GDT: The Secret Evil Lair, Pay This Thread No Mind, Move Along... Sabres vs Preds 7pm MSG (3/19/18)

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Didn't feel like a 4-0 game tonight, but I guess it was. These games happen even to good teams and I didn't see them outplayed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You realize how far this team has to go when it plays well on home ice and still loses 0-4. Just too many players who aren't NHL caliber.

Yep. They have to find a way to push guys like Beaulieu and Falk out of the lineup with better players. Similarly, they have far too much deadwood up front simply coasting through from paycheck to paycheck.

And that 4th goal was not a good goal.

So it's the usual intersection of Sabre problems - bad d-zone puck security, bad d-zone coverage, ineffective offense, and iffy goaltending. ...and scene.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Impromptu GBU:

G -
Overall entertaining game
Nelson
Eichel's offense
BRB line's forechecking and chances
Nolan is a pending UFA

B -
Seeing Nolan on the ice at all
Bad 'tie up' by Jack on the 3rd GA
4th GA

U -
Jumping Fiala Angels
E-Rod has the "Innsmouth Look"

Reactions: Buffaloed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

- The kids buzzed.
- Jack hurled a lot at the net and won a majority of his draws. He did some really good things with pace.
- Guhle was up the ice a lot and looked better.
- Nelson didn't seem like he was struggling.
- Ullmark made some good saves at times.
- Fisher's deflection was some great work in front.

The Bad:

- Lack of finish.
- Jack on GA 3 has to be hard on that stick in front.
- Bounces.
- The limited accountability around Beaulieu. He's such a disaster and yet he makes multiple terrible decisions every game and winds up back out there. For a team carrying 8 healthy D, it makes me wonder why.
- Fiala's leaping bullcrap. And then only Rodrigues goes over to say something. I didn't like that at all.

The Ugly:

- Shut out at home.
- "What does it matter" is the perfect epitaph on this season.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Rinne is fantastic

Ullmark was real solid. Last one sucked but game was over at that point

Guhle is so inconsistent, he flashes bigtime, then some terrible passive play

The usual sucky guys sucked

They played pretty well, they really should put at least one NHLer with Jack tho.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Atrocious. The Sabres franchise should be embarrassed.
Why? It was a decently entertaining game (Buffalo standards) and in fact the Sabres were very competitive except for the part about scoring goals. And even on that point, a locked-on Rinne can do that to any team at any time.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yes. Evaluation time and Antipin was upstairs.
I’ve come to the conclusion that Antipin sits because he doesn’t play to his strengths enough (rushing the puck and getting up in the rush). It’s a weird dynamic where a coach can live with dzone f*** ups as long as you’re getting up in the play and being aggressive once we have the puck. It’s why Beaulieu plays more. Normally coaches go the other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad