The Post TDL Presser , Highlights, Lowlights and Memes

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Good Morning HF habs...

I had the luxury of being on vacation (Costa Rica) for the last 3 weeks, So I missed the TDL and all the garbage leading up to it. I must say it was really nice to completely disconnect from this sad state of a team and must say I am refreshed. Now I am back to my routine and thirsty for answers...

I saw briefly that we went on a winning streak and lost a few cogs in our mighty tank and traded Pleks

I ask you , can you please provide me with a few of the key messages from our country club manager during the post deadline presser?

Did we get an answer on why not more trades were made(Patches)?

what is the path moving forward from our snake-oil salesmen GM?

Any notable quotes (memes) that I would get a great kick out of?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort on responding to my post.

-TankToad

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Welcome back! I hope you had a great time.

Frankly, there is no comparison between what you did and what the rest of us continued to endure while we were here. You actually did yourself a favor, one that we all should do for ourselves.

For the presser, you didn't miss much. A lot of us skipped it. If you want our reactions: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/marc-bergevin-press-conference-5-30pm.2455827/page-4

I don't think he addressed Pacioretty specifically and I don't think it would have been prudent for him to comment on the potential trade of a player that is still rostered, so for that, you're better off with what pundits said at the time -- which had to do with a combo of Bergevin asking too much for Pacioretty plus since he was asking for one or more roster players, playoff teams wanted to keep their roster players in anticipation of the playoffs so it made no sense for them to acquire Pacioretty now.

As for the path moving forward, Bergevin confirmed he'd be at the draft. And that was corroborated by a recent video that Geoff posted on HabsTV, which vomits the usual pablum about how he trusts Marc to make the team better come September, which everyone took to mean that Bergevin will continue to be trusted. Operative words from Geoff's remarks: they're going to be looking for "youth, speed and character", which prompted a lot of us to ask why skill is such a difficult word for them to pronounce.

For the memes, I'd suggest all the GDTs and PGTs since you left, they shouldn't be that difficult to spot. There have been classic lines that have emerged, such as jaffy's story when he was at the Kabana Club with his Romanian GF and Drouin passed by and ogled her and jaffy warded him off by giving him a dirty look (adding "no ballz"), the quote is prominently featured in the OP of one of the GDTs. There has also been a theme that emerged from W3K posting about how he was skipping this one game and instead watch Veronica on Netflix with his GF, while consuming THC gummies.

You'll find that all or most of the GDTs and PGTs during the timespan, include several memes in the OP of each of the foregoing threads, just in case you're not inclined to go through too many pages.

Hoping this helps.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Welcome back! I hope you had a great time.

Frankly, there is no comparison between what you did and what the rest of us continued to endure while we were here. You actually did yourself a favor, one that we all should do for ourselves.

For the presser, you didn't miss much. A lot of us skipped it. If you want our reactions: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/marc-bergevin-press-conference-5-30pm.2455827/page-4

I don't think he addressed Pacioretty specifically and I don't think it would have been prudent for him to comment on the potential trade of a player that is still rostered, so for that, you're better off with what pundits said at the time -- which had to do with a combo of Bergevin asking too much for Pacioretty plus since he was asking for one or more roster players, playoff teams wanted to keep their roster players in anticipation of the playoffs so it made no sense for them to acquire Pacioretty now.

As for the path moving forward, Bergevin confirmed he'd be at the draft. And that was corroborated by a recent video that Geoff posted on HabsTV, which vomits the usual pablum about how he trusts Marc to make the team better come September, which everyone took to mean that Bergevin will continue to be trusted. Operative words from Geoff's remarks: they're going to be looking for "youth, speed and character", which prompted a lot of us to ask why skill is such a difficult word for them to pronounce.

For the memes, I'd suggest all the GDTs and PGTs since you left, they shouldn't be that difficult to spot. There have been classic lines that have emerged, such as jaffy's story when he was at the Kabana Club with his Romanian GF and Drouin passed by and ogled her and jaffy warded him off by giving him a dirty look (adding "no ballz"), the quote is prominently featured in the OP of one of the GDTs. There has also been a theme that emerged from W3K posting about how he was skipping this one game and instead watch Veronica on Netflix with his GF, while consuming THC gummies.

You'll find that all or most of the GDTs and PGTs during the timespan, include several memes in the OP of each of the foregoing threads, just in case you're not inclined to go through too many pages.

Hoping this helps.

Thanks Runner, appreciate the response.
I was really surprised that we didn't move more players consider we were "sellers" . Disappointed at the trade deadline considering what the rangers decided to do with that tear down.

That is awful that Molson gave old Marc another vote of confidence... so we are seeing Marc in September (BARF)

As for the memes, I was present for Jaffy's stare down but not W3K watching Veronica!

Thanks.

Mods can close this thread.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Thanks Runner, appreciate the response.
I was really surprised that we didn't move more players consider we were "sellers" . Disappointed at the trade deadline considering what the rangers decided to do with that tear down.

That is awful that Molson gave old Marc another vote of confidence... so we are seeing Marc in September (BARF)

As for the memes, I was present for Jaffy's stare down but not W3K watching Veronica!

Thanks.

Mods can close this thread.

The only thing that needs to be added.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad