OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVIII: Limes On A Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I never get sick while working out, but I had a little bit of heart burn and took a tums right before I left and going onto my 3rd mile I almost puked my guts out. My stomach was real bloated and I burped a ton afterward.

Probably shouldn't have taken that tums lol

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I never get sick while working out, but I had a little bit of heart burn and took a tums right before I left and going onto my 3rd mile I almost puked my guts out. My stomach was real bloated and I burped a ton afterward.

I have GERD and tums are the literal worst thing you can take if you have heartburn.

Drink a lot of water and avoid anything spicy, oily, or alcoholic.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Have you been tested for GERD? I have it and had absolutely no clue as I dont have the normal symptoms. Things like burping a lot, frequent heart burn, upchucking in my mouth, etc... I have none of that. You may want to look into it, because it was eating at my esophagus & if left untreated can develop into some really awful things.

Reactions: tr83

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Have you been tested for GERD? I have it and had absolutely no clue as I dont have the normal symptoms. Things like burping a lot, frequent heart burn, upchucking in my mouth, etc... I have none of that. You may want to look into it, because it was eating at my esophagus & if left untreated can develop into some really awful things.

Nah, I had a burrito with habanero salsa an hour before I went running lol heart burn was inevitable

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
well ya, duh……what you think was going to happen?

reason i never ate tomato sauce on a soccer match day….instant heartburn

My pregame hockey meal was usually buffalo chicken burritos. Never typically bothered me.

Would've been fine this time too, if it wasn't for taking that stupid tums

Reactions: njdevils1982

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I have GERD and tums are the literal worst thing you can take if you have heartburn.

Drink a lot of water and avoid anything spicy, oily, or alcoholic.
i must also have GERD

tell me if this is a symptom - i can have carbonated beverages, i can have alcohol. but if i have both together (aka beer), it really messes with me (sometimes)

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
One time before little league practice I had pizza for dinner. Then I had an apple because I liked apples.

Puked all over left field. Never mixed the two again.

Reactions: Davegarri

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Have you ever tried apple cider vinegar? Counter intuitive, but I've had good success with it. In general I feel it get's my stomach right. Has to be the hazy stuff with the "mothers", not the clear stuff.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Have you ever tried apple cider vinegar? Counter intuitive, but I've had good success with it. In general I feel it get's my stomach right. Has to be the hazy stuff with the "mothers", not the clear stuff.
I have a tablespoon of Bragg's mixed in 16 oz of water every morning.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I have a tablespoon of Bragg's mixed in 16 oz of water every morning.
I swig it straight, but typically only if I'm having an issue, I should be more disciplined and have it daily.

I also have a ton or regular vinegar in my diet. From salsa, to pickles to salad dressing. Pickles after a night of drinking definitely help settle the stomach.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

Yeah it works really well for a lot of things. It supposedly levels the PH of your body or something, who knows, but I used to get bad canker sores in my mouth like every week. I took apple cider vinegar pills and they went away

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That would basically eliminate all food for me.

Well, yes, hence why whenever you go to an Indian restaurant, "how are the spices", always seems to be an unusually paramount concern of the staff.

Welcome back to HFBoards BTW, see you again in 2022.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Well, yes, hence why whenever you go to an Indian restaurant, "how are the spices", always seems to be an unusually paramount concern of the staff.

Welcome back to HFBoards BTW, see you again in 2022.

I do eat other foods than Indian, you know. But I do appreciate all the spicy cuisines: Mexican, Indian, Sichuan, Thai, Jamaican, etc.

a saugus sighting means halley’s comet is right around the corner. hope you’re doing well man!

Thanks. I am doing well. Since the last time I was here, I've had a lot of life changes. Got married, bought a house, finished grad school, adopted two huskies, and made a career change to be a data scientist.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Thanks. I am doing well. Since the last time I was here, I've had a lot of life changes. Got married, bought a house, finished grad school, adopted two huskies, and made a career change to be a data scientist.

Well, well, well, hello there and congratulations on all fronts, happy to hear for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad