OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I think it's silly, but it is what coaches do, and don't forget Roth was slated to be third string behind Maddox and Batch, before injuries hit them both.

It's not like Cowher had some infinite wisdom and started Roth over his vet guys. He was his last resort.

Reality is, MT was anointed the starter March 17th.

Tomlin thinks this is a playoff team and robble robble.

Things felt so dire for this team last season, but KP getting drafted and showing well in the preseason, has given a kind of hope I didn't think we would see for many years TBTH.

So having that kind of hope makes it way easier to watch this pre-determined process play out.

What's your threshold/expectation for when KP should be elevated to #2?

Honestly, I believe the Steelers were expecting a rash of QB injuries in camp and MR would be shipped out. There likely is hope by the FO that he's ultimately gone before the TDL

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I just want to go up to Tomlin and ruffle his hair and tell him how the whole "I won't tell you my QB thoughts" routine is just adorable but maybe he shouldn't do it if he doesn't want the other kids to make fun of him when he starts middle school.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like Pickett is now #2 people…Tomlin was not a boob about this at least…he has other things we can still complain about however lol….

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
There we go…much better

I really don’t get this at all. Trubisky made a pro bowl in Chicago with one decent WR and his top target being a scat back. If he’s not at least in the top half of the league stats wise this year I’d be shocked

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
How much did we pay Tribisky? I don't see him as that bad. If they are basing it off preseason, then it means nothing.

I think they’re basing it on past seasons…and that he hasn’t really played in more than a year…but who knows…take this with a grain of salt…I don’t think he’s the worst starting QB but hes probably in the bottom 10…let’s see…he might surprise like Tannehill did when he went from Miami to Tenn

Reactions: Night Shift

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
That list has Geno Smith at like 21 above Baker Mayfield and other qb's who are clearly better imo.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

The list is bad and the author should feel bad.

Also 2 and 3 on the qb depth chart doesn't matter. Pickett is coming in if anything goes wrong with Trubiski.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So far what I've seen of Trubisky is that he's gonna be his surroundings 90% of the time. And his surroundings are exciting in terms of who he throws to, intriguing in terms of who will get him on the field where and with what score, concerning in terms of who will them what throws to make, and a Hieronymous Bosch acid-inspired dream level of terror at who is in front of him.

So I'm not going to argue with anyone ranking him low until I see the latter two shake out okay.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What's your threshold/expectation for when KP should be elevated to #2?

Honestly, I believe the Steelers were expecting a rash of QB injuries in camp and MR would be shipped out. There likely is hope by the FO that he's ultimately gone before the TDL

I suspect this season is going to be a train wreck.

Not like 5-12, but 7-10, 8-9. So seems like there will be opportunities there for KP.

My biggest gut feeling on KP, is all based on weeks 1-6.

If MT keeps them around 3-3 or above he will play the rest of the season barring injury.

2-4 or 1-5 and KP will replace him.

Looks like Pickett is now #2 people…Tomlin was not a boob about this at least…he has other things we can still complain about however lol….

He said it was a clerical error… which is weird because anyone with a brain would have known as they reviewed that copy before a press release, KP third string would get ppl chattering.

Whatever - made me laugh and that’s all I care about really.

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I really don’t get this at all. Trubisky made a pro bowl in Chicago with one decent WR and his top target being a scat back. If he’s not at least in the top half of the league stats wise this year I’d be shocked

How was Chicago's Oline that year? Legit asking bc I don't follow them closely.

MT (or whatever QB) is going to be running for his life....

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
So they totally f***ed up the K Green pick, but this was interesting:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/09/kozor ... ick-green/

There is no question Pittsburgh misevaluated Green coming out. I can’t get over Mike Tomlin’s comments about their reason to draft Green in the third round of last years draft. Gritting my teeth reading it over, a reminder of what Tomlin said.
Curious comment from Mike Tomlin in his weekly Sunday interview with Bob Labriola.

Acknowledges Steelers needed NFL ready center. Says Kendrick Green was that guy despite leaving school early and primarily playing guard at Illinois. Doesn't add up. #Steelers
The money quote.
“We knew we were looking for a center who was game ready, so we were looking for a senior, a guy who played four years of college football like he did at Illinois, as opposed to somebody who was an underclassman with upside who may be less of a finished product”.

Kendrick Green was:

-Not a center
-Not game ready
-Not a senior
-An underclassman with upside who was less of a finished product

The complete opposite of what Tomlin said.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Steelers are retiring Franco Harris Number 32 against the Raiders on Christmas Eve
Great, but bitterly ironic given Franco (and Rocky) missed the game against the Raiders in which the '76 Steelers could have cemented their reputation as one of the greatest teams ever. But a lot of people forget how ****ing good that Raiders team was, unfortunately. At least I got to see them - frozen feet and all - beat them the year before in the Ice Bowl. What a great rivalry that was.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Great, but bitterly ironic given Franco (and Rocky) missed the game against the Raiders in which the '76 Steelers could have cemented their reputation as one of the greatest teams ever. But a lot of people forget how ****ing good that Raiders team was, unfortunately. At least I got to see them - frozen feet and all - beat them the year before in the Ice Bowl. What a great rivalry that was.

Jack Tatum was well before my time, but I’ve heard/read he was a real POS.

Never apologized about his dirty hit on Stingley - I think that was a preseason game to make it even more f***ed up.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Our Steelers were downright saints compared to the Raiders' "criminal element", which I think was Chuck Noll's term. I think Tatum and Atkinson were at the heart of that element. Of course Mel Blount would physically abuse WRs, but all within the rules of the game. ;)

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So, the exciting news was retiring Franco’s number???

The man will show up to events for a free subway sandwich.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Tomlin said:

"It was a clerical error. The cut and paste component was the cut and paste component. I know you were hoping for a little bit more colorful explanation, but it is what it is."

I had to confirm this is the actual quote in 3 different places because I assumed it was a parody when I saw it on Twitter.

I guess the copy/paste function was below the line, if you will

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Tomlin said:

"It was a clerical error. The cut and paste component was the cut and paste component. I know you were hoping for a little bit more colorful explanation, but it is what it is."

I had to confirm this is the actual quote in 3 different places because I assumed it was a parody when I saw it on Twitter.

I guess the copy/paste function was below the line, if you will
They have a next man up mentality now that Clippy from Microsoft Word is out. They'll get back in the lab and work on their formatting capabilities and such. However, they will not live in their fears of clerical errors.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They have a next man up mentality now that Clippy from Microsoft Word is out. They'll get back in the lab and work on their formatting capabilities and such. However, they will not live in their fears of clerical errors.

Someone unleashed a hell of a typo I guess.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad