The Single-A Draft (ROSTER post, picks, everything)

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry for the delay.

C - Doru Tureanu

Doru Tureanu's name went over Romania's borders a long time ago. The player, of which Russian coach Viktor Tikhonov said he could play without any problems for any professional team on Earth, was a sensation in the world of hockey due to his native talent and his incredible sense in front of goal.

D - Stephane Quintal

Seventieslord said:
There is a lot to like about Quintal. He is the all-time leader in games by available defensemen with 1037 - 50 more than the next guy. And he didn't "just" play a lot of games; he was a useful player: he averaged 19.84 minutes a game over that many games. He was huge: 6'3" and 231 pounds. And he was tough, and a willing fighter. He played a tough, but clean game. With so many of his PIMs coming from his 126 NHL fights, he took just 0.68 minutes in penalties per game otherwise. And in his last 5 full seasons, NHL teams paid him $11.9M, when a player making the league average over this time would have earned 8.0M.

LW - Larry Jeffrey

seventieslord said:
Jeffrey was a tough grinder who survived a pretty decent length of time in the exclusive O6 NHL. He finished with 368 games and 38 more in the playoffs, which was 247 and 31 as of expansion. Those totals are among the leaders for available players, but they are not mind blowing, either. The reason is injuries. Jeffrey was really balls to the wall, and this cost him games. In the 1962-1967 seasons, he played 247 NHL games and 120 in the minors, meaning he missed approximately 113 scheduled games with a variety of injuries. He retired in 1969, probably with a lot more to give, if not for his battered body (the 1969 car accident was the icing on the cake)

Jeffrey was a "good team" role player, not just some scrub sticking with a bad team. In the 6 seasons in which he played at least 40 games, his teams had a win% of .550, .507, .621, .536, .608 and .589. He went to three Stanley Cup finals, losing with Detroit in the first two, and winning with the Leafs in 1967.

D - Wayne Hillman

seventieslord said:
Wayne was not a great point producer from the blueline at his best, but did once place 9th in the NHL among defensemen with 20 points. Just over half his career was post-expansion for the Rangers, North Stars and Flyers, and during that time he was a PK beast, playing 38% of penalty kills, and averagd 20.37 minutes per game over 370 games. With Hillman playing all these minutes, these teams were just 6% below average at even strength, and just 1% below average on the PK. In 1970, Philadelphia was just a 58-point team but Hillman was far and away their icetime leader, playing an estimated 29.18 minutes, good for 7th in the NHL.

LW/RW - Richard Zednik

Legends of Hockey said:
Zednik has added some grit to his game and continues to possess the foot speed and offensive talents required of a first-line NHL forward. Upon his arrival in Montreal, Zednik has become one of the team's more durable players while seeing his offensive totals improve each season. Zednik established a career high in goals with 31 and points with 50 during the 2002-03 season and went on to duplicate his point total again in 2003-04.

D - Greg Hawgood

- 224 points in 474 games
- 4 30 point seasons
- 25 Career Power Play Goals

C - Bob Bassen

seventieslord said:
A little, hard-working defensive forward and penalty killer. Pretty much a poor man's Dave Reid.

Bassen did very little offensively but was an appreciated worker bee on some pretty good teams (11% better than average during his career).

He killed 26% of penalties for his teams and they were 8% better than the league average... not too shabby.

Bassen was at his best from 1991 to 1995, when he averaged 14.94 minutes a game and scored 27-34 points four times.

RW - Greg Paslawski

-372 points in 650 games
- 5 20 Goal Seasons
- 1 Top 10 Season in Game Winning Goals

RW - Ken Houston

328 pts in 570 GP
19 pts in 35 playoff GP
x6 20 goals
x2 50 points

Calgary Sun said:
Soft spoken, level-headed, unassuming.

Ken Houston was a big, quiet guy who went about his business, often effectively, of patrolling a wing for the Atlanta and Calgary Flames.

An honest, 20-goal scorer.

But when push came to punch, the 6-ft., 2-in, 210-pounder could deliver with the best of them.

And one of the first punches the native and present resident of Chatham, Ont., threw gave him instant fistic prowess in a league sprinkled with menacing heavyweights.

Just days after donning an Atlanta jersey, he broke the jaw of highly-regarded Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Dave 'The Hammer' Schultz.

"It was right after I'd scored my first goal," recounts Houston, during a telephone interview. "He was my check and after the faceoff, we went back down into the Philly end and were buzzing the net.

"Play stopped and he seemed to take offence that I'd scored my first goal against him. There was a lot of yipping and pretty soon it was time to do something about it ... and the gloves were off."

The bout went for several minutes.

"The linesmen started moving in between us and he was still yapping so I reached around and hit him again. I don't know if that's the one that did it or not."

Houston played seven of his nine seasons in the NHL with the Flames, scoring 128 of his 162 goals and collecting 516 of his 624 penalty minutes.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
BTW a few of my players taken aren't correct in the OP.

You have McGillis being taken twice and Travis Green listed twice (once as a goalie).

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK

You have McGillis being taken twice and Travis Green listed twice (once as a goalie).

Is the whole draft caught up now? I'll take a look when I'm back in my hotel room tonight. I can post a fixed OP for vanislander to paste in (including what you posted above) if it makes it easier for him, assuming he hasn't yet.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea

I've inputted your nine picks and taken out the twice listed (cut and paste form mistake) and PLEASE check your other picks: I believe you didn't re-pick one you had to because he had been taken before by another team (see red bolded in op) and PLEASE list picks you made that are missing in the op (you have to update your roster post anyway). That will save me half an hour of hunting with my headache today.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
BubbaBoot either has one more pick to make or one missed to be put on the list. I've PM'd him about it.

Everyone else, please check your picks (on the draft list)! and update your roster post.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
just paste this in with all the formatting. then you're done. took me three minutes.

DAY 7:

BubbaBoot - Cape Cod Cubs - Jiri Kochta, LW & Tuukka Rask, G
ResilientBeast - Edmonton Eskimos- Alexander Uvarov, C & Michal Rozsival, D
tony d - Orlando Solar Bears - John Chabot, C & Jim Niekamp, D
seventieslord - Saskatchewan Whatevers - Darryl Sutter, LW/C & Gary Sabourin, RW
JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers - Aarne Honkavaara, F & Tony Hand, F
chaosrevolver - Michigan Wolverines - Stephen Weiss, C & Andy Murray, coach
Hedberg - Revierlöwen Oberhausen - Greg Polis, LW & Garry Howatt, LW
VanIslander - Rocky Mountain Rage - Dennis Ververgaert, RW & Jiri Dopita, C

DAY 8:

ResilientBeast - Edmonton Eskimos- Alexander Sidelnikov, G & Patrick Lalime, G
JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers - Harry Mellups, G & Richard Smehlik, D
seventieslord - Saskatchewan Whatevers - Steve Konroyd, D & Kevin Bieksa, D
chaosrevolver - Michigan Wolverines - Bill Houlder, D &
Hedberg - Revierlöwen Oberhausen - Cam Davidson, F & Mikael Andersson, RW
tony d - Orlando Solar Bears - Tim Cheveldae, G & Scott Pellerin, W
BubbaBoot - Cape Cod Cubs - Josef Augusta, coach & Vlastimil Bubnik, RW
VanIslander - Rocky Mountain Rage - Jack Shill, LW & Chris Oddleifson, C

DAY 9:

seventieslord - Saskatchewan Whatevers - Jeff Halpern, C & Marty McInnis, F
ResilientBeast - Edmonton Eskimos- Jerry Butler, RW & Stewart Gavin, LW
Hedberg - Revierlöwen Oberhausen - Chris Clark, RW & Greg Johnson, C
tony d - Orlando Solar Bears - Darren Veitch, D & Simon Nolet, RW
BubbaBoot - Cape Cod Cubs - Lennart Johansson, C & Thomas Eriksson, D
JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers - Valentin Kuzin, F & Unto Wiitala, G
VanIslander - Rocky Mountain Rage - Irek Gimayev, D & Carl Voss, C
chaosrevolver - Michigan Wolverines - Doru Tureanu, C & Stephane Quintal, D

DAY 10:

ResilientBeast - Edmonton Eskimos- Alexander Vinogradov, D & Vladimir Nikanorov, D
seventieslord - Saskatchewan Whatevers - Paul Thompson, coach & Brent Gilchrist, LW/C
tony d - Orlando Solar Bears - Gerry Lowrey, LW & Carl Kendall, C
BubbaBoot - Cape Cod Cubs - Roger Jenkins, D/RW & Hakan Sodergren, LW
JFA87-66-99 - Pittsburgh Bankers - Ladislav Nagy, LW & Lorne Ferguson, LW
VanIslander - Rocky Mountain Rage - Frantisek Musil, D & Mike Hough, W
Hedberg - Revierlöwen Oberhausen - Sergei Mylnikov, G & Bert-Ola Nordlander, D
chaosrevolver - Michigan Wolverines - Wayne Hillman, D & Larry Jeffrey, LW

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I've inputted your nine picks and taken out the twice listed (cut and paste form mistake) and PLEASE check your other picks: I believe you didn't re-pick one you had to because he had been taken before by another team (see red bolded in op) and PLEASE list picks you made that are missing in the op (you have to update your roster post anyway). That will save me half an hour of hunting with my headache today.

My roster post was updated.

Lou Nanne, Mark Parrish and Greg Hanlon are the three names you missed that I took.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad