Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A lot made about Slafs points as a teenager but he’s also tied for 8th in points this season for U22s, Hughes said they were drafting for what he will be at 22 so in 2 years should be well on track
Our entire selection team must be watching this guy play with Cheshire Cat grins on their faces.

1711636785983.jpeg

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
When I said he is the best europ player since Malkin and Ovy (over 2-3 month he produce like a PPG player so far, Slaf produce really big numbers since 2-3 months), it's certainly because of his physicality attribute, protection of puck and details of the game.

I never see a 19 years old with that type of protection of puck, the only player that have this qualities in all of his career is Jaromir Jagr.

People need to be really hype with this guy, isn't crazy at all to think that he can even become a 100 pts type of player.

I'm not delusionnal because I'm a Habs fan (I'm a big fan of him before the draft) , but what he did at 19 years old is truly impressive and I talk about his game. He play against the best players on another team and he protect the puck like a guy who have played 10 years in this league.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Adding Dach is going to be so sweet for this team. He is a similar player to Slaf.

Dach will pull so much attention away from Suzuki and Slaf. Pair Caufield with Dach and we are a two line team.

As Kev stated, Slaf is doing what he is doing against other teams best players. One additional player in Dach is going to mean that teams will spread that around.

I am putting a ton of pressure and expectations on Kirby, but he was trending there last year. I hope he puts in the work this summer, and resumes the excellent curve he was on.

Slaf....we have seen his work ethic and competitiveness. I expect nothing but hard work all summer from the kid. He is going to come in next year, with a wave of momentum and an air of confidence.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Adding Dach is going to be so sweet for this team. He is a similar player to Slaf.

Dach will pull so much attention away from Suzuki and Slaf. Pair Caufield with Dach and we are a two line team.

As Kev stated, Slaf is doing what he is doing against other teams best players. One additional player in Dach is going to mean that teams will spread that around.

I am putting a ton of pressure and expectations on Kirby, but he was trending there last year. I hope he puts in the work this summer, and resumes the excellent curve he was on.

Slaf....we have seen his work ethic and competitiveness. I expect nothing but hard work all summer from the kid. He is going to come in next year, with a wave of momentum and an air of confidence.

I said in the beginning of the season that Dach and Slaf have potential to become the best forwards in this team, ahead of Suzuki. I'm really impressive with Suzuki year, but I still believe that both have even higher potential because of their physical ability. They have all tools to become great two-way players aswell (Dach is already a great two-way guy). Suzuki have more scoring ability than Dach, but Dach is bigger, same playmaking ability, they are very close in term of talent. So Dach - Suzuki can become a fun 1-2 punch to watch for many years to come. If Dach stay healthy, that's the only thing that Dach not good in his game, the rest... he is a fantastic player!

Jul 6, 2016
Question...when these records were made, i.e. most points by a Habs teenage player, were the points counted strictly till the day before the player hits 20 years old, or is it up to and during their 19th-year-old season? I.e. do we count the points till he turns 20 or till the end of this season?

Wait, that's not Jagr! Dude has short hair and no mullet! :D
Before turning 20 years old.

Reactions: Pomee

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
When Slaf was picked, I was happy. He was my choice. I always found Habs never picked players who could become like Jagr. An huge trunk who dictate the play. It's like we forget we had success before with guys like Beliveau, Mahovlich, Gainey, Wilson, Lambert, Smith, Lemieux, Richer, Leclair, Bellows, Damphousse and Muller. We need some size or we don't understand the game.
Oh you don't to tell me, ive been barking up the get bigger tree... some fans dont understand how much more energy Slaf consumes from the opposing defense.. even now you start to see Dmen give him the puck and try to contain..

True hockey players "know" it is outright exhausting trying to tie up an immovable object. Now do that 10x/period and guess who's D are worn down in the playoffs?

A big "big hit" is temporary, guys like Slaf grinding you on the boards is progressive.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I said in the beginning of the season that Dach and Slaf have potential to become the best forwards in this team, ahead of Suzuki. I'm really impressive with Suzuki year, but I still believe that both have even higher potential because of their physical ability. They have all tools to become great two-way players aswell (Dach is already a great two-way guy). Suzuki have more scoring ability than Dach, but Dach is bigger, same playmaking ability, they are very close in term of talent. So Dach - Suzuki can become a fun 1-2 punch to watch for many years to come. If Dach stay healthy, that's the only thing that Dach not good in his game, the rest... he is a fantastic player!
You are completely underestimating Suzuki's Physical ability.
Something his coach doesn't as he mentioned in his post game.

One of them is working on a third consecutive 82 game season the other not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad