OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
All 6 division games in the final 8 weeks is so weird
Considering our schedule, I'd rather it be like that, than say play the Bengals or Ravens in week two with our Rookies at C and RT. They'll have time to adjust plus a bye week. Tough schedule but as to how it unfolds it's probably beneficial. Gotta kill it the first 10 weeks.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
If all the leaks are true...

4 straight division games and then a murderers row to end the season

Week 11 vs BAL
Week 12 @ CLE (TNF)
Week 13 @ CIN
Week 14 vs CLE
Week 15 @ PHI
Week 16 @ BAL (SAT)
Week 17 vs KAN (XMAS)
Week 18 vs CIN

That is f***ing brutal

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

Week 11 vs BAL
Week 12 @ CLE (TNF)
Week 13 @ CIN
Week 14 vs CLE
Week 15 @ PHI
Week 16 @ BAL (SAT)
Week 17 vs KAN (XMAS)
Week 18 vs CIN

Damn that’s a brutal schedule after the bye. For an offense with a lot of question marks, it might not be the worst thing to have a lighter schedule early on and hopefully be a somewhat well oiled machine by the time things get awful.

Reactions: Factorial

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
OK, so is the only way to see the christmas game through netflix? That's unamerican if so! That's BS.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Week 11 vs BAL
Week 12 @ CLE (TNF)
Week 13 @ CIN
Week 14 vs CLE
Week 15 @ PHI
Week 16 @ BAL (SAT)
Week 17 vs KAN (XMAS)
Week 18 vs CIN

Whoa. That's brutal.

This could get really ugly. Could easily only land 2 wins in that stretch.

Reactions: Pengwins

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Damn that’s a brutal schedule after the bye. For an offense with a lot of question marks, it might not be the worst thing to have a lighter schedule early on and hopefully be a somewhat well oiled machine by the time things get awful.

Could be. Could be it'd be better to get the games you're probably losing regardless out the way early and save the winnable ones for after things gel together.

Could be it's best to forget all about that a little and just focus on the Steelers. Injuries can make anything whack (Bengals-Seahawks-Ravens wasn't mean to be a cupcake season ender, but it was) and this team's improvement or lack will control a lot of their destiny anyway.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I really hope that Payton Wilson turns into a stud MLB. He speaks so well and always has an answer. I love the intensity he plays with. Even more so than Bush, I am really excited about the prospect of him and Queen running and gunning together. It's going to really open things up for TJ/Highsmith/Herbig also. Our speed at LB went up 10 fold this offseason.

Not related to the Steelers to say but it’s so god damn dumb that these NFL games keep jumping to different sources. Games are on Netflix now? Seriously?

The absolute oversaturation of streaming services makes me almost miss cable from 10-15 years ago.
I just said this to my wife. I almost just want to turn the f***ing TV on, hit GUIDE and that's all there is. This is getting truly absurd. I honestly haven't watched any sort of TV/movie in years. I have enough shit to read about and watch online, I really don't even miss it. It was just background noise 99% of the time anyway.

I had a *Old Man Yells At Cloud* moment the other day. My co-worker told me to watch a show. I asked him if it was on TV? He said, "Apple TV." I said, "I'm not watching it."

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not really all that concerned about re-signing Heyward to a 3 year deal. Calais Campbell is still doing pretty well at this point and he was 37 last year. Feel free to dismiss PFF, but it had him at a 80.0 player grade at age 37 last year and he had 6.5 sacks and 10 TFL last year.

The Steelers DL looked like a major red flag going forward with needing to replace both Heyward and Ogunjobi, but Heyward sticking around at least kicks that can down the road a bit. They should still take a LE in the 2025 draft though, because I personally think Ogunjobi sucks and Heyward is going to continue to need more support from Benton and their LE as he gets older.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
That's the thing with Cam - even a pretty well wore down Cam is a solid rotational player late into his 30's because of his size and strength. Once his pecs and tris start tearing, it's time to hang them up. He won't be good for 10 sacks a year, but he will still be a good run defender and will be productive.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I don't think him skipping OTA's is a big deal because the vet's don't really do much during this period. Minicamp in June is more significant and you'd like to have something done by then.

He's not elite anymore but the drop off in run stopping whenever he wasn't in was noticeable to me.

This article goes through some of the different scenarios for an extension.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think Cam is washed, so whatever…their Dline sucks with or without him…

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Turns out Rudolph is a baby as well.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Turns out Rudolph is a baby as well.

Not sure if your word choice is serious or sarcastic.

To extract the reddest and dodgiest of meat from the article...

"Kaboly could not confirm or deny the other part of that initial report that stated that Rudolph texted Pickett and expressed much of his frustrations with the Steelers, causing Pickett to request a trade."

edit: Scratch that, something redder and even more unreliable from the comments section...

"I know someone "administrative" in the front office if you will... I believe that person more than anyone else.

Coach cliche and Kahn told Rudolph and Pickett that they were going to get every opportunity to start. Compete against each other in camp with the new OC Smith and new offensive scheme that will offer the opportunity to succeed instead of what they saw after several years of Canada influence.

Then heyward came in and basically said hey I'm done unless you guys try to get Wilson in here and get rid of the diva complainers. AKA DJ.

So they were second banana to the giants for Wilson but promised him he would start if he took league minimum. Word leaked out and then cliche went and tried to snowball Pickett and Rudolph AGAIN and in a nutshell, they were sick of being lied to. Picket said he wanted out asap ANYWHERE else and he'd take his chances. And they had never even tried to get Rudolph signed HOPING he wouldn't leave. Why? Because coach cliche has ALWAYS believed Garrett and they thought they could just sign Rudolph to a crummy 1 year deal again after the draft and he's sick of the dangling carrot. So he now has a legit shot at a real competition. Not another lie fairy tale."

Reactions: lastcupever75

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not sure if your word choice is serious or sarcastic.

It was sarcastic after everyone screamed about how much of a baby Pickett was for demanding a trade.

We don't truly know what happened here, but it really seems to be clear that both Pickett asking for a trade and Rudolph signing elsewhere were at least partially justified. I don't think the Steelers necessarily did anything "wrong", because wanting to make the team better is fundamentally not "wrong", but the smoke out there suggests that at least both Pickett and Rudolph were unhappy with some aspect of how they did it.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I had a lot more use for Rudolph than the other jamokes last year. Rudolph of anyone would have a legit case for being disgruntled. That said I still like Wilson and Fields better. Would have been good if Rudolph stayed however.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It was sarcastic after everyone screamed about how much of a baby Pickett was for demanding a trade.

We don't truly know what happened here, but it really seems to be clear that both Pickett asking for a trade and Rudolph signing elsewhere were at least partially justified.

Okay thought as much but wondered if my memory was betraying me and you were in Camp Scream.

And yes, it seems clear to me as well. Beyond the likelihood the Steelers changed the sales pitch on them, if its reasonable for the Steelers to look at their options, then it's reasonable for the players to look at theirs too.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad