The Rangers Have 5 Second Round Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
I'm looking at these mock drafts and you guys only have the Rangers with three second round picks; it should have been four, and now it's five.

The Rangers have their own pick at 36, Florida's pick at 37, Edmonton's pick at 44, the Umberger compensation pick at 46 and Montreal's pick at 48.

Everybody has Edmonton with the 44th pick..they traded it and Helminen to the Rangers for Nedved and Markannen at the deadline.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=1139

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has acquired forward Dwight Helminen, a second round selection in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft and goaltender Stephen Valiquette from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for center Petr Nedved and goaltender Jussi Markkanen.

Last edited:

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
The Ranger - Oiler pick is it the edmonton pick or is it the compensation pick for the Brian Leetch signing. which doesnt (as far as i know) have an exact number yet.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
frisland said:
The Ranger - Oiler pick is it the edmonton pick or is it the compensation pick for the Brian Leetch signing. which doesnt (as far as i know) have an exact number yet.

Hmm..I didn't think of that. However, if it was the Leetch pick, that would have had to have been mentioned in the deal as future considerations, since the Oilers couldn't exactly trade it since it has yet to been rewarded. Do you get what I'm saying? The press release specifically said a second round pick, if it was the Leetch pick I'm pretty sure it would have had to have said future considerations. But I could be wrong, anyone have a link saying it is the Leetch pick? This is the first time I heard that.

EDIT: I just read on the Oilers board that the Rangers will get the higher pick, between the Leetch compensatory pick or the Oilers' 44th pick. Sweet.

Last edited:

Kings86

Nov 21, 2002
Santa Monica
Visit site
Draft Guru said:
The Rangers have their own pick at 36, Florida's pick at 37, Edmonton's pick at 44, the Umberger compensation pick at 46 and Montreal's pick at 48.[/I]

Is the Umberger compensation pick in '04 or '05? The Kings are getting a 2nd round comp pick for not signing Steckel (picked in the same draft as Umberger) in the '05 draft per the interview on the Kings board with King's Director of Scouting Al Murray.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kings86 said:
Is the Umberger compensation pick in '04 or '05? The Kings are getting a 2nd round comp pick for not signing Steckel (picked in the same draft as Umberger) in the '05 draft per the interview on the Kings board with King's Director of Scouting Al Murray.

the comp pick is in this years draft

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Draft Guru said:
EDIT: I just read on the Oilers board that the Rangers will get the higher pick, between the Leetch compensatory pick or the Oilers' 44th pick. Sweet.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kings86 said:

i figured out why the comp pick for steckel would be in 2005. steckel just graduated from ohio state and the kings hold his rights till 1 year after he leaves school, so the kings have until june 1, 2005 to sign him or they will get a comp pick for losing him in the next draft which will be the 2005 draft.

since umberger left school a year early, he had to be signed a year early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad