GDT: The Powerhouse @ NHL Draft Lottery | 2nd Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Yeesh, daydreaming aside, that would be a tough one to pull off.

Getting into the top 10, especially in this draft, is going to be hard.

I have a difficult time seeing a team giving up a top 8 pick for Kreider, and I think that’s what you need to get a kid like Zegras.

Even if you have a scenario where a team like Florida is willing to give up a their pick, you still have to then try to package that pick and another pick to make that move.

And at that point, it starts to feel overly complicated and like something from a video game. Which is usually a good indication that it’s not realistic.

Newhook tho

Reactions: jas

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Athletic ranked us as having the 11th best system going into this season.

Gotta be nearing top 3 at this point.
11th? after the D1 seasons Nils and Miller had that will be 5/6 with Kakko plus 2-3 more first rounders make it top 1/2/3

Reactions: RGY

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Really ??? they have some nice young depth on the d. Actually some real nice depth. I think they go forward
they have jokiharju and boqvist on the right. keith isn’t getting any younger. that dude gustafsson had a 60 point seasom but he’s like 27 so obviously that’s sketchy as hell lol

But yeah they could use a guy like Byram for sure. I question their willingness to wait on Podkolzin’s arrival. I’m guessing that Bowman is looking to reload for a run this offseason, and I don’t blame him. Their talent up front is phenomenal. They have two elite pairings. Toews-Kane and Strome-DeBrincat. They need help on D, they need more structure.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Gotta go, Rangers made me forget there was a Mets game to be watched. It's all good.
Good night guys, and congrats to all here!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The Athletic ranked us as having the 11th best system going into this season.

Gotta be nearing top 3 at this point.

Kakko or Hughes automatically puts you in the top 5 or 6.

Hit with the Winnipeg pick, or end up with first from Dallas and/or Tampa? Yeah, I think the Rangers are in that fight.

Reactions: egelband and RGY

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Everyone off the ledge now? Okay, I have to say...... that it is astonishing how this team has been turned over. Having literally NO ONE in Hartford worth a damn 2 years ago (or is it 1?) transformed into what we have now....and adding MORE talent this draft and next? Astonishing I say, I am 58 and really wasn't expecting to ever see our boys have a shot, let alone lifting a cup......well, now it seems I have a shot. Maybe.
It’s a great day!!!LGR!!!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
they have jokiharju and boqvist on the right. keith isn’t getting any younger. that dude gustafsson had a 60 point seasom but he’s like 27 so obviously that’s sketchy as hell lol

But yeah they could use a guy like Byram for sure. I question their willingness to wait on Podkolzin’s arrival. I’m guessing that Bowman is looking to reload for a run this offseason, and I don’t blame him. Their talent up front is phenomenal. They have two elite pairings. Toews-Kane and Strome-DeBrincat. They need help on D, they need more structure.
I think they can't go wrong with Byram or Cozens for sure. I'm just happy they are at 3

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I felt bad for him with that fake smile. I know we are biased but you cant compare playing for the rangers or blackhawks vs devils.
Thought exactly the same. He so wanted to play for the Ra gers or Chicago. Haha, he will probably be a Devil. Hope red is his favorite color at least.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Kakko or Hughes automatically puts you in the top 5 or 6.

Hit with the Winnipeg pick, or end up with first from Dallas and/or Tampa? Yeah, I think the Rangers are in that fight.
Kakko. Miller, Lundkvist, Shestyorkin, Rykov, Hajek, and Chytil/Lias/Howds at the NHL level.

My heart just raced a bit.

All hail Jeff grotans

Reactions: Off Sides

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Would’ve loved to have had that first, but this is a HUGE day for this franchise.

And frankly, this has a chance to be a unifying moment for 99 percent of this board. A rare moment.

There’s no debate who to take. It’s the remaining of Kakko or Hughes who doesn’t go first.
U coming to Vancouver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad