OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
How long can they just chill on land like that?

I dont know, but I know they occasionally get temporarily stranded at low-tide. And people will call it in to FL F&G, who dont do anything, because they know once the tide comes back at high-tide they'll just swim off no worse for wear. They're mammals so they breathe air just like you or I.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
There are legit rivers running down some Miami streets, but yeah there is some bad fake as **** pics and videos going around too.

There was a crane collapse in Miami too.

Fort Myers appears to now be getting the worst winds right now. Cantore is a cornball

My wife had TWC on :shakehead with Mike Seidel (sp?) in Naples standing outside as the eye wall was passing over him.

I just don't get these guys. Is it really necessary to do this? Winds are gusting to 140 mph. He almost got knocked off his feet several times. I was waiting for a 2x4 to impale him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My wife had TWC on :shakehead with Mike Seidel (sp?) in Naples standing outside as the eye wall was passing over him.

I just don't get these guys. Is it really necessary to do this? Winds are gusting to 140 mph. He almost got knocked off his feet several times. I was waiting for a 2x4 to impale him.

I thought Mike was gonna die for a bit there.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hmm... no updates for a while. Hope all's well with the Fla crew.

All is good here.

Well, inside at least. Power has flickered a bit, even went in and out. My buddy has got a generator here.

The wind only really started to kick up in the last couple hours. 43 MPH and gusts of 58 currently.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All the dogs are going crazy though. Not sure if they're already seeing the apocalypse or what, but it's kind of creepy.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've come to a conclusion that there is absolutely zero reason for me to have a printer at home anymore.

I have to print my fishing license... that's all I use mine for.

Most states have online license purchase but you still have to print them out and have them on your person.
Although I showed the PDF in my phone in Belize because I forget to print it and they were ok with it.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
When I'm printing something, chances are it's a ticket for something that isn't sports (everything is mobile entry now), or a shipping label for something I sold on eBay.

Printing at my job is a reasonable option considering I don't abuse it. Hell, even if I did pay to print per page at a FedEx Office or whatever, the amount of times I print per year is way cheaper than new ink cartridges. Like a fraction.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I work at home maybe 3 days a month, I need a printer. I also print mailing labels for EBAY crap as was mentioned above. Also, tickets for concerts and sporting events, which I attend a fair bit. Been to 3 concerts this summer.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'm glad the south half of the hurricane bottomed out when Irma made landfall and the westwardly winds became aloft. Spared southwest Florida from any significant surge. The best case scenario happened.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm glad the south half of the hurricane bottomed out when Irma made landfall and the westwardly winds became aloft. Spared southwest Florida from any significant surge. The best case scenario happened.

The track ended up being favorable for the two major metro areas as far as surge goes.

Sounds like places like Marco Island took it on the chin though.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The track ended up being favorable for the two major metro areas as far as surge goes.

Sounds like places like Marco Island took it on the chin though.

Best case scenario. This isn't going to be anywhere near as bad as Hurricane Andrew in 1992 when it's all said and done.

Irma is committing suicide by spending all it's travels over land. Plus, luckily it never strengthened as much over the bathwater as the experts thought.

I've seen footage of mobil & manufactured homes from where it first came ashore in that Naples area that got absolutely trashed though.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
WESH Orlando is reporting from a 7-11 I recognize, it's only 4 miles from my Mom & brother's places, so it's like I'm getting personal live coverage of the weather from their neighborhood. LOL

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Best case scenario. This isn't going to be anywhere near as bad as Hurricane Andrew in 1992 when it's all said and done.

Irma is committing suicide by spending all it's travels over land. Plus, luckily it never strengthened as much over the bathwater as the experts thought.

I've seen footage of mobil & manufactured homes from where it first came ashore in that Naples area that got absolutely trashed though.

Yeah best case scenario is a relative term, because as you said some areas got absolutely wrecked. Still we did avoid the truly catstrophic scenarios.

Tampa reporting some gusts close to 100 MPH. How you holding up Bleed?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All is well here, thanks for asking!:)

I'm a little concerned about Ripshot, we haven't heard from him in quite a few hours.

Lost power, but have some things going, thanks to the generator. I'm not sure if this is one of those scenarios where the power company has shut off the power, or if it's legit went out. No flooding here, but it could be much worse just a few miles away, at sea level.

Still a bit windy and gusty.

Also concerned about my friend in Bradenton Beach. Hope he's not swimming right now.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
All is well here. Lost power at around 7 but had the generator running. 6-8pm was the worst here as what was remaining of the eye approached. Backyard is flooded but house is fine. I actually don't believe I hear the generator running now, so I'm curious if we are running on regular power again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All is well here. Lost power at around 7 but had the generator running. 6-8pm was the worst here as what was remaining of the eye approached. Backyard is flooded but house is fine. I actually don't believe I hear the generator running now, so I'm curious if we are running on regular power again.

Glad to hear. I got power back too. Not sure if it's for good or not. Wind seems to have slowed down in the last hour-90 minutes. Down to 35, probably still gusting around close to 50.

House is fine, but I think my neighbors shed might be messed up. I'll have to check that out in the morning, once it gets light out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad