The Utah team should be called ...

The Utah team should be called ...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Utah Elks.

3 syllables in all. Big, majestic animal. Im also a fan of state animals for team names

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I can't see Utah Blizzard, it just lacks the groove.

Utah Outlaws, sure, what do Outlaws have to do with hockey?

Utah (or Salt Lake) Storm? Certainly rolls off the tongue better. I could also see this mesh pretty well with Utah Jazz.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
The Mammoths or Yetis ain’t bad names, but not great either, but both of them could have cool logo design based on the name.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
They are all awful, hopefully something better. Outlaws is the best of the (bad) bunch.

With that said, the marketing dept/ops are brain dead if they delay naming the team until next year.

This team will never have more attention/eyes on them as they will in the lead up to their first ever game. To not already have your teams full brand/identity/jersey/nickname/colours in place during that period of attention would be so stupid.

Not to mention all of the jerseys/merch they stand to sell leading up to and at their first home game. Why would anyone buy a "Utah HC" basically practice jersey when they know the team will eventually have a proper logo/nickname eventually.

How long can it possibly take to think of a name? It's not that deep.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
The Utah Pioneers is the best name and best branding imo, with rich history in the LDS roots of the state.

Just go with the western themed pioneer branding. Have a big water wheel built in the arena that spins. You can do some of the cowboy aesthetic as well. It's an easy branding W, considering you'd attract the religious crowd as well.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Mammoths or Yetis ain’t bad names, but not great either, but both of them could have cool logo design based on the name.
Mammoths would be so bad ass. You already have the Predators having adopted the Smilodon because it got dug up -I think during the building of their arena.

I am here for this

Reactions: Summer Rose

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Of the options, Yetis (though I’d prefer Yeti without an s).

Mammoth(s) doesn’t roll off the tongue too well for me, and I can’t really out my finger on it but Utah Outlaws just seems like a randomly generated team name you’d see in an unlicensed hockey movie or videogame.

But, as I’ve said elsewhere, Utah Bighorns would be my pick if given the option. Thank you for attending my Ted X talk.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The Utah Quaking Aspens

The Utah Beekeepers

The Utah Sego Lillies

:cool:
I like where you're going with this state-ly theme, especially the middle one. Though I'd sweeten it up a bit with "The Utah Honey Bees" and name the team mascot "Apis mellifera" ("Mel" for short). Very trendy with the conservation crowd. :bee:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
To me Yeti and Blizzard are going to veer too much into Avalanche symbolism…who already utilize snowy peaks and big foot logos.

And again, Yeti is the Asian term for it. If you want to get picky about it - native Americans and Americans in general don’t call these creatures (mythical or otherwise), Yeti.

The most American thing called a Yeti is a metal tumbler. So if they want to roll with that as their logo…lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad