OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 201: Let's fill it under 6.5 months this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I think it's funny how pork roll is a big deal in some parts of NJ, and not at all in other parts. For instance, I grew up in Hunterdon County, and apart from it occasionally being served at lunch in elementary school, I had no idea it was popular in parts of NJ until I was in college or maybe even later. It's definitely not even a thing in HC.

Where in Hunterdon County?

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Clinton, Annandale, Lebanon'ish area.

I've lived in Clinton my whole life, I eat a **** ton of pork roll. They never served it in school or anyrhing but thats probably a good thing lol.

Only thing that sucks is now that the Annandale Deli is closed there isn't a good breakfast sandwich place around. I just have to make them myself

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
I've lived in Clinton my whole life, I eat a **** ton of pork roll. They never served it in school or anyrhing but thats probably a good thing lol.

Only thing that sucks is now that the Annandale Deli is closed there isn't a good breakfast sandwich place around. I just have to make them myself

Ever been to the clinton station diner? My friends and I went there after Skiing one day! Great Hungry man special there!

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Ever been to the clinton station diner? My friends and I went there after Skiing one day! Great Hungry man special there!

Yes was just there Saturday night. I only order breakfast or a gyro from there. The hungry man is a great deal and the eiffel tower is amazing.

I don't go there often just because it's a high school reunion every time I go in there lol

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
this is not meant to be political whatsoever, I'm just shocked at the wasting of taxpayer money. trump has spent TWENTY TWO MILLION DOLLARS on travel already! obama's entire presidency saw a total travel tab of 97 million. trump is going to eclipse that within a year probably. unbelievable. honest question, does anybody audit this ****? its bad enough that the pentagon is not audited, this country is going to ****

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I feel this way about Eastern PA. Stroudsburg used to be beautiful until NY showed up, and now it's a dump.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. It won't happen as quickly as a place like Stroudsburg, but it's slowly happening here. Hopefully it just gets prolonged by 20 years or so lol.

Funny thing is there's a very solid chance that BG and I know each other since it's such a small town and mostly everyone knows everyone

this is not meant to be political whatsoever

It's never "meant" to be but it always is

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It's never "meant" to be but it always is

wasting taxpayer funds is unfortunately a bipartisan issue. it just seems like the current regime is intentionally flouting the gaps in current policies/procedures. if they're doing it on purpose to wake people up to how much unaccounted for money they're blowing through, and what it's being spent on, its kind of genius. however, i don't think that's the case.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I live steps from Saucon Creek. I was out the past few days, and man is the creek crowded. This is the first time I've lived this close to this creek, and the access is just too easy. Looks like people come in from out of state to fish it too. It will be nice in about 2 or 3 weeks when the opening day crowds die down.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Hilltop is good, but I don't like the woman who works there. She's always in a bad mood lol

That's probably the best breakfast sandwich around now that the Annandale deli is gone.

The gorge is awesome though. I'm not big into fishing, but I run on the trail all the time

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Clinton, Annandale, Lebanon'ish area.

That's where I grew up. Whenever anyone says Jersey or NJ, they think of overpopulated and trashy, but I grew up with tons of open land and lived in a neighborhood that was built on an old family farm. Loved it there.

I never understood as a kid that we loved in Clinton but the mailing address said Lebanon? I think I'm remembering that right.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That's where I grew up. Whenever anyone says Jersey or NJ, they think of overpopulated and trashy, but I grew up with tons of open land and lived in a neighborhood that was built on an old family farm. Loved it there.

I never understood as a kid that we loved in Clinton but the mailing address said Lebanon? I think I'm remembering that right.

It's easy, your mail is handled by the Lebanon post office.

It's common in Jersey or NJ for people to live in Town A but have Town B's mailing address.

Quirky but quite common.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hilltop is good, but I don't like the woman who works there. She's always in a bad mood lol

That's probably the best breakfast sandwich around now that the Annandale deli is gone.

The gorge is awesome though. I'm not big into fishing, but I run on the trail all the time

If you run the trail frequently we've passed me on more than one occasion :) You might have went over me on the trestle ...That's one of my favorite pools :)

I love the Gorge. It is one of my top 2 favorite places to fish in NJ.

I've never noticed anyone in a bad mood mood at Hilltop? When I go there is usually a couple of girls at the the counter and they always seem pleasant?

Last edited:

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
If you run the trail frequently we've passed me on more than one occasion :) You might have went over me on the trestle ...That's one of my favorite pools :)

I love the Gorge. It is one of my top 2 favorite places to fish in NJ.

I've never noticed anyone in a bad mood mood at Hilltop? When I go there is usually a couple of girls at the the counter and they always seem pleasant?

Lol probably. I don't run the Columbia trail though. I run on the trail along the river, idk how far upstream you go.

As for Hilltop I think it's the older woman that's rude sometimes lol I still like their breakfast sandwiches though.

Speaking of High Bridge, apparently they were filming a Selena Gomez music video so they closed the road going through the tunnel under the rail road tracks. She wasn't there though, just some stunts or something

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lol probably. I don't run the Columbia trail though. I run on the trail along the river, idk how far upstream you go.

As for Hilltop I think it's the older woman that's rude sometimes lol I still like their breakfast sandwiches though.

Speaking of High Bridge, apparently they were filming a Selena Gomez music video so they closed the road going through the tunnel under the rail road tracks. She wasn't there though, just some stunts or something

I usually fish the entire 2 mile stretch between the gates... time permitting.

I like that main street area of High Bridge. The liquor store there is awesome. One of the only stores I've ever seen have Pappy Van Winkle.

The Mexican restaurant in High Bridge is pretty decent.

I also like Circa. Mostly for their beer selection. They used to do a really cool Oktoberfest in the back of the building. Not sure if they do that anymore. One year they had Ramstein brewery ceremonially tap an oak barrel with a giant mallet and served it until the barrel was empty. I like to stop in there for a beer and appetizer at the bar after fishing.

It's a great area, not just High Bridge but all around there. I contemplated moving in the area a while ago but I just didn't want to deal with with Rt 78/287 every day to get to and from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad