Prospect Info: The Second Overall Pick Thread: Part IV (Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
No, it’s based on where they were as prospects going into their drafts.

Or else Puljarajvi wouldn’t be on it, Matthews would be above Laine and Peterson and Heiskanen would be on the list.
I’m stupid and mixed up former and latter.

No they were ranked how much they were hyped going into their respective draft years, he clearly says that in his article.
See my edit and post above.

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I have read the Forsberg comparisons to Kakko before, but am hesitant. While he certainly uses his body, I do not get the sense that he plays with a level of meanness that Foppa played with. Forsberg definitely arrived at the puck with ill humor. Does Kakko truly bring such physicality with his game?

I think the first to bring up the Forsberg comparison was ex NHLer Mikael Renberg. Zibanejad was sitting next to him and kind of scuffed at it, said that he thinks Kakko plays more like Matthews. I actually don’t think Matthews on the wing is a bad comparison.

BUT, I do get what people mean with the Forsberg comparison now. Like Forsberg was an extreme playmaker and Kakko isn’t that, Kakko is also taller built. So they are pretty different in many key regards. But they do compete in the same way. And Kakko also has that improvisation ability Forsberg had, and also that aura of thinking that they can take on the world.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Why on Earth would he want to remind us all that he had Laine ahead of Matthews?

I mean, props to him for owning it, but Laine was closer to Pulujarvi than Matthews in that draft. If I wanted to continue forging a career as a prospect analyst, I would avoid reminding people that I had a stroke one year while doing my rankings.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Why on Earth would he want to remind us all that he had Laine ahead of Matthews?

I mean, props to him for owning it, but Laine was closer to Pulujarvi than Matthews in that draft. If I wanted to continue forging a career as a prospect analyst, I would avoid reminding people that I had a stroke one year while doing my rankings.
The stroke is ongoing

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The stroke is ongoing

For a second, I thought a former poster here was being talked about.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I think the first to bring up the Forsberg comparison was ex NHLer Mikael Renberg. Zibanejad was sitting next to him and kind of scuffed at it, said that he thinks Kakko plays more like Matthews. I actually don’t think Matthews on the wing is a bad comparison.

BUT, I do get what people mean with the Forsberg comparison now. Like Forsberg was an extreme playmaker and Kakko isn’t that, Kakko is also taller built. So they are pretty different in many key regards. But they do compete in the same way. And Kakko also has that improvisation ability Forsberg had, and also that aura of thinking that they can take on the world.

Besides looking different , having different body types, playing different, and being from different countries, what don't you see in the comparison ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad