The Playoff Avatar Thread - Vote in the poll!

Best playoff avatars?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I cannot give enough credit to @SUBdrewgANS and @Tweed - dudes nailed it. The end the drought may be the funniest one. I may be biased.

I can't take any credit for the avatars, all I did was advocate for letting a Pro Designer "do his thing".
@SUBdrewgANS is the magician behind this sweet set of Pitty Avis, it's all him :)

giphy.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As a product of the Vegas board's indecisiveness here are ours. Credit to @TK for slide 1. Theme "Real Contenders"

ezgif-4-0c96c029debb.gif
ezgif-4-3f3fb2e7f19c.gif
ezgif-4-7d2fbd4f75c1.gif
marchy.gif

Tuch.gif
Stastny.gif
Subban.gif
Miller.gif

Stone.gif
Fleury.gif
Holden.gif
Gusev.gif

Merrill.gif
Pacioretty.gif
Eakin.gif
Schmidt.gif

bandwagon.gif

For context into the origin of the theme: The Knights went on a pretty strong winning streak after acquiring Stone, but once third in the division seemed a virtual lock it seemed like they had given up on trying resulting in some very frustrating hockey to watch. This sparked a debate on whether or not they should fully save their energy for the postseason or at least play the fundamentals of the game well enough to be sharp when they roll into the first round. From there, every awful play would get called "Real Contender passing" or a "Real Contender powerplay."

Probably not as funny to everyone else but to us the team board specific meme felt like it had to be the theme.

Last edited:

Aug 3, 2010
Hey folks.

Made a general-use Calgary playoff avatar for anyone who is interested. Thought about doing the whole roster but for now Giordano is the default. Feel free to use if you like it.

HFBoards-compliant size (sad resolution/animation)

HFBoards Ploffs 18-19.gif

Non-HFBoards compliant, original version (use it somewhere else?)

2019-2019 Playoffs.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad