The Sens are tapped out? Yeah Right!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Habs don't have a lot of top-end "prospects" due to recent draft position. (Sens prospect pool isn't really ranked any higher, by the way.) Still there's De La Rose, Hudon, McCarron, Carr (Gallagher 2.0), Andrighetto, Scherback, Juulsen, Pateryn, Bournival, Tinordi.... None are considered "top-end" at the moment, but who knows? (Stone was drafted 178th, Subban 43rd--who knows who will pan out and who won't.) What Habs do have is a core of fairly young players that will produce (or provide solid D) in the next 3-5 years--Patches, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Eller, Subban--all are 26 or under and mostly signed log-term.

So to clarify: Habs don't have any top-ten prospects in the wings, but they have a fairly talented young team. (None of whom need to be traded to for cap reasons.)

As far as my posting on this board: My apologies. I go on different teams' boards to learn about other teams. If my team is mentioned, and I disagree with the assessment, I contribute a post. I'm never rude in expressing my opinion; and I haven't belittled the Sens roster. But if you don't want to hear it, I'll refrain.

It's all good to come to the Sens board and ask about the goings-on of our team. Visitors are always welcome. Input is appreciated. But the convo took a turn when you went on defending how good your team is (even when posters have pointed out that they have consistently been a top 5-6 team in the league the last 3 years), so some backlash is to be expected.

Last edited:

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
It's all good to come to the Sens board and ask about the goings-on of our team. Visitors are always welcome. Input is appreciated. But the convo took a turn when you went on defending how good your team is (even when posters have pointed out that they have consistently been a top 5-6 team in the league the last 3 years), so some backlash is to be expected.

It's all good. Got into a debate and forgot for a moment I was on the Sens board. Sorry for hijacking. For the record, and to respond to the OP, I don't think that the Sens are tapped out. I think they're an improving young club. Not as good as they were during the final stretch of the season (obviously), but not as bad as they were at the beginning of the season. I see them ranked somewhere 10-15, where they were last season, fighting for a wild card. But I see their star rising. And I'm not a Sens hater either. Was rooting for them to make the playoffs last season, and only root against them when they play my team.

Good luck!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Habs don't have a lot of top-end "prospects" due to recent draft position. (Sens prospect pool isn't really ranked any higher, by the way.) Still there's De La Rose, Hudon, McCarron, Carr (Gallagher 2.0), Andrighetto, Scherback, Juulsen, Pateryn, Bournival, Tinordi.... None are considered "top-end" at the moment, but who knows? (Stone was drafted 178th, Subban 43rd--who knows who will pan out and who won't.) What Habs do have is a core of fairly young players that will produce (or provide solid D) in the next 3-5 years--Patches, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Eller, Subban--all are 26 or under and mostly signed log-term.

So to clarify: Habs don't have any top-ten prospects in the wings, but they have a fairly talented young team. (None of whom need to be traded to for cap reasons.)

As far as my posting on this board: My apologies. I go on different teams' boards to learn about other teams. If my team is mentioned, and I disagree with the assessment, I contribute a post. I'm never rude in expressing my opinion; and I haven't belittled the Sens roster. But if you don't want to hear it, I'll refrain.
D is not Montreal's problem though, it's scoring. As for Sens top end prospect, they have many:

Stone
Pageau
Lazar
Puempel
Prince
Lindberg
Paul
O'Connor

As for 25 and under you got Karrlson, Hoffman, Zibanejad, Ceci, Wiercoch, Wideman, and Cowen.

Every single player listed above with the exception of Paul was drafted or signed out of college by the Ottawa Senators. DOn't know who is ranking prospect pools, but one thing stands out, the Sens draft very well. Cowen and Zibanejad are the only 2 players drafted in the top 10 (#6,#9)over the last 8 years. The 2 next highest drafted players were taken at 15 which were Karlsson and Ceci.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Am i the only one who's actively voting for the team with the most votes that's NOT ottawa in the summer power rankings thread in the poll section? At this point, where ottawa is, it's a joke. I would rather have us go as low as possible so we can bump it and prove HF wrong yet again.

I legitimately check the results of that poll, see who's the highest that isn't ottawa so they can place real low. It will be that much sweeter when our team full of depth and young guns steamrolls into the playoffs.

I probably shouldn't care. oh well.

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan

There's absolutely nothing wrong with you posting on here. It's definitely going to happen that you have different opinions than Sens fans on a Sens board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad