GDT: The team that used to have a lot of ex. Hawks and now has only one @ Blackhawks - 12/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Matheson gets a great confidence booster the game before, next game buh bye that confidence. Tripped or not he'll blame himself for not just throwing it in deep when he was in scrabble mode

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Probably have to go 13 games over .500 the rest of the way with 51 games to go.

Something like 31-18-2.....We need a 2nd line LW, a healthy Lu and continued consistency on offense (PP as well) and defense (PK as well) from a really young team. Possible with the efforts we're getting lately. I want to believe but I fear we finish 3-5 games under .500 and pick 10th to 14th again.
Luongo's not coming back anytime soon, and I don't think he's been healthy since halfway through the '16 season, he has played through injury 2+ years already.

I doubt they'll make the playoffs, but that said, they have to beat Colorado and Arizona. Vegas at home is probably a longshot, but then it's the 4 game tradition: Christmas home stand against weak teams. The East is bad so it may only take 29-19-3 but I don't think that's feasible, but a strong month is possible and then at least we're not watching a team play out the string.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Think Petro asked for this
He did. If you remember the late budding NBA star Drazen Petrovic from Croatia (formerly part of Yugoslavia), he pronounced it Petrovich........the c pronounced like a ch. Petro likes the accent on the O and the ch sound which is different from Drazen who just adds the ch sound. The ch sound seems to transcend Serbia and Croatia and it's quite possible the Russian pronunciation adds the long O. I read somewhere that Petro's family lineage is Russian and Serbian.:)

Last edited:

PC76

Aug 24, 2016
Did not miss Vrbata in the line up for Chicago. Now if we can get the captain out of the lineup we might be getting somewhere. Come to think of it, Vrbata/Mac/Brickly out, Hunt/Haapala/Mamin in. Nothing but upside to that.

Also, let's not leave Vegas without Malcome Subban.
The Knights owe us one. Two....

Reactions: CaIrishPanther24

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I've generally been happy with bjugstad's elevated play with barkov and huberdeau. He doesn't create but he should put himself in positions to shoot and get open.

I'm truly amazed at the seasons trocheck, huberdeau and barkov are putting together on an average/below average team. Every single night they find their way onto the score sheet.

We have 3 players to build around.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I've generally been happy with bjugstad's elevated play with barkov and huberdeau. He doesn't create but he should put himself in positions to shoot and get open.

I'm truly amazed at the seasons trocheck, huberdeau and barkov are putting together on an average/below average team. Every single night they find their way onto the score sheet.

We have 3 players to build around.

The sad part is that we're likely wasting a seasons worth of solid production (if they keep this up) on a bottom 5-10 finish.

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
Many times during the games Matheson looks lost as to what to do with the puck. He holds onto it too long, then the other team closes in on him , and it seems to me the he gets rattled easily and either coughs up the puck or ices it.

PsychoPanther

Dec 8, 2016
FL
He did. If you remember the late budding NBA star Drazen Petrovic from Croatia (formerly part of Yugoslavia), he pronounced it Petrovich........the c pronounced like a ch. Petro likes the accent on the O and the ch sound which is different from Drazen who just adds the ch sound. The ch sound seems to transcend Serbia and Croatia and it's quite possible the Russian pronunciation adds the long O. I read somewhere that Petro's family lineage is Russian and Serbian.:)
PetrOvich just sounds like Russian middle name and PEtrovich sounds like legit Serbian last name. Always makes me laugh, when they say PetrOvich.

Bennie Aggy

Oct 26, 2017
Only 3 points back from 3rd in division and a playoff spot and no talk from ownership or Tallon about going for it. I guess just like the Mets ownership this ownership obviously doesn't care about winning or it's fans. You gotta love it. It's a disgrace.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Only 3 points back from 3rd in division and a playoff spot and no talk from ownership or Tallon about going for it. I guess just like the Mets ownership this ownership obviously doesn't care about winning or it's fans. You gotta love it. It's a disgrace.

???

What do want them to say? lmao

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I cant say much about the Game and want be. It is as it is and someone will have to take the Blame.

But much more what concerns me as a Fan, is the reaction of our TopLine Pair. And to start with i dont take Bjugstad as the TopLine Player.
Okay let start my concern with 2nd last Game, Bjugstad back in the TopLine, what was the consequence. Barkov skated half so good and you can feel he loose more and more the fun of the Game.
His good work, time on the ice, FaceOff he takes it doesnt show any good resulte he is happy with and you can see it on the Bench and how he play on the Ice current. Maybe it belongs also on the average IceTime, that he is tired. Also when you set up your Linemate complete open and the only think he do is shoot far over. He sayed he enjoyed play with Malgin, few Games before you saw that is how a Line must work. What was the Result Malgin get Benched, Bjugstad now TopLine. The Result of all this moves around you top Pair.

Also the reaction from Huberdeau, he was really pissed of loosing that Way it ended in Overtime. He hammered the Puck over the Ice and here is think it is the same Situation, as with Barkov.
I think both getting tired of the Way Games end and how the Situation is on the first Line.

And that kind of growing Situation is nothing to be patient with it. We had the same Situation once before, we traded really late for old Jagr, he give that Line some live. Now we in the same Situation you have two good Linemates, but what the miss is the Player who fit on the Line. But the only one who really fit in, is low in expierence and current not playing first Line.

So once again the Panthers in the same Situation as we was once before. Only that our young Player much older and better, but no one there who they can play with. And scoreing is current a bigger Problem then GA. Maybe that will switch once again this Season, no one knows.

But in the end of the Line, i really fear, that our top Player loose their passion on the current Team and Line Situation and the first Signs already there.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
It's five points after tonight and Boston still has three games in hand (possible six more points). We're also currently 26th in the league standings.
So sure it's not impossible, but we're not going anywhere unless we can pull of several win streaks and a consistent level of good play.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad