on every bit of media possible and will be filing a civil suit for intentional mental harm.

Also, Varly can spend 2 million dollars in one day.

Do I have this right?

DanglesFromDuchene

Sep 8, 2013
Varlamov and his buddy drank 48 beers between them, then went out partying all night. They were doing shots, drinking beer etc. Then he came back home to kick, stomp, and drag her around. He was laughing maniacally while it was going on. Despite his intoxication, he had the restraint to hold back from truly injuring her. He then told her that "If this was Russia I would have beat you more."

In the past Varly has beaten her unconscious, tried to drown her, and dropped a bike on her. This final beating was the 5th time. After the 4th beating (which knocked her unconscious) she agreed to drop a modeling career and life in Hong Kong to come live with him. This was because she wanted to raise a family with him.

After this last assault she decided to go handle some "personal things." When she got back home and discovered Varly had kicked her out, she realized that he needed to be punished for his actions.

Her phone only had enough charge in it for one call, so she called her cosmetologist who happens to be married to a lawyer. That lawyer suggested that she wait 1.5-2 days to call the police and go to the hospital. Before any charges were filed the lawyer had already scheduled an appearance on the Lewis and Floorwax show.

Despite the police only recognizing 2 areas of bruising, the victim claims to have injuries to her chest, head, back, both arms, stomach, and hip. She is unwilling to show any bruising either live or in photographs.

The victim claims that this is not about money or fame, and just wants to see him go to jail. Because of this, she has been on every bit of media possible and will be filing a civil suit for intentional mental harm.

Do I have this right?

Everything except the word allegedly and the small detail that the woman is engaged to the lawyer, not married :D

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver

Do I have this right?

It sounds so much worse when you put it all in one post.

I especially have been skipping over the whole "wasn't going to go to the police until I realized he kicked me out" part. Her admitting that seems like evidence alone that she's trying to get back at him for kicking her out

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It sounds so much worse when you put it all in one post.

I especially have been skipping over the whole "wasn't going to go to the police until I realized he kicked me out" part. Her admitting that seems like evidence alone that she's trying to get back at him for kicking her out

Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad