Tribute The Rebuild Poll: 2023-24 Playoffs or Tanking?

What side of the fence are you on?

• Team Tank (sell everyone born before Y2K)

• Playoffs Bandwagon (maybe not buyers but definetly feeling it)

• The Muddy Middle (not sellers or buyers- the whatever approach)

Results are only viewable after voting.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Want to use this as a barometer to see where we are at.

Will leave this poll open to people changing their minds throughout the season.

So are you on Team Tank or you riding in the Playoffs Bandwagon? Ill add a third option for indecisive folks.

IMG_0961.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

IMG_0963.jpeg

Last edited:

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
This team need more pure offensive talent, a C would be preferable.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If we expected Dach and Newhook back soon then I'd feel a bit more torn as to whether we could make a playoff push worth our while. Besides, what do we do when we get there? This team is not anywhere near playoff-ready. One more injury in our top-6 or top-4 and we're playing AHL players in key positions.

It's gotta be tank and preferably sooner rather than later. Adding a forward from this year's top-10 would be a game-changer down the line.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I prefer to get a higher puck but i’m also just going with what happens. I think the team is bad enough well end up there anyway so no use cheering for losses or any of that

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Suzuki was born before Y2K, and I'm not sure even the most pro-tank posters are saying we should trade him to tank harder. We should be sellers, but we shouldn't be going full scorched earth which doesn't seem to be an option in the poll.

Reactions: barbu

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
The NHL is so shitty now and most teams are still in the hunt for a playoff spot making it difficult for teams to decide what they want to do. Playoffs are far more entertaining than the regular season and the attempt to get in down the line will make things interesting and hopefully exciting. If Montreal wants to tank,do it right this time!

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Are people now incapable of non-binary opinions? Where does « the prospects who make the team should not be purely playing with other prospects» and « losing on purpose breeds losers » and « not watching if they are losing on purpose » fit in? They are building and getting better, more of that please.

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
I think sellers for sure, but I wouldn't be mad if they made the playoffs or won a few games. So I guess not a tanker, but a cautious artillery.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We are going to slowly drop as we have the worst goal differential in the conference. trading Monty would likely have put us in the celebrini race but it's more likely we're not getting a top 3 pick now that they've knighted Monty the starter.

It is what it is. We're going for steady improvement instead of trying to get elite talent to be a real contender. I think we're pacing to end up more like the Weber Suter Nashville days.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
What's the point of this team making the playoffs when they would in all likelihood fizzle out in the first round? A top pick is needed if they want to become better than a bubble team in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad