Prospect Info: The Second Overall Pick Thread: Part IV (Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
TBF, It's not impossible that Kakko can play center. It was his original position I believe. I think he's more a natural winger and will be suited there long-term, but it's not impossible they give him a look at C just to see if he can handle it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
TBF, It's not impossible that Kakko can play center. It was his original position I believe. I think he's more a natural winger and will be suited there long-term, but it's not impossible they give him a look at C just to see if he can handle it.

Brooks says that center might be Kakko's best position. That's completely different from saying Kakko can play center

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
From what I've seen I would rather see Kakko at wing. His best hockey recently has been at wing and I don't even think it's close. If center is his best position then he better become a pretty darn good center.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I could have sworn he was a center last year at the U18
Brooks says that center might be Kakko's best position. That's completely different from saying Kakko can play center

You had some numbers for him playing center this year didn’t you? Pretty good showing if I recall correctly

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

You had some numbers for him playing center this year didn’t you? Pretty good showing if I recall correctly

Kotkaniemi was the Center at the U18.

I think he played like all of 4 games at center last year. Small sample size is small.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kotkaniemi was the Center at the U18.

I think he played like all of 4 games at center last year. Small sample size is small.

Kotkaniemi was ONE of the centers lol.

I know because I’m the one here that said don’t be surprised when Montreal takes him 3rd after that performance and sure enough they did!

Kakko I believe played center on that team as well.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

4 games. A really small sample size. Kakko can play center but it isn't his best position, as Brooks says

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I'd much rather see Kakko at wing because it's his natural spot. I wouldn't mind them trying him on center tho.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I'm sure if they want him to play Center he'll be just fine playing center. Hayes was mostly on the wing at BC with Gaudreau and Arnold at C and they decided they wanted to make him a C after signing him too. Now everyone thinks Hayes can't play W at all and is only a C when in college it was the opposite.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Brooks loves to stir the pot. Kakko is really a center!? UH OH the Devils are gonna draft our golden boy! NO!

Let them, and then we'll take the speedier more dynamic player in Hughes. The #1 overall isn't solely based on position, but it does factor in.

There is zero doubt Hughes is more of a pure center than Kakko. I'm sure the Rangers will try Kakko in the middle at some point, just to cross it off the list. His game and his frame are best suited as a winger imo.

Either way we win.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I'm sure if they want him to play Center he'll be just fine playing center. Hayes was mostly on the wing at BC with Gaudreau and Arnold at C and they decided they wanted to make him a C after signing him too. Now everyone thinks Hayes can't play W at all and is only a C when in college it was the opposite.
I thought Hayes played C until that senior season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad