The True Football (Not American)/Futbol/Soccer Thread: Part VI

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Any thoughts? BMG lost a lot when Raffael came off the pitch, but I thought BMG really deserved their lead up to that point. Especially with the Kramer-Dahoud duo starting to gel.

Barca played like ****...50/50 on Lucho's team selection and players just being off. Never seen INiesta/Suaruez and Neymar give up the ball that easy. Some of the passes just straight terrible. Paco out wide was insanity and anyone who watched him for 5 minutes could tell you he's an out an out 9. Lucho however just thinks he can line up every game the same and win, he relies way too heavily on the players to save his ass week in and out.

TBF though, his in game adjustments were superb. Taking out Ivan for Rakitic won the game for barca....along with the Raffel going out. Taking out any possibility of a counter from Borussia.

I though Dahoud was immense and i could see why Klopp wants him bad. He was amazing.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Good news: Rapids made the playoffs

Bad news: Rapids made the playoffs while playing like Pulis' Stoke team so they're ****ing boring and will continue to be with Pablo in charge

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Batter a team for 90 minutes and it ends 1-1.

Sucks man. Their goalie had the match of his life. 3 game savers and another few good ones.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Just saw the Martial goal...it was pretty lucky too. Rooney got dispossessed and it fell to Martial who finished very well though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know how Arsenal's goal counted, shouldn't it have been offside since Ox shot it and went off Koscielny? Pretty boring game contributing to absolutely nothing entertaining, I fast-forward majority of it except the last five minutes where literally scored at the last second.

Man what the hell has happened to West Ham?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I don't know how Arsenal's goal counted, shouldn't it have been offside since Ox shot it and went off Koscielny? Pretty boring game contributing to absolutely nothing entertaining, I fast-forward majority of it except the last five minutes where literally scored at the last second.

It was offside and it was handball.
Arsenal has gotten some good calls this season, but it happens sometimes. They usually even out at the end.

And West Ham has been an abomination, which has been nice to see.
Their big move to a new stadium has been very troublesome and their fans are still pieces of poo (have already had 3 fights this season) which we already saw last season when they vandalized opposition team buses.

Payet has been out every now and then and their defence is Swiss cheese most of the time. Reid and Ogbonna have been woeful and they are actually missing Tomkins which says a lot.
Zaza has not been able to get into the games and Ayew got injured early on.
The knob Mark Noble has also been far from his best and Kouyate seems to have forgotten how to get the ball past the first man he encounters.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
PSV's scoring woes are getting absurd now.

Couple weeks ago they scored 4 goals in 20 minutes.

Since then:
- Missed a penalty and a bunch of good chances vs Atletico
- Pretty much dominated vs Feyenoord but couldn't score and lost.
- easy win vs Excelsior.
- Good match vs Rostov, missed a penalty and several chances to end up with a tie.

Now again, dominated Heerenveen, and only got a tie due to an own goal :laugh:

What the **** is going on?!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So picked up FIFA 17 and I found out that they have a campaign in this game. I seriously had zero clue what I was watching or playing on the first couple of segments. I just can't believe that a sports game has a campaign mode with cut scenes and all. So I chose West Ham as my club for Alex Hunter, it came down to the manager I wanted to play for and the minutes I got.

I am ABSOLUTELY hating the new penatly shooting mechanics though.

It was offside and it was handball.
Arsenal has gotten some good calls this season, but it happens sometimes. They usually even out at the end.

And West Ham has been an abomination, which has been nice to see.
Their big move to a new stadium has been very troublesome and their fans are still pieces of poo (have already had 3 fights this season) which we already saw last season when they vandalized opposition team buses.

Payet has been out every now and then and their defence is Swiss cheese most of the time. Reid and Ogbonna have been woeful and they are actually missing Tomkins which says a lot.
Zaza has not been able to get into the games and Ayew got injured early on.
The knob Mark Noble has also been far from his best and Kouyate seems to have forgotten how to get the ball past the first man he encounters.
Are you joking Nzap? I have no idea how you can label that as handball, when it is hitting his own player. Thinking it was a handball deserves a laugh smiley from me. :laugh:

Those are again harsh comments from a fan of a team employing one of the Devil's demons in Mourinho. Why are you anti-West Ham? Or are they sort of Man United's secondary rivalry like Stoke is to Arsenal?

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Are you joking Nzap? I have no idea how you can label that as handball, when it is hitting his own player. Thinking it was a handball deserves a laugh smiley from me. :laugh:

Those are again harsh comments from a fan of a team employing one of the Devil's demons in Mourinho. Why are you anti-West Ham? Or are they sort of Man United's secondary rivalry like Stoke is to Arsenal?

How cannot that not be handball? His teammate hit it into his teammates hands, it's the most blatant handball :laugh:
Handball doesn't look who is hitting the ball into the hand. It was handball and should've been a freekick. And it was offside and should've been a freekick. In the end the goal should not have stood.

I mean sometimes you get the benefit of the doubt when someone from the other team hits you in the arm. If when your own team hits you in the arm is legal, then why don't all teams in the attacking zone flail their arms about as if your own team hits you in the hand it is fine. Can even cause a nice deflection and go in, and apparently that would be fine by your rulebook :laugh:

No, our secondary rival is Man City.
I just don't like West Ham. Pretentious little club with a knob like Noble as captain. Didn't mind them when they were in the Championship a few years ago though.
I don't mind most clubs at all. I'd say that's the only club outside of our rivals that I don't like. Oh and also Newcastle but they were so laughably bad last season I started to feel some sympathy towards them. And they're in the Championship now anyway.

Last edited:

JWK

Mar 27, 2010

I believe it was Koscielny that kicked it onto his own face/hand.

I got fifa too, the only bad thing about that journey feature is that it's only for 1 year.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
So Bob Bradley spent his 1st press conference just taking shots at Klinsmann.

Ok

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hey, JWK/JB the u20 world cup will be held in S. Korea, in about 8 months...will Lee be on the team? I'm craving to finally see this kid in action. So, far he's been getting minimal minutes at Barca B. Still holding out hope he can get called up for the first couple matches in CDR. Not likely though.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
U20 WC is held in SK? You learn something new every day, and probably.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Watching Man United is like watching the Rapids, except the Rapids actually beat teams :naughty:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I didn't watch the Liverpool-United game as I was too tired.
Still too tired so I just watched the highlights, and man am I happy with that decision.

Even the highlights were abysmal. Can't even think what happened between them. :laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dammit!

Wasn't watching where i was going, and I stepped in soccer...

Welcome to the dark side.:D

Poch getting love on TSN...guy is an elite manager. Should be his last year in Tottenham. Time to go to a team with winning ambitions.

Out with the old and boring that is Mourinho and in with the new and exciting managers like Pochettino.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Welcome to the dark side.:D

Poch getting love on TSN...guy is an elite manager. Should be his last year in Tottenham. Time to go to a team with winning ambitions.

Out with the old and boring that is Mourinho and in with the new and exciting managers like Pochettino.

I was really hoping United would snag Poch from Spurs instead of getting Jose. I'm almost more impressed with what Poch did at Southampton than I am with what he's done at Tottenham, really is a great manager.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was really hoping United would snag Poch from Spurs instead of getting Jose. I'm almost more impressed with what Poch did at Southampton than I am with what he's done at Tottenham, really is a great manager.

If his next team isn't one of Argentina/Barca I'll be severely disappointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad