The slide continues. The Carey Prices lose 3-1 vs Pittsburgh.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If Bergevin re-tools the team, even with Price back, I'll have so much respect for him.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Hmmm...

PK should pack up his Norris trophy, his Huggy Bear suits and pimp hats, and bring his one man circus act to another NHL franchise. Never mind #67, but the body language on each and every one of those other players spoke volumes.

thats certainly dramatic lols have you ever been in a hockey locker room even in a junior level when the team is not doing well?

Subban is Shakespeare in that clip compared to some stuff ive seen heard said lols :)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If Bergevin re-tools the team, even with Price back, I'll have so much respect for him.
We will have 2-4 more years of transitioning...Price will move on and win a Cup in the West...Max will be gone, and PK will demand a trade...but the expectations must be kept at a minimum...

Extend MT once again also!! stability is the key!! :popcorn:;);)

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
The biggest mistake this organization has made is naming Pacioretty captain. The players follow their leader. And their leader is just not suited for this job. It's unfortunate because we had a good sniper at a cheap cap hit, and we tried to make him into something he's not and kinda just lost everything...

The Montreal sports media made Pacioretty into some sort of inspirational leader destined to be the next captain.

Pacioretty really isn't that drastically different than Cammalleri, except Cammy was beyond clutch in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I can't believe how ineffective these players have been lately:

1. Pacioretty
2. Plekanec
3. Markov
4. DD
5. Eller

I'm expecting something to happen either today or tomorrow. If not, we'll keep on sliding down the league standings.

Talk about a turn of events boys and girls...

Send them all on waivers, trade Max for Ladd.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No easy fixes for sure. Habs were on the right course when they sucked so bad it got them the 3rd overall pick. These late first round picks rarely become anything more than bottom line or bottom pairing players. Habs need to draft some impact players.

As long as the Bell Center sells out there is no rush on management to fix anything.

Also, MT's saving grace? Price has played 12 games this year....

Not to mention that the leadership core of Markov and Pleks have clearly taken a downturn in their careers. Father Time has hit both players.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
There were points of the season last year that I just tuned out. I did not even get excited for the playoffs as I knew we would not score and bow out of a game when down 1-0. This year it started earlier. The team without Price is awful. AWFUL. No need to drink our sorrows when scrubs are getting paid millions. Turn off the TV and go out and enjoy life I learned.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
There were points of the season last year that I just tuned out. I did not even get excited for the playoffs as I knew we would not score and bow out of a game when down 1-0. This year it started earlier. The team without Price is awful. AWFUL. No need to drink our sorrows when scrubs are getting paid millions. Turn off the TV and go out and enjoy life I learned.

Ok, I got that. When should we come back then?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

We deserve better, the best years of Carey Price are being wasted and there is no guarantee that he stays here( if I was him I would not)
It is such a mess and frankly an embarrassment to watch.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Reading this site lol

Wake me up when november ends

Hey it's hockey, we've been worst.. I watch every games but don't take it so seriously, 30 teams can't be great every year. Be patient.. The cap is the ennemy.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Montreal sports media made Pacioretty into some sort of inspirational leader destined to be the next captain.

Pacioretty really isn't that drastically different than Cammalleri, except Cammy was beyond clutch in the playoffs.

For a long time it's been my impression that he's not a two-way player. Without the puck, he flutters about like a moth. Have you ever seen him check a player? (I mean Cammelleri, not Pacioretty).

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Therrien extended, 4 more years through 2024.

Don't laugh, it might happen :nod:

There's been a darker moment where the #FireTherrien movement had more traction every single year he's been head coach. Every time, the team eventually comes out of it.

Get burnt dishing out the same recipe too often???

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
No easy fixes for sure. Habs were on the right course when they sucked so bad it got them the 3rd overall pick. These late first round picks rarely become anything more than bottom line or bottom pairing players. Habs need to draft some impact players.

As long as the Bell Center sells out there is no rush on management to fix anything.

Also, MT's saving grace? Price has played 12 games this year....

Not to mention that the leadership core of Markov and Pleks have clearly taken a downturn in their careers. Father Time has hit both players.

Broken record with absolutely no evidence that management actually thinks like you do...

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Your "jokes" are as bad as your trade proposals Sergio.

I wouldn't mind getting Drouin, he's got a ton of talent.

I'm sick of having tokens like Desharnais, Darche before him, and Therrien on this team though.

Get the best players. Win. That's it. An incompetent coach giving an undeserving player too much ice time is ridiculous and handicaps this team.

Affirmative Action is giving undeserving and less qualified people positions based on outside considerations other than ability. No better examples than Therrien and Desharnais.

This is false though. Therrien is a "qualified" coach and Desharnais a "qualified" NHL player. Whether you like them or not is another story but they are "qualified". And I wasn't making a joke btw. we don't currently have any French players with the team. We have Bozon in the system but he's a longshot to make it to the NhL at this point.

Barberio and Mitchell are also "qualified" local players. Why are you obsessed with what language(s) the players can speak?. Every team in the league strives to have local products to play/coach for them. Look, the Leafs will most likely try to sign Stamkos because they think he's qualified AND because he happens to be from the Toronto area. People want to cheer for locals, it's normal.

Right now we have three local players on the team, all three of them happen to speak French and English and none of them are tokens. They can all play in the NHL.

And if and when Therrien is fired and replaced with Boucher it will be because Boucher is qualified. If and when Hudon is promoted with the team it will be because he deserves it not because of some "affirmative action" b.s.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tomas Plekanec has one goal in his last 27 games,
-Lars Eller has one goal in his last 24 games,
-David Desharnais has one goal in his last 21 games
-Tomas Fleischmann one goal in 19 games.
-Alex Galchenyuk has three goals in his last 18 games
-Devante Smith-Pelly 3 goals in 31 games

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
This is false though. Therrien is a "qualified" coach and Desharnais a "qualified" NHL player. Whether you like them or not is another story but they are "qualified". And I wasn't making a joke btw. we don't currently have any French players with the team. We have Bozon in the system but he's a longshot to make it to the NhL at this point.

Barberio and Mitchell are also "qualified" local players. Why are you obsessed with what language(s) the players can speak?. Every team in the league strives to have local products to play/coach for them. Look, the Leafs will most likely try to sign Stamkos because they think he's qualified AND because he happens to be from the Toronto area. People want to cheer for locals, it's normal.

Right now we have three local players on the team, all three of them happen to speak French and English and none of them are tokens. They can all play in the NHL.

And if and when Therrien is fired and replaced with Boucher it will be because Boucher is qualified. If and when Hudon is promoted with the team it will be because he deserves it not because of some "affirmative action" b.s.

Did you seriously compare Mark Barberio to Steven Stamkos? Wow.

Obviously you have trouble with comprehension so I'll try to spell it out for you a little more clearly - if Montreal went for the BEST COACH AVAILABLE, rather than the best FRENCH coach available, we would be in a much better position. Bottom line. Why does the coach have to be French? So he can give interviews to RDS? Or for Radio? It's beyond ridiculous at this point...

And can you honestly say that Desharnais deserves to be a number one center in the NHL? How can you justify playing him in that role? Why are all young players buried by Therrien?

As far as Quebec born players in the organization you're misinformed - as Bergevin alluded to in his inaugural press conference -

The new GM is also in favour of increasing the French presence on a team, once known as the Flying Frenchmen, that had only two francophone regulars last season, Mathieu Darche and Desharnais.

"The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League is here in our backyard," he said. "My vision is to put people in place to make sure we don't miss guys from Quebec.

"The goal is to win, but there are good Quebec players all around the league and we'll do the best we can to not miss them. Right now we have one Quebec scout. We'll have more than one. It's a priority for me. We'll start with that."

So yes there is an inherent desire to draft Franco's, from the top brass.

Drafted by Bergevin include:

Charles Hudon - 2012
Jeremy Gregoire - 2013
Zachary Fucale - 2013
Daniel Audette - 2014
Simon Bourque - 2015

I'm not criticizing these picks, simply pointing out that there are several QMJHL French players drafted and in the organization.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm beginning to wonder if the tailspin woildnt have happened if the Habs best th Bruins or Wings last month. They were playing well up to those games (especially in the Boston game) but lost both games in quick fashion because they made key mistakes. They lost their confidence afterwards.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm beginning to wonder if the tailspin woildnt have happened if the Habs best th Bruins or Wings last month. They were playing well up to those games (especially in the Boston game) but lost both games in quick fashion because they made key mistakes. They lost their confidence afterwards.

Everything went to **** when Therrien turned on the magic blender.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Tomas Plekanec has one goal in his last 27 games,
-Lars Eller has one goal in his last 24 games,
-David Desharnais has one goal in his last 21 games
-Tomas Fleischmann one goal in 19 games.
-Alex Galchenyuk has three goals in his last 18 games
-Devante Smith-Pelly 3 goals in 31 games

And yet coach can't find any solutions except moving DD up and down. Or as a forward or as a point guy.

One thing he refuses to do is move Galchenyuk on the first line and keep him there. Or put Eller back at center because anyone who has eyes and some hockey knowledge can see he is completely lost as a winger.

I'd put DD on Eller's wing instead. Eller was tried on the wings several time, this year, the coach gave him half season there, it clearly doesn't work. Put him back at center and try to see what DD can do as a winger.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Leafs arent trying to sign Stamkos because he is a local.

They are hoping that being a local will be an enticing factor to a Superstar signing on their team.

If you cant see the difference then i got a bridge to sell you

Nynja*

Everything went to **** when Therrien turned on the magic blender.

This

It wasnt when Price got hurt (they were still scoring goals and winning).
It wasnt when Gally got hurt (they were still scoring goals and winning)

The sample size of Prices long term injury status lacks sample size (but 1 goal in 1 period against Columbus).

It was in the first intermission when MT shuffled the deck for no reason, and since then nothing has worked. The only game since then that they've played a FULL 60 minutes was the winter classic. Between the Dec 1 game against Lumbus and the WC, it seemed like the team would come out flying in the first period, and hope to score 3 goals quick like they did against Ottawa and coast the rest of the way (which is what they did that game). The past 3 games, they havent even been doing that, they've just not given any ****s, none, at all.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Leafs arent trying to sign Stamkos because he is a local.

They are hoping that being a local will be an enticing factor to a Superstar signing on their team.

If you cant see the difference then i got a bridge to sell you

The real reason the Leafs aren't trying to sign Stamkos is because of what his next contract will cost.

eastcoast72

Sep 19, 2011
Get real. PK is a big game player with a big personality. He's likely playing it up for the cameras too. Our captain dropped the F-bomb in the media a few games back. Our team just set a record for most losses in a month. Perhaps a little fire is exactly what they needed. Did it work? You might want to check the score of the game.

I agree the coach needs to go though. Come to think of it, Therrien has one filthy mouth. Perhaps the example is actually being set by management. Think about that when you are referencing Babcock and Sutter. I've never heard about either of them farting and throwing toenail clippings in people's faces. Monkey see monkey do.

click on the link, and buy yourself a pair:
www.rosecolouredglasses4sale.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad