OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Daniel Jeremiah has Fautanu as a 6.47 (Will be good starter within 2 years) compared to 6.44 for Broderick last year. Pretty much the same overall grade.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Beanie Bishop a nice UDFA signing.
1714266091047.png

Slot corner

Reactions: MrBrightside

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Time will tell but I agree, GREAT draft based on value at need positions as well as consensus rankings, better than last year. Jeremiah was high on it also.

Drafted the wrong Iowa guy. Should’ve gone with Torrence Taylor - absolute weapon. Unfortunately, would’ve needed too high of a pick for him though. This guy will do.

So many PSU kids drafted I can’t even keep track. But hey, all the Pitt fans keep telling me they’re not an elite program 😂
#creepyvalley

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hey, we’re a cocky bunch. I’ll chill. Here’s something nice I’ll say about Pitt - Nar-doushey does develop decent DB’s. I actually don’t hate the idea of taking a flyer on Devonshire. At this point though, sixth rounders are whatever. They’re addressing CB elsewhere anyway I guess.
Well, when you beat Michigan and Ohio State then maybe cocky. You're still creepy. I wouldn't be gloating in your shoes. No need to draw attention to your UNI.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Hey, we’re a cocky bunch. I’ll chill. Here’s something nice I’ll say about Pitt - Nar-doushey does develop decent DB’s. I actually don’t hate the idea of taking a flyer on Devonshire. At this point though, sixth rounders are whatever. They’re addressing CB elsewhere anyway I guess.

A cocky bunch that’s 5-19 against Ohio State since 2000

Reactions: Rave7215

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Right now it is a struggle to be calm and measured about the first four picks. I think they went about as close to perfect as you're going to see in an NFL draft.

I think - bearing in mind I'm a profile compiler and no connoisseur of video - that Fautanu is a better tackle today than Jones was last year. I would not be surprised if Fautanu is in fact just a better tackle today, period. He's at least a year older so that kind of tracks but, damn, feels like the guy should at least be solid and might be special.

Frazier, should be solid, might be special. Feels like he's the kind of guy where it's just a very bad idea to let him get his hands on you. Question is how often he'll do that clean given he's not a super athlete and doesn't have the longest arms but he should at least survive.

Wilson one... again, should be solid, might be special. His mentality and speed feel like theyshould make for a better player than he currently is and it's easy to come up with a narrative as to why that didn't happen at Michigan.

Wilson two should be a star ILB if he's fit. He's built in a lab and does everything. Just that question.

The rest of it, we'll see. Big potential guys but way to go with all of them per normal.

And should be solid, might be special, is usually just solid.

But... I've been pretty nonplussed on what the Steelers are doing, and I can't get over how just how nicely the board fell for them and how well they took advantage of it.

edit: And maybe I'm crazy but with Payton Wilson's speed I'm honestly wondering if you can't just use him as a nickel CB from time to time. I mean, if the dude is substantially faster than Mike Hilton with near identical agility testing...

*pause* Another way of putting Wilson's speed is he's basically as fast as Porter despite carrying 40 lbs more muscle. Freeeeeaaaaak.
Payron Wilson is everything they wanted Bush to be with 6 extra inches and two extra balls

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
They just had a 4 game series less than 3 years ago
I went to the University of Florida and they played Utah twice in the last few years.

And no one cares.

Four games after, what was it, over three decades of separation? And not to be repeated?

Those four games were a glorified Winter Classic game. A meaningless gimmick.

Reactions: JTG

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
And he's already mashed up his knee so that can't happen to him! Well, not to whichever knee is without an ACL.

Hines Ward played his entire college and NFL career without an ACL in his left knee.

Think it was because of a bicycle accident when he was a kid.

Elway was also missing an ACL.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I went to the University of Florida and they played Utah twice in the last few years.

And no one cares.

Four games after, what was it, over three decades of separation? And not to be repeated?

Those four games were a glorified Winter Classic game. A meaningless gimmick.
One team wants to continue the tradition the other doesn’t. I kinda hoped they would keep playing especially with the extended college playoff now.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, I saw Lloyd played with ACL. Elway and Ward too.

It happens.

Of course the thing about Wilson is he's got smashed up in all the other ways too...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Hines Ward played his entire college and NFL career without an ACL in his left knee.

Think it was because of a bicycle accident when he was a kid.

Elway was also missing an ACL.
And this kid played the last two years injury free and at an extremely high level with that deficit.

Is he risk free? Obviously not.
But was he worth the gamble where he was drafted? Without a doubt.

Good chance the Steelers get a first round talent in the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad