GDT: The Second Half Push Begins: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Colorado Avalanche, 7:30 PM, ESPN+

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I imagine everytime Bucci is calling plays that someone is taking an audio dial and cranking it up to 10 when he nears the end of a sentence. Surely a proffesional broadcaster wouldn’t yell every other SENTENCE!

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Wasn’t able to watch, just listened to Matt and Chico. How did Timo look after the break, did he do anything? Didn’t hear his name at all other than the goalie interference play.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Wasn’t able to watch, just listened to Matt and Chico. How did Timo look after the break, did he do anything? Didn’t hear his name at all other than the goalie interference play.

I thought he played a pretty solid game. I liked what I saw out of him, Haula and Mercer since they got thrown together at the last minute with Toffoli being sick.

He created a couple of plays down low that could have been chances. Had a couple looks in tight from scrambles around the net.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I thought he was just going through the motions honestly. Just a non factor all around.

Reactions: JK3

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I thought he was just going through the motions honestly. Just a non factor all around.

If I have any criticism of him overall, it's his lack of engagement physically that we saw last year. But I have to imagine his injuries are still playing a factor there.

I have a feeling that will come the closer we get to the end of the season and hopefully the postseason .

Am I the only person still upset that A: the refs called that stupid 4 on 4, which is exactly what the Avs were looking for and B: that the whole Avs flurry there started with a blatant offside?

The second it was announced as being 4 on 4, I was bracing for trouble. This is not the team I want to give more available space on the ice.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If I have any criticism of him overall, it's his lack of engagement physically that we saw last year. But I have to imagine his injuries are still playing a factor there.

I have a feeling that will come the closer we get to the end of the season and hopefully the postseason .

The second it was announced as being 4 on 4, I was bracing for trouble. This is not the team I want to give more available space on the ice.
Injuries maybe hampering his performance but this seems to have been going on for a long time. He started the season playing just as poorly as he is now.

I kind of feel like we paid for a super duty hauling truck and are getting Toyota Corolla performance.

Reactions: JK3

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
He drags the speed way down and it's noticable. Last night wasn't great, but it was a bit closer to the way they have to play to be successful. At least imo.
I get that and he is slow but he was also leading the team in goals and struggling without Jack. I think it's going to be tough to find the right line combos when everyone is healthy. Not a lot of guys gel too well together.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Man… that Marino goal had a special feeling. All the boys jumping on the bench, the guys on the ice celebrating hard.

I dunno, I feel like they can build off of this, especially with reinforcements coming soon.

Will be telling to see how they follow-up against the Flames. Don't take foot off the gas due to the opponent. Flames just beat up Boston on their home ice.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
A game they cab deff build off of. 4 even strength goals , a good game for Vitek , penwlty kill going 3 for 3 and the team was great in the face off dot as well even without McLeod.

The bad would be giving up the 1st goal , the powerplay going 0 for 3 staying ice cold , the big stretch of the 3rd period in which they got outplayed. Outshot 17 to 4 in the 3rd period is not good but they found a way to win to pull a big win. Vitek robbing MacKinnon kept them in it because the Avs had all the momentum going for them at that time of the game late in the 3rd.

Basically the Devils had a pretty good 1st period , a great 2nd and a poor 3rd but what matters is they found a way to win it and the goaltending didn't sink them.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Might I also add :

Colin Miller has a friggin' cannon.

I didn't expect him to have THIS type of shot when the Devil acquired him.

I thought he was just going to be another depth defenseman.
He looks like he is worth keeping around. I'm not sure if Smith will be brought back. I like what I see from Milller. He's a good 3rd pairing guy who can pinch into the top 4 when needed.

Hamilton , Siegenthaler , Hughes , Nemec , Marino & Bahl are all pretty much locks next year. Miller might not want to play as a 7th D and not have guaranteed minutes so keeping him might not be too easy.

Last edited:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
NmQD1PF.gif

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Timo,Haula and Mercer line was the best line on the devils last night

Hard to go through the motions when you were apart of the best line

To the in arena eye test, Timo looked good to very good in moments.

He was involved, drove some plays, got some pucks to the net, assist on the mercer goal. Hard nosed play to net. He had jump.

Yes, I don't get the Timo looked like going through the motions last night thought. At least not in this game.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Timo was fine except for that awful bobble on a one-timer that ended up in the Devils net 25-30 seconds later. Can't do that stuff. He got lucky that the goal was called back but it's absolutely a spot where you just can't flub the puck, have to get a shot away and hopefully one on net.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad