Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Agree, first I had to block ReHabs and then the whole thread as it was just terrible reading and p1ssed me off everytime.
I couldn't even visit the thread. It was so toxic. Grown men who turned on our 1st overall pick in his 18 year old season and who obsessed on ridiculing and dumping on the kid every day.

It was f***ing creepy and disturbing. They can all go pound sand.

I'm so happy for Slaf and our hockey ops group. He's going to be an unreal force in 2-3 years.

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
Considering the start to the season, it's remarkable that he finished with 20 G and 50 P.

The sky is limit and at this point, I'm not sure I could define his ceiling.

I think 30 G and 65 P is a realistic goal for next season.

Can't wait to see the player he becomes by 23-24 years old.
Slaf was PPG at the end of the season.
He can continue on the same level, go down, or up.
There you go, covering all the bases. :)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Right.

Tbf I was mad at Management not the player, because he looked really lost at beginning of year, he genuinely did not look NHL ready, it looked like we were doubling down and did not want to admit this player was not ready, which is why his transition from that to now is insane.
It's really not...the signs were there.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I couldn't even visit the thread. It was so toxic. Grown men who turned on our 1st overall pick in his 18 year old season and who obsessed on ridiculing and dumping on the kid every day.

I'm so happy for Slaf and our hockey ops group. He's going to be an unreal force in 2-3 years.
Yeah some of these comments, especially on twitter were brutal. That wasnt criticism anymore, just blatant hate. Leafs and Sens fans should focus on their teams. And even some Habs fans should be ashamed of themselves.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Since the season for the Habs ended yesterday, so I been feeling nostalgic, I went do to a read of the previous Slafkovsky thread to this one and sheeesh!

Let's just say that the Slafkovsky nonsense peaked right around the time Jordan Schmaltz decided to weigh in on #20's play.

Maybe that was what motivated the miraculous transformation of Slafkovsky?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kinda wild that not too long ago, we were talking about how Quinton Byfield was the example of how to properly develop a prospect because he played 59 AHL games over 3 years before breaking out this year.

I'm a big Byfield fan, but he finished with 53pts this year to Slafkovsky's 50.

And Slafkovsky actually finished with 1 more goal.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.

it was legit BRUTAL!

not gonna lie... I spend most of my free time over the last 15 year reading this board as my ADHD fixation. like everyday! gotta keep the mind entertained at all times, so its either a million different projects, which my wife just "loves" or reading this board... HF Habs board was/is my go too comfort lol

but at the end of last year and the beginning of this year this board and particular thread had reached a level toxicity that made me straight up avoid these boards for a few months. it was disgusting, depressing and wholly un enjoyable to visit due to certain people beating their chest in every thread and every post shitting on the kid that we're supposed to be excited for! shitting on everyone who was trying to be patient and hopeful for our 1st over all pick.(the nerve we had wanting to be excited!)

there is nothing wrong with not liking a player, or being concerned about development or bad habits etc.. but it was no longer about that .. it became about being right and shitting on everything and everyone who didn't whole heartedly agree with and champion their toxic opinions. and it was like a f***ing cancer that just infected every thread on here.... lines became drawn, and then both side had to go to the extreme with their positions to counter eachothers. good riddance to those days!

...the thing I'm most happy about with Slafkovsky progression is that this board, like slaf, has now turned it around into a supportive and hopeful (for the most pat) place again! almost rivaling the turn around of The Slafsquatch him self! :D

man I'm so f***ing glad with him this year! I just hope some people have learned a little bit of patience with these 18yo super talented kids and give them a chance with a little bit of positivity.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
it was legit BRUTAL!

not gonna lie... I spend most of my free time over the last 15 year reading this board as my ADHD fixation. like everyday! gotta keep the mind entertained at all times, so its either a million different projects, which my wife just "loves" or reading this board... HF Habs board was/is my go too comfort lol

but at the end of last year and the beginning of this year this board and particular thread had reached a level toxicity that made me straight up avoid these boards for a few months. it was disgusting, depressing and wholly un enjoyable to visit due to certain people beating their chest in every thread and every post shitting on the kid that we're supposed to be excited for! shitting on everyone who was trying to be patient and hopeful for our 1st over all pick.(the nerve we had wanting to be excited!)

there is nothing wrong with not liking a player, or being concerned about development or bad habits etc.. but it was no longer about that .. it became about being right and shitting on everything and everyone who didn't whole heartedly agree with and champion their toxic opinions. and it was like a f***ing cancer that just infected every thread on here.... lines became drawn, and then both side had to go to the extreme with their positions to counter eachothers. good riddance to those days!

...the thing I'm most happy about with Slafkovsky progression is that this board, like slaf, has now turned it around into a supportive and hopeful (for the most pat) place again! almost rivaling the turn around of The Slafsquatch him self! :D

man I'm so f***ing glad with him this year! I just hope some people have learned a little bit of patience with these 18yo super talented kids and give them a chance with a little bit of positivity.

I put the Slafkovsky thread on ignore and then started putting a lot of posters on the ignore list, which I never used to do.

Life is too short to put yourself in such a toxic mindframe.. even the tank thread I couldn't visit during games because it was too toxic whenever we'd get a save or score a goal.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
oh me lord I couldn't even read words on the internet because some people said slaf was poopoo (when he was poopoo), i'd wake up sweating at night thinking about mrb1p, oh the tragedy, oh lord please understand how hard it was

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 9.38.06 AM.png

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I put the Slafkovsky thread on ignore and then started putting a lot of posters on the ignore list, which I never used to do.

Life is too short to put yourself in such a toxic mindframe.. even the tank thread I couldn't visit during games because it was too toxic whenever we'd get a save or score a goal.

agreed! I try to not Ignore people or threads too... it just cuts out lots of good stuff to read lol ... and i like seeing a wide variety of opinions and ideas. but yeah, this place was the worst I had seen since I stumbled upon these pages in 2009.

...and I get it.. Slafkovsky was not my choice ... I wanted Wright and I was 100% wrong! lol but the moment we drafted Slaf I said on here that it wasn't my choice but he was our pick so I'm gonna support him and hope he becomes a beast and proves all of us wrong.. that's what I did ... and thankfully that's exactly what Slafkovsky did!

on the flip side the last 2 games have left this place in the most positive and hopeful mindset I've seen since... I dunno the day we drafted galchenyuk in 2012 (literally the reason I joined officially to comment on that thread lmfao) oh man... do we get it wrong some times hahahahaha

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
oh me lord I couldn't even read words on the internet because some people said slaf was poopoo (when he was poopoo), i'd wake up sweating at night thinking about mrb1p, oh the tragedy, oh lord please understand how hard it was

View attachment 853689

...and right on que... seemed we have hit a sensitive nerve of some negative nancies ... shouldn't you be waiting for a bad game from slaf before you guys are allowed pop up again? lmao

it's all good dude! shit away .. just try not to bog down everythread on the board with the hate. cheers!

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
...and right on que... seemed we have hit a sensitive nerve of some negative nancies ... shouldn't you be waiting for a bad game from slaf before you guys are allowed pop up again? lmao

it's all good dude! shit away .. just try not to bog down everythread on the board with the hate. cheers!

I have already declared my allegiance as a recovering Slaf superfan you can't hurt me!

this moping woe-is-me thing is so pathetic tho, bleh

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I have already declared my allegiance as a recovering Slaf superfan you can't hurt me!

this mopping woe-is-me thing is so pathetic tho, bleh

who's moping? we were reminiscing about the toxic bullshit a handleful of slaf haters filled our boards at a childish and unbelievable rate. these, posters who cried and whined every f***ing post, trying to get people to join their crusade against an 18yo kid who's was just entering the nhl.. all so they can stroke their own egos and say that they were right?! ... talk about pathetic! grown ass men becoming so f***ing engrossed and obsessed with a teenage boy that it fills them up with literally and visceral hate? yup PATHETIC! LOL

But, our discussion was not directed at anyone in particular.. just about the overall cesspool this board had become because of the endless posts and then extreme one-uping both sides fell into at that time

I'm sorry that our discussion hurt your feelings and clearly caused a guilty ass negative reaction with in you.. but popping up now in a aggressive retort to a conversation that was just about the general toxicity around that time, is quite telling.

anyway thats the most effort i will be putting towards this clear bating bs... so hate on my hater! Cheers :D

Last edited:

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I was happy we didn't draft Wright because of the red flags in his draft year, Slaf looked clutch as hell. Can't say I wasn't worried about his potential since he had a slow one and a bit season but he's looked REALLY good so far, good for him! Elite drive with great development is his key to success.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
who's moping? we were reminiscing about the toxic bullshit a handleful of slaf haters filled our boards at a childish and unbelievable rate. these, posters who cried and whined every f***ing post, trying to get people to join their crusade against an 18yo kid who's was just entering the nhl.. all so they can stroke their own egos and say that they were right?! ... talk about pathetic! grown ass men becoming so f***ing engrossed and obsessed with a teenage boy that it fills them up with literally and visceral hate? yup PATHETIC! LOL

But, our discussion was not directed at anyone in particular.. just about the overall cesspool this board had become because of the endless posts and then extreme one-uping both sides fell into at that time

I'm sorry that our discussion hurt your feelings and clearly caused a guilty ass negative reaction with in you.. but popping up now in a aggressive retort to a conversation that was just about the general toxicity around that time, is quite telling.

anyway thats the most effort i will be putting towards this clear bating bs... so hate on my hater! Cheers :D
Hol' up. Nobody hated Slafkovsky, thats ridiculous lmao. He was playing like shit and the reactions were according to his play, not anything else.

For all I know people seemed more disappointed in the options available than the actual pick.

• Wow
Reactions: nicehiss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad