The Saint Mikael Granlund hypetrain part 2 (saucer passes turning to wine!)

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Granlund tied at first in points at Karjala tournament 5 pts in 3 games. others who had 5 pts are Radulov and J. Immonen. It's clear to say that he was best prospect of that tournament. I liked Järnkrok, Vatanen, Petrov and Kuznetsov. Disappointed with Tarasenko. Gustafsson the wild prospect goalie impressed me aswell.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
So, Granlund looked pretty fresh and even shifty tonight. Created a couple of scoring chances and got two assists on PP. One shot hit the crossbar. Nice game. Too bad they lost it. Well, it was meaningless match.

Now Granlund should keep up this outlook and still continue developing the rest of the season and it looks good.

Edit: And Granlund once again top3 in scoring. It's no surprise but it makes me wonder how many points he will put up as a rookie. And yes, Vatanen was impressive.

Last edited:

Rimbe

Sep 20, 2011
Finland
So, Granlund looked pretty fresh and even shifty tonight. Created a couple of scoring chances and got two assists on PP. One shot hit the crossbar. Nice game. Too bad they lost it. Well, it was meaningless match.

Now Granlund should keep up this outlook and still continue developing the rest of the season and it looks good.

I don't know about his overall game but his saucer passes will keep fluttering :sarcasm:

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
I don't know about his overall game but his saucer passes will keep fluttering :sarcasm:

Yes, they will. But it is insignificant. I think there are only a handful of players who deliver flawless saucer passes. Most of the saucer passes of elite pro players are just fluttering ****.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

Pretty nice pass on 1-0.

Tournament all-star:

Granlund-Immonen-Radulov
Vatanen-Nikulin
Barulin

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Granlund is a passing wizard. That's old news. BUT I must say Granlund looked almost fast today in a couple of occasions. "Speedy Michael Granlund"!

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Eligible indeed but why should he participate? I know he will but why? He plays in the national team already and will be in a key role in the WC 2012. That should be enough for him. But no. He wants to play in WJC too. He should prioritize.

To win it for Suomi. Did you see the madness after they won the World Championships last season? For a country of 5 million, those honors mean a lot. But, aren't you Finnish? Why should i be explaining that to you? :)

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
To win it for Suomi. Did you see the madness after they won the World Championships last season? For a country of 5 million, those honors mean a lot. But, aren't you Finnish? Why should i be explaining that to you? :)

And WJC is actually considered a bigger/more important event than the WC's, atleast in North America. That's not the case in Finland, tho

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Bookman, you are a Finn? Great. In that case you know that WJC is nothing compared to WC (well, WC...!) in Finland unlike in NA where it is just the opposite. People wouldn't celebrate spontaneously if Finland happened to win U20 championship. Plus it's very unlikely to happen. One (or two) Granlund won't change that. It will be very hard to get any medal there harder than win something in WC next spring.
I think he will only jeopardize his season by playing there and risking injury. He should say thanks, but no thanks. It's for children! It is interesting though to see him in WJC, I don't deny that. But Finland wins NADA there.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
So he should be rather dominant then to say the least. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Maybe against smaller countries but not against Canada or USA. Don't expect miracles. He isn't the only prospect there...

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
So he should be rather dominant then to say the least. Looking forward to seeing him play.

He really should. Hell, he's looking dominant against all pro adult national teams. Of course much has to do with team chemistry blablabla but Finland actually has decent lineup if you look at the forwards. If the defense can perform a bit above their average level Finland could be a top 3-team in this years tournament.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Bookman, you are a Finn? Great. In that case you know that WJC is nothing compared to WC (well, WC...!) in Finland unlike in NA where it is just the opposite. People wouldn't celebrate spontaneously if Finland happened to win U20 championship. Plus it's very unlikely to happen. One (or two) Granlund won't change that. It will be very hard to get any medal there harder than win something in WC next spring.
I think he will only jeopardize his season by playing there and risking injury. He should say thanks, but no thanks. It's for children! It is interesting though to see him in WJC, I don't deny that. But Finland wins NADA there.

Well all right then.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Maybe against smaller countries but not against Canada or USA. Don't expect miracles. He isn't the only prospect there...

He's playing at over a point-per-game pace in a men's league as a 19 year old. I'd say he should be able to dominate against Canada and USA as well.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
He's playing at over a point-per-game pace in a men's league as a 19 year old. I'd say he should be able to dominate against Canada and USA as well.

Dominate? Hardly. Play well? Likely. I don't understand these overblown expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad