The Traitors

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Didn't see a thread for this. I watched the two US seasons and loved it. Just wrapped up season one of UK and..SPOILERS:

>

Loved UK but the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. I thought that Kieran violated the rules and ratted out Wilf as a traitor at that final round table. The rules clearly state the traitors aren't allowed to rat out the other traitors. In the past we've seen traitors cast suspicion at other traitors, but it's always been in general terms and no different than when they cast suspicion at anyone else in the game.

But, Kieran crossed the line. At that round table he told them all that he knew he was getting banished and then started leaving blatant clues that there was another traitor still. Then he told them all that with his vote he would be leaving them a parting gift and proceeded to vote for Wilf, the other traitor. Then when he got into the circle, he kept looking at Hannah trying tog et her attention and then shifting his gaze to Wilf as if he was trying to lead her to Wilf.

The others had no clue that Wilf was a traitor before that display and instantly knew he was one after it.

It was dirty and made me re-think my love for the show. Too bad because the season was great and Wilf did an amazing job till he was cheated out of the win.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I watch it too. I find the US one annoying AF. The bravo people are the worst

I enjoyed the US one because I like seeing the old reality show people. Cirie, Pavarti, Sandra, Dan from BB, CT and Trishelle. What's not to love about that?

What do you hate about the Bravo people? I think they are fine, Loved Kate on season 1, but she did a terrible job in season 2.

Just finished season 1 of UK and it was really good. I suggest giving it a spin. I just started season 1 Australia over the weekend.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
damn am I the only person who watches this show? Too bad, it's a great show.
My wife watched the first 2 US seasons and enjoyed them. She's a massive Cerie fan, so that helped. I watched a little bit of it with her just in passing and it seemed okay.

I get enough reality TV between Survivor and 90 Day Fiance, can't really stomach much more after that lol. I did really enjoy "House of Villains" though when it aired, looking forward to season 2.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
My wife watched the first 2 US seasons and enjoyed them. She's a massive Cerie fan, so that helped. I watched a little bit of it with her just in passing and it seemed okay.

I get enough reality TV between Survivor and 90 Day Fiance, can't really stomach much more after that lol. I did really enjoy "House of Villains" though when it aired, looking forward to season 2.
Johnny Bananas was on S2 of Traitors.

You should give it a try, but I hear you with the too many reality shows. Me and the wife's current dance card is Survivor, Traitors, Love Island All stars and Race to Survive Alaska.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Johnny Bananas was on S2 of Traitors.

You should give it a try, but I hear you with the too many reality shows. Me and the wife's current dance card is Survivor, Traitors, Love Island All stars and Race to Survive Alaska.
I may end up doing that when we've cleared out some more Survivor seasons. We've been banging them out pretty rapidly. lol

I heard the Bravo chicks were ruining the experience for a lot of people.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I watched Season 2, it was really fun, at least the first 3/4 or so. After we finished we started season 1, but couldn't get into it from the beginning with a whole different cast.

I'm not a reality TV guy so the only people on the whole show that I recognized were Trishelle (because I watched the Real World when I was 13) and Michael Jordan's son. I did come to like a lot of them though

Spoilers from here on out

I was rooting for the traitors, and really liked Dan and Parvati, but they really botched the game. Dan particularly f***ed it all up for them when he fell for Peter's trap and tried to kill Bergie. That pretty much outed him and Parvati and then he throws Phaedra under the bus at the round table on the way out. Cost them all the game I think.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I may end up doing that when we've cleared out some more Survivor seasons. We've been banging them out pretty rapidly. lol

I heard the Bravo chicks were ruining the experience for a lot of people.
If you ever want another reality competition show with a long history like survivor, check out the challenge. Kinda watered down nowadays like Survivor, but the early-mid late seasons are gold. Good starting point is season 12/13 then just go forward chronologically because they have re-occurring people so youll miss out a lot of history and context if you jump around.

CT comes from that show, same with Bananas. Was happy for people to get to experience CT for the first time watching this show. Dudes a gem and has such a long reality tv history.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I watched Season 2, it was really fun, at least the first 3/4 or so. After we finished we started season 1, but couldn't get into it from the beginning with a whole different cast.

I'm not a reality TV guy so the only people on the whole show that I recognized were Trishelle (because I watched the Real World when I was 13) and Michael Jordan's son. I did come to like a lot of them though

Spoilers from here on out
agree 100% with your spoiler comment.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I enjoyed the US one because I like seeing the old reality show people. Cirie, Pavarti, Sandra, Dan from BB, CT and Trishelle. What's not to love about that?

What do you hate about the Bravo people? I think they are fine, Loved Kate on season 1, but she did a terrible job in season 2.

Just finished season 1 of UK and it was really good. I suggest giving it a spin. I just started season 1 Australia over the weekend.
Because the Bravo ladies are a bunch of the dumbest people ever. Phaedra was a terrible traitor. So was Kate. I enjoy the reality stars that played a game. The housewives nope

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Because the Bravo ladies are a bunch of the dumbest people ever. Phaedra was a terrible traitor. So was Kate. I enjoy the reality stars that played a game. The housewives nope
Phaedra was hilarious but she played with zero strategy. She just let Dan and Parvati make all the decisions until they were gone, then she didn't know how to play it afterwards and just chose Kate as a recruit rather than someone with more strategic value like Sandra or CT.

The dumbest thing was when Phaedra got eliminated and Kate basically outed herself as the other traitor by making comments about her selfishness.

Watching the reunion episode, you can see the differences between the gamers and the reality people because the gamers were all basically like "yeah, it's just a game, it's all in good fun" and bravo people like Phaedra and MJ were playing up the drama and how they hated Dan and Trishelle's guts respectively in real life because of what went down in the game.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago

I agree that Phaedra and Kate were terrible traitors. But I didn't find the Bravo ladies annoying, they just lacked experience at competition reality. Kate was great in season 1 as a faithful. I should qualify that...she wasn't great as a faithful, but she was extremely entertaining.

The housewives were definitely not good players, but every last one of them played better than Dan and he's a competition reality first ballot hall of famer.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Phaedra was hilarious but she played with zero strategy. She just let Dan and Parvati make all the decisions until they were gone, then she didn't know how to play it afterwards and just chose Kate as a recruit rather than someone with more strategic value like Sandra or CT.

The dumbest thing was when Phaedra got eliminated and Kate basically outed herself as the other traitor by making comments about her selfishness.

Watching the reunion episode, you can see the differences between the gamers and the reality people because the gamers were all basically like "yeah, it's just a game, it's all in good fun" and bravo people like Phaedra and MJ were playing up the drama and how they hated Dan and Trishelle's guts respectively in real life because of what went down in the game.

yea that comment/move by Kate at the round table was easily the dumbest move in Traitor history.

Agree on the difference between veteran games and normal reality people in how they deal with betrayal while playing a game. However, let's not pretend that some of these same reality game show vets weren't also salty and bitter the very first time they were betrayed on a game show. Sure, they are all good sports now, but I'm not sure that was the case when they got their proverbial cherry popped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad