OT: The Thread About Nothing CCX: Pet Emporium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Indoor cats are at least somewhat limited because they have to stay in the house to do their killing. My huskies are straight murderers in my back yard. Between the two of them the kill count is over 10, and that includes squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, and even birds.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Going to my first movie in theaters tonight since Jurassic World came out in 2015. Now I know why I don't go anymore, costs $30 for me and my gf to go to a damn movie.

If you have Triple A they have discounted tickets, comes out to like $10 and change a ticket. I don't go very often but I always buy tickets through them when I do since it saves like $5 bucks a ticket.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Indoor cats are at least somewhat limited because they have to stay in the house to do their killing. My huskies are straight murderers in my back yard. Between the two of them the kill count is over 10, and that includes squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, and even birds.
They are. My husky would shake the hell out of snakes and even dug up a mole to give it a death shake.

Reactions: Saugus

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just saw a TV commercial on the Outdoor channel for a Stihl blower and I giggled.

Reactions: Nubmer6

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i guess my cat is the only one that has never killed a damn thing? he can chase, he can stalk, he can corner. but he’s a pacifist at heart

Reactions: Darkauron

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
i guess my cat is the only one that has never killed a damn thing? he can chase, he can stalk, he can corner. but he’s a pacifist at heart

I had a cat that was the same way. Lived, died, never took another life. Got scared of an ant he found once.

This current cat (My girlfriend had it for years before we met) went ten years before it's first murder.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I just bought a Sumosys Model700 and I am pretty damn excited about it. I've been waiting for a system like this that includes basically every game ever since they started making these retro consoles.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Should probably explain that South Park has been banned in China after last weeks' episode making fun of how Hollywood will do whatever the Communist Party wants in order to get its' films show in China.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I had the flu at the end of September. I never get the flu. I think someone died of it in Philly in mid September.

You can get the flu 365 days per year, but I wouldn't bet on it that early was my point. October is when immunizations really kick into gear. I got mine in mid-September right when it became available for me, but I have an infant in the home and I'm trying to be uber-cautious. The worst month for flu by far in our part of the world is February.

Good on south park. I get so tired of everyone bending over backwards for china

Hollywood is the worst offender, and most Americans have no idea the incredible lengths they go to alter scripts just to make sure a film can play in China. I recently posted a clip from the Top Gun sequel with how Maverick's jacket art was "changed" in the new one. That sort of thing. Of course, the Red Dawn sequel was supposed to be versus China, but Hollywood changed it to North Korea (as if they could actually be a land warfare threat to America, LOL) so the movie could run in China. There are TONS of examples. Perhaps the least obvious, which is ironically quite obvious, is that although politics is commonly discussed in movies, you never hear a bad word mentioned about Communism.

Reactions: Darkauron

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Spending some more time on this subject tonight, because while I KNEW it was bad & have written to that effect prior, even I had no idea how pervasive this is becoming in American society to basically be "blackmailed" by China. The ESPN protecting China aspect of this NBA story seemed very odd to me at first, but this explains it well:

A) ESPN invested heavily in the NBA, with broadcasting rights and a need to protect the brand because of their investment.
B) They make a non-significant portion of that investment back on NBA-related advertisers like Nike, who are *heavily* invested in China, both in market concerns and production infrastructure.
C) ESPN is owned by Disney, which is a corporation that depends on the Chinese market (and bows to their censorship) for their entertainment properties like Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, and Disney Studios.

This is the real scandal. The default American sports journalism entity, that has completely bowed to a communist government, to protect their market share and investments. What the NBA has done is bad. What ESPN has done *to protect them* should make every American sick.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Spending some more time on this subject tonight, because while I KNEW it was bad & have written to that effect prior, even I had no idea how pervasive this is becoming in American society to basically be "blackmailed" by China. The ESPN protecting China aspect of this NBA story seemed very odd to me at first, but this explains it well:

Well, Blizzard just banned one of it's pro gamers for showing support for the Hong Kong protestors.

I don't know why anyone is surprised. The business of America is business. If America wants China's business, then they have to play by their rules.

Wait til it comes to hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You can get the flu 365 days per year, but I wouldn't bet on it that early was my point. October is when immunizations really kick into gear. I got mine in mid-September right when it became available for me, but I have an infant in the home and I'm trying to be uber-cautious. The worst month for flu by far in our part of the world is February.

Hollywood is the worst offender, and most Americans have no idea the incredible lengths they go to alter scripts just to make sure a film can play in China. I recently posted a clip from the Top Gun sequel with how Maverick's jacket art was "changed" in the new one. That sort of thing. Of course, the Red Dawn sequel was supposed to be versus China, but Hollywood changed it to North Korea (as if they could actually be a land warfare threat to America, LOL) so the movie could run in China. There are TONS of examples. Perhaps the least obvious, which is ironically quite obvious, is that although politics is commonly discussed in movies, you never hear a bad word mentioned about Communism.

I love South Park but that episode was one of their best in years. The whole Winnie the Pooh / Disney story was amazing. My favorite line was the south park? Do I own this? From Mickey with someone responding "not yet sir" The only thing that could have made that scene better is if they had cut to the simpsons family all with sad faces after that guy said not yet sir lol

I'm not an anti vax person or anything crazy like that but I just haven't gotten the flu shot in probably 16 years or so because I never get the flu yet I know a lot of people who get the shot and end up with the flu. It does make me wonder sometimes but in your situation I would totally get the flu shot as well.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I used to care about South Park and pretty much lost all interest when the world was introduced to Rick and Morty.

Anyway, I like how people are seemingly ridiculing private companies for "appeasing" communist China, but won't comment on the fact that there's a lot of money to be made in China for Hollywood and pro sports leagues and they're simply doing the capitalist thing of "making as much money as legally possible." Can't fault them for that now, can we?!

The whole thing just reeks of hypocrisy from either perspective and it's honestly pretty funny that no one cared until an American firm wanted their employees to withdraw support for pro-democracy protestors. The fact that when you sign the dotted line to be employed by an entity you effectively agree to not go against the interests of said entity is an aside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad