The Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Whenever someone questions Scheifele's production's sustainability... this piece of information might be of use.

Scheifele's last 150 games on 2 December, 2017: 65 G, 94A = 159P.

Do we have a sample size large enough to finally debunk the narrative of Scheifele riding a high shooting percentage? Also, counting from the beginning of 2016-17 season, he is third in scoring among centers and fifth overall. That's beautiful.

Scheif has the highest shot quality in the league, and also has a good shot. We should expect his sh% to be near the top of the league, but I do think it will come down somewhat

Reactions: Jetsfareast

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Ohhhh I have a lot to be positive about. Jets are playing great and exciting hockey, Moose are destroying teams right now, I have come up with the coolest idea for my Man-Cave that I'm beyond excited for, Kat Dennings noodz :D, don't have to have Christmas Diner at my place (this falls onto my sister this year), have pre-screening tickets for Star Wars The Last Jedi on the 14th, being told I look 23 when in fact I'm 36, my fiance's parents buying us these rad Advent Calanders that would make baby jesus jealous, the new Punisher series on Netflix is amaze balls, Star Wars Battfront II being better than expected and of course I'm thankful for my amazing daughter and my good looks.

Reactions: DashingDane

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ohhhh I have a lot to be positive about. Jets are playing great and exciting hockey, Moose are destroying teams right now, I have come up with the coolest idea for my Man-Cave that I'm beyond excited for, Kat Dennings noodz :D, don't have to have Christmas Diner at my place (this falls onto my sister this year), have pre-screening tickets for Star Wars The Last Jedi on the 14th, being told I look 23 when in fact I'm 36, my fiance's parents buying us these rad Advent Calanders that would make baby jesus jealous, the new Punisher series on Netflix is amaze balls, Star Wars Battfront II being better than expected and of course I'm thankful for my amazing daughter and my good looks.
Hockey Professor, is that you??? o_O

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets are still in 1st PLACE in the WEST !!!!

2 days now,, YES

Laine keeps finding ways to get points
4th Line is money... Other teams will always key on the top 2 lines. JETS 4th line is game changer. This will be awesome if the team makes the playoff.
Really great for Perrault and Buff and Little to embrace the changes, but when team is winning like this - it's a little bit easier to swallow than losing.

3rd D pair is gold as well

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I wrote a column last year about how the expectations needed to be through the roof for this team because it had everything you need to win a Stanley Cup. I'm finally seeing it come to fruition.

Top 5 Centre in the NHL - Check
Elite Talent at Wing - Check
D-core that is great at moving the puck - Check

The only non-check was goaltending, and now that's coming around. The jets have to be one of the most complete teams in the NHL.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
let-s-face-it-we-re-awesome.png

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Tied for first overall
Pleasantly surprise
Very happy with the Jets team play
After losses in the first two games of the season I thought this would be another ho hum season
Jets proved me wrong
Good job Jets!

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Jets last 10 home games, as you probably know, 9-0-1.

Combined score over that time: 51-22

This team is goooood.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Hey Kyle. You can’t win rookie of the year if you admit you’re 36. And you’re with the Jets now, not the Moose.

I may be 36 but I feel no different now then when I was 18, definitely not a spring chicken anymore but age is just a number my friend and it's a very exciting time to be not only be a Jets fan but a Moose fan as well.

giphy.gif
star-wars-dance2.gif

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
Can’t wait for this Saturday, going to the moose game at 2 then watching the clash of the titans when we play Tampa that night! I am absolutely BUZZING right now his team is awesome

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Some stats guy on TSN 1290 just said that we aren't a first place team like Tampa. (Based on stats obviously - he's a stats guy). We are good but I think he said like a top three in the central team.

He is wrong and is going to eat crow this year.

Screw the Corsi, win the Scorsi!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Some stats guy on TSN 1290 just said that we aren't a first place team like Tampa. (Based on stats obviously - he's a stats guy). We are good but I think he said like a top three in the central team.

Well the Jets have been doing both lately. Since November 17:
1st in the NHL in 5v5 adjCF%
1st in the NHL in 5v5 adjCF/60

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg

I think it was mike kelly... it was the guy that did the Chef shot quality video.... it also sounded like he took a swipe at dellow or garrets article in the athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad