Speculation: The Price for Jack Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I just read an article that said the Rangers inquired about trading for Eichel and were told the price would be Lafreniere + Kaako + 1st.

I'm assuming the article is just media fodder, but if not, are thr Sabres delusional? Anyone who thinks they get that return is out of their minds.

Do you have a source for this article. Out of curiosity, I would like to read it.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Might be their ask, but that won't be the return. Especially once his NMC kicks in.
This is still a long way off and the GM is probably exploring the possibility of trade him before its NMC kiks in.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
It would certainly make the rangers a better team as we stand today but that may come back to bite them and quickly if that trade happened. Still, Eichel and Panarin would be amazing to watch for years to come for ranger fans and it's hard to pass that up.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Sounds about right to me.
If anything I think the Sabres shouldn't trade Eichel for only wingers..

Rangers probably should add atleast one of their young D prospects in Miller / Lundkvist at the very least.
Even then I would look for another package that includes a young top tier quality C (prospect) and a shit ton of + first before I consider this.

Devilinlillinois

Jun 5, 2015
I mean seems right to me trading for a still young franchise center it's going to cost you. Some names you might not like seeing going back the other way

Reactions: EK392000

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Seems about right. Feel like it would make more sense for Chytil or Zibanejad to be included as a replacement up the middle though.

Eichel is a proven superstar center. But up multiple PPG+ seasons with little help on terrible Sabres teams.

Could put up 100P+ playing with Panarin. I wouldn't deal him for anything less.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I mean it's probably in the ball park but if I'm the Rangers don't do it. Cap management is huge and having elite players on their ELC is the difference between having 4 really good lines or 2 really good lines.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Matthews is better then Eichel.....
Matthews is a better player, but not by that much. Eichel has a much better contract.

As to the rumoured offer, it's heavy, but probably fair (once you include some salary going back to buffalo). When is the last time a top 5 center, controlled for 5+ seasons on a solid contract was traded? There's no comparable. There's a very strong chance that Eichel is the best piece in the trade.

Reactions: Dache

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If I were Rangers I’d offer that and run, neither Kakko nor Laf looking like a franchise player material right now.
Neither did Barkov at this point of his career in the NHL compared to Kakko.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
More like would definitely put up 100p+ playing with Panarin.

Yeah they'd work very well together imo. Both are more pass first but they have lethal shots to go along with it and the instincts to know when they have a glorious scoring chance to convert. Still if this hypothetical trade did happen, I could see them pairing Zib and Panarin together and maybe Eichel with Krieder on another line, which would still be a deadly top 6. So they may not play together but would still have PP time together I'd imagine and end game situations where they need a goal.

Reactions: 6zag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad