The Vancouver Canucks are officially not frauds.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Or pretenders.

The Canucks skeptics last crutch was that they would lose in the first round. Well.... they didn't. So no matter what happens from here, they were simply wrong. And those that got arrogant about it, using language like frauds and pretenders should apologize.

Edit: I almost forgot, PDO!!

canicks.jpg

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
the only test the Canucks will face is the oiler referees.

I don't think it's a slight against Silovs to suggest that a rookie goalie against Connor McDavid and his band of merry men is a "test". "Test" is putting it mildly.

If this isn't a high scoring affair I will be incredibly surprised. And immensely disappointed.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Before people say 'it was just a wildcard team' Nashville played extremely well this series, and have been one of the best teams in the league since the all-star break.

Yeah they don't have the greatest depth but a dangerous top line + star goalie, and the way they fronted shots & took away the middle, it definitely wasn't some average wildcard team, they play well as a group. They were nearly perfect protecting their crease tonight, until the last goal.

The Oilers will be a massive challenge but I love the fact we've been underdogs all year, bring it on.

Last edited:

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
I don't think it's a slight against Silovs to suggest that a rookie goalie against Connor McDavid and his band of merry men is a "test". "Test" is putting it mildly.

If this isn't a high scoring affair I will be incredibly surprised. And immensely disappointed.

as long as the refs call this series fairly, I don't see anything the oilers throw at the Canucks that they haven't seen before.

If they want to open it up, we have the fire power to make them pay (unlike the kings).

if it's a grinding series I think we've shown we can shut down teams.

I think people forget, the narrative before the playoffs was the Preds were one of the hottest teams heading in round 1 and was 'dangerous' opponent for us. We shut down their PP effectively.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
They’ll lose to Edmonton.

But hey, it’s always a great look to brag about winning one playoff series. Just ask Toronto, that certainly will quiet all the doubters!

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I wasn’t aware people thought they were frauds. They had and are having an excellent season.

I think there is a big difference between being considered a fraud and being considered one of the top Cup contenders.

It’s perfectly ok to say the Canucks currently exist somewhere in the space between and it’s going to take more than one series one to dramatically alter the percerption.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad