Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Utah Tatas

IMG_6840.png

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
1) Utah Jazz. If the NFL and MLB can both have a St. Louis Cardinals or New York Giants at the same time, the NBA and NHL can both have a Utah Jazz.

2) Utah Raptors. There are very few cool things named after Utah. A dinosaur? That’s one of those few.

3) Outlaws is fine.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
1) Utah Jazz. If the NFL and MLB can both have a St. Louis Cardinals or New York Giants at the same time, the NBA and NHL can both have a Utah Jazz.

2) Utah Raptors. There are very few cool things named after Utah. A dinosaur? That’s one of those few.

3) Outlaws is fine.

Raptors is the best non-meme name I've heard for the team.

Reactions: Serial_Derecho

mynameisvincent

May 15, 2022
Utah Kangaroo…there’s probably just as many kangaroos in SLC as there are Penguins in Pittsburgh

I am not serious with that name but personally when I think of Utah’s landscape, I think of Australia’s outback.

Last edited:

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013

3) Outlaws is fine.
Utah Raptors is a phenomenal suggestion, and grounded in a direct reality of what Utah can be associated with.

They should immediately go with that.

mynameisvincent

May 15, 2022
I like the raptor and the sonic suggestion, but both names are associated to a nba team (the sonic name is still owned by seattle I think)

Reactions: HabsQC

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I like the raptor and the sonic suggestion, but both names are associated to a nba team (the sonic name is still owned by seattle I think)
True, but sharing a name with a team in another sport hasn't been a problem for the Panthers, Rangers, Kings, or Jets, and wasn't a problem with the Oilers back when they overlapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad